Y Not 2024

beau1

16 hours ago, thatTFBguy said:

Noel, Frank Turner, Kooks and Vaccines all big draws for my partner and I, so it's a sizeable difference for us.  Doubt we'll swap as local to Tramlines and got Early Bird so tickets were (relatively) cheap, but considering doing Y Not as well now. 

That's a fair comment if you have interest in those artists.  Was really looking forward to The Kooks other year at Tramlines and was majorly underwhelmed unfortunately. 

Seen Frank with the Sleeping Souls a couple of times and would love him adding to Tramlines.

10 hours ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

That's a fair comment if you have interest in those artists.  Was really looking forward to The Kooks other year at Tramlines and was majorly underwhelmed unfortunately. 

Seen Frank with the Sleeping Souls a couple of times and would love him adding to Tramlines.

I think this Frank Turner Y Not gig is a solo one but those are amazing also so highly recommend watching if he gets added to Tramlines

11 hours ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Was really looking forward to The Kooks other year at Tramlines and was majorly underwhelmed unfortunately. 

Seen them a few times. Nothing super special, but good festival band for me. Wouldn't pay to see them at a headline gig but decent fun as part of a lineup. 

Snow Patrol definitely have it in them to do a good set, but it will require cutting a few of the ballads that clog up the set at their own shows. (This may be an unpopular opinion.)

Hands Open
Crack the Shutters
Chocolate
Shut Your Eyes
Empress
Take Back the City
This Isn't Everything You Are
Run
Heal Me
10 Set the Fire to the Third Bar
11 Signal Fire
12 Spitting Games
13 Chasing Cars
14 You're All I Have

15 Called Out in the Dark
16 Open Your Eyes
17 Just Say Yes

Know they barely touch Signal Fire, but it's their biggest-charting hit. Need to pull their finger out and get on with it.

On 1/31/2024 at 4:29 PM, Conners2390 said:

Still a couple more acts to be announced of relevance and also late night I did hear Annie Mac was booked 

Ideal ones for me to supplement what's already been announced would be The Enemy (playing gigs the week before). Also wouldn't mind Temples, Peace and Feeder from the Kendal lineup.

On 2/1/2024 at 3:47 PM, NorthernSoul52 said:

Snow Patrol definitely have it in them to do a good set, but it will require cutting a few of the ballads that clog up the set at their own shows. (This may be an unpopular opinion.)

Hands Open
Crack the Shutters
Chocolate
Shut Your Eyes
Empress
Take Back the City
This Isn't Everything You Are
Run
Heal Me
10 Set the Fire to the Third Bar
11 Signal Fire
12 Spitting Games
13 Chasing Cars
14 You're All I Have

15 Called Out in the Dark
16 Open Your Eyes
17 Just Say Yes

Know they barely touch Signal Fire, but it's their biggest-charting hit. Need to pull their finger out and get on with it.

Would love that setlist! How to be Dead was always a favourite but that seems to have fallen out of favour the last decade or so, along with Spitting Games. Tiny Little Fractures was always immense live but probably will remain in the past. 

Edited by efcfanwirral

4 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Would love that setlist! How to be Dead was always a favourite but that seems to have fallen out of favour the last decade or so, along with Spitting Games. Tiny Little Fractures was always immense live but probably will remain in the past. 

There's definitely a few with a bit more grunt they could do with digging out. They barely play Hands Open anymore, which I find bizarre, given it is one of the most effective "live" songs in their catalogue.

1 hour ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

There's definitely a few with a bit more grunt they could do with digging out. They barely play Hands Open anymore, which I find bizarre, given it is one of the most effective "live" songs in their catalogue.

I agree to an extent but I guess a lot of their well known stuff is ballad like, and most of the album that song is off is really slow. Strange one, I can't work out how well they'll go down. 

That said, I'm a big fan of Noel and his solo stuff, and I love Council Skies to the point where I've listened to it most days, but that first few tracks are going to go down so badly with the general crowd! 

