Y Not 2024

beau1

23 minutes ago, DanWhite said:

Announced so far 

Noel, Declan McKenna, Jamie T, Snow Patrol, Katy B

This is not looking good for me so far. Might be trying to swap tickets for something else

3 minutes ago, sheffinghell said:

This is not looking good for me so far. Might be trying to swap tickets for something else

Go for it......I mean it's only 5/6 names that have been leaked. You do know they are not going to leak ALL the big acts on the Monday AM!!!! You will also miss the other 100+ artists that you might like or don't know you like

3 minutes ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Not as impressive as 2023 then.

Thought last year was the best line up of all the Festivals.

They have leaked a grand total of Five acts and you are judging the whole festival on those Five names?

3 minutes ago, DanWhite said:

Noel, Declan McKenna, Jamie T, Snow Patrol, Katy B, Holly Humberstone, The Vaccines

Suspect the vast majority of the main stage Headliners and Subs will come from these.

Personal opinion but the 2023 line up of Royal Blood, Kasabian, Weller, Wombats, James and DMA's was far superior. 

Fully appreciate there will be stacks more acts and for me it is more about the undercard anyway and the different stages at any Festival.

6 minutes ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Suspect the vast majority of the main stage Headliners and Subs will come from these.

Personal opinion but the 2023 line up of Royal Blood, Kasabian, Weller, Wombats, James and DMA's was far superior. 

Fully appreciate there will be stacks more acts and for me it is more about the undercard anyway and the different stages at any Festival.

Can see Noel and Snow Patrol headlining, with the other being on the undercard. Rumours are Gerry C is headlining the Sat. Personally for me 2022 was a better set of headliners but the subs and other acts was better last year.  I am not 'blown away' with these, mainly as I have seen them before/not my bag. That said, writing off a festival after 6 names is just plain daft (not saying you were...but some have!) . 

Edited by DanWhite

12 minutes ago, DanWhite said:

They have leaked a grand total of Five acts and you are judging the whole festival on those Five names?

Those names are the one's that will sell the festival mainly. Royal Blood, Yonaka in my case, Weller, James, DMAs were my selling points. Reytons too in fairness. 

Noel, Declan, Jamie T, Snow Patrol, The Vaccines wouldn't sell me the ticket as you can only do the whole 3 days there. If say it was Noel and The Vaccines on a day ticket possibly.

2 minutes ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

I don't think anything beat Y Not in 2023 myself. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, DanWhite said:

Can see Noel and Snow Patrol headlining, with the other being on the undercard. Rumours are Gerry C is headlining the Sat. Personally for me 2022 was a better set of headliners but the subs and other acts was better last year.  I am not 'blown away' with these, mainly as I have seen them before/not my bag. That said, writing off a festival after 6 names is just plain daft (not saying you were...but some have!) . 

The thing for some people is, if they don't like the headliners and the band underneath are not overall worth it which as the mid size festivals will be much smaller 3rd down etc then the price isn't worth it for them. In their mind before the sub even starts on a couple of nights they are back to the tent. There are those other tents that have different music playing but you don't want to have your headliner time in them really as they are kind a bit of fun after a headliner or some point in the day for something different.

I'd be fairly sure based on those name that a 3 day weekend option only wouldn't make me buy.

10 minutes ago, northernangel said:

Those names are the one's that will sell the festival mainly. Royal Blood, Yonaka in my case, Weller, James, DMAs were my selling points. Reytons too in fairness. 

Noel, Declan, Jamie T, Snow Patrol, The Vaccines wouldn't sell me the ticket as you can only do the whole 3 days there. If say it was Noel and The Vaccines on a day ticket possibly.

I don't think anything beat Y Not in 2023 myself. 

Maybe wait till Wednesday before deciding on what should 'sell' the festival. These are just a handful of names being leaked to gather social media interest ahead of the announcement on Wed. As a general view, I go to YNot for many reasons, the Headliners' being one. The new acts, the atmosphere, places like Club Malibu, The VIP tent, being with a massive group of mates etc. To judge this year on 5/6 names is just silly IMO! 

1 minute ago, northernangel said:

The thing for some people is, if they don't like the headliners and the band underneath are not overall worth it which as the mid size festivals will be much smaller 3rd down etc then the price isn't worth it for them. In their mind before the sub even starts on a couple of nights they are back to the tent. There are those other tents that have different music playing but you don't want to have your headliner time in them really as they are kind a bit of fun after a headliner or some point in the day for something different.

I'd be fairly sure based on those name that a 3 day weekend option only wouldn't make me buy.

Fine, no dramas. I will have an amazing time regardless who is headlining