13 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

I agree to an extent but I guess a lot of their well known stuff is ballad like, and most of the album that song is off is really slow. Strange one, I can't work out how well they'll go down. 

That said, I'm a big fan of Noel and his solo stuff, and I love Council Skies to the point where I've listened to it most days, but that first few tracks are going to go down so badly with the general crowd! 

I though the approach NGHFB favoured last year - and have done for a few - where they work their way back in time is pretty good. But at the same time, it's about striking a balance. A few tweaks to last year and...:

Pretty Boy
Council Skies
We're On Our Way Now
Black Star Dancing
Holy Mountain
You Know We Can't Go Back
In the Heat of the Moment
Everybody's On the Run
AKA... What a Life!
10 Dead in the Water
11 Talk Tonight
12 The Importance of Being Idle
13 Whatever
14 Half the World Away
15 Little by Little
16 Stop Crying Your Heart Out

17 Wonderwall
18 The Masterplan
19 Don't Look Back in Anger

Does anyone have a way of contacting them? I have a couple of issues that I can not get answered on their site and can not seem to get any replies via email, socials or the phone number (08449670001 is listed for ticket enquiries but is not recognised).

I have a question about a disability assistant application

And also I am trying to add someone to my order so they can use our accommodation option, but when I put my order details into the "I already have an order" section it says It does not recognise those details (can someone else try this and see if it's everyone or just me?).

Getting hold of anyone seems near impossible

6 hours ago, J3mmo said:

Does anyone have a way of contacting them? I have a couple of issues that I can not get answered on their site and can not seem to get any replies via email, socials or the phone number (08449670001 is listed for ticket enquiries but is not recognised).

I have a question about a disability assistant application

And also I am trying to add someone to my order so they can use our accommodation option, but when I put my order details into the "I already have an order" section it says It does not recognise those details (can someone else try this and see if it's everyone or just me?).

Getting hold of anyone seems near impossible

Re the ticket order - was it via See tickets? I just tried - link from the confirmation email. Put the info in the form. They then sent me an email with an access link, which worked. Maybe check your spam, or contact the ticket agent (See or whoever) for support on that bit.

Edited by sheffinghell
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, sheffinghell said:

Re the ticket order - was it via See tickets? I just tried - link from the confirmation email. Put the info in the form. They then sent me an email with an access link, which worked. Maybe check your spam, or contact the ticket agent (See or whoever) for support on that bit.

It was via see tickets because that what the festival uses yes. That part works for me also (so I know I am getting the details right) but just sends a confirmation and doesn't allow any changes. On the ticket purchasing website here

https://ynotfestival.seetickets.com/event/y-not-festival/pikehall/2734359#op1

It says below. But when I put my details in it does not recognise them.

image.png

For this problem I just need to add another ticket and make sure they can use our glamping option (there are still spare berths), the terms and conditions say they have to be on he same order. Alternatively to above it says I can make changes as below, but that number isn't recognised and there's no response from that email or their general enquiries email.

image.png

Managed to get something back from See Tickets (took a while). They have said that as long as there is space in our tent it doesn't matter that a person is on a different order. Just in case anyone else has the same issue

• Like 1

4 hours ago, poppycocteau87 said:

Should this be called the Y Not Any Women festival?

Last year I saw KT Tunstall, SEB, Divorce, Sprints, Panic Shack and Kate Nash. All women artists/bands/female leads, all great acts. This year will be similar. 

Given the type of festival YNot is, I am not sure who else they could book. Maybe Wet Leg, Last Dinner Party but are these artists available and/or want to do YNot? 

Feel free to suggest other acts you feel could/should be there? 

4 hours ago, DanWhite said:

Feel free to suggest other acts you feel could/should be there? 

This is a self fulfilling problem though. Suggest they could’ve done more; here’sa few that appear likely to be around at about the same time this year for example that I’ve just worked out whilst sitting on the loo

CMAT

Camera obscura

Etta Marcus

the Big Moon

Prima Queen

Dehd

Liz Lawrence

15 hours ago, Aeroplane Over the Sea said:

This is a self fulfilling problem though. Suggest they could’ve done more; here’sa few that appear likely to be around at about the same time this year for example that I’ve just worked out whilst sitting on the loo

CMAT

Camera obscura

Etta Marcus

the Big Moon

Prima Queen

Dehd

Liz Lawrence

Etta Marcus will probably end up playing, she had her not sold out tour just after the poster came out, so can see her being on a future release. She was really good.

The others apart from Camera Obscura could all get added. They feel a bit refined and 6 Music for the Y Not crowd (and I include myself in that!!). 

Also, I don't think it's really a festival aimed at people who'll be expecting a 50/50 split, I'd even go as far as to say they'd lose much of their audience by going down that road

Edited by efcfanwirral

9 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Etta Marcus will probably end up playing, she had her not sold out tour just after the poster came out, so can see her being on a future release. She was really good.

The others apart from Camera Obscura could all get added. They feel a bit refined and 6 Music for the Y Not crowd (and I include myself in that!!). 

Also, I don't think it's really a festival aimed at people who'll be expecting a 50/50 split, I'd even go as far as to say they'd lose much of their audience by going down that road

There's always some good female acts, but would be nice to see one or two higher up the billing. Ditto Tramlines.

11 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

And to be fair, I think they can have an impact by making ‘more effort’ without threatening their core business model. 50/50 split is always a bit arbitrary for me in any case; some of these festivals  appear to make ‘no effort at all’ and that’s where I just think it’s quite lazy.

The ones getting BBC money in my opinion should be made to make ‘a real effort’ to get more diversity on their lineups 

12 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Have to agree with the final paragraph. Rightly or wrongly, YNot and many other festivals play it 'safe' with their acts i.e. which ones are going to shift as close to 100% of the tickets as possible. It just isn't in the same space as a Glasto, which knows it will sell out irrespective. 

Should there be more female acts and more female acts higher up the bill? Absolutely! Should YNot try and go 50/50? I mean it can but I fear it will lose ticket sales because of it. That is just the world we live in.

Hopefully the female acts that are there this year go on to get more exposure and can come back and get a crack at headlining in the future.  

18 minutes ago, DanWhite said:

Have to agree with the final paragraph. Rightly or wrongly, YNot and many other festivals play it 'safe' with their acts i.e. which ones are going to shift as close to 100% of the tickets as possible. It just isn't in the same space as a Glasto, which knows it will sell out irrespective. 

Should there be more female acts and more female acts higher up the bill? Absolutely! Should YNot try and go 50/50? I mean it can but I fear it will lose ticket sales because of it. That is just the world we live in.

Hopefully the female acts that are there this year go on to get more exposure and can come back and get a crack at headlining in the future.  

As said above there's unfortunately a small pool of female (or female led) acts which fit the 'style' of Ynot/tramlines/Truck/Kendal, especially when you are looking to fit the headliner spots. I've always been one pushing at Reading/Leeds for more higher-placed female names and in that scenario I don't really find 1 of 6 headliners female particularly satisfactory.

However, on the other hand bookings are made based on a) what's available and b) what is going to shift the most tickets at the most reasonable price.

I think Superstruct should look to have a more diverse line up in general, not just fixated on the headliners. One of the best bands I've seen at Truck was wolf alice and it would be good to have them back, I just don't know if they are available. I think Chvrches or Girl in Red would be a nice booking for a headliner too- Paramore or Avril Lavigne as well, but I think they are probably too expensive..

As much as I like the big moon or Kate Nash they are recycled quite often. Dodie played Superstruct a few years back which was a nice change up (although the crowd was horrendous).

Anteros were a really good female led band which used to be present but sadly aren't around anymore. And I don't know  what's happened to fickle friends either.

But yeah, the top lines of the poster aren't the most diverse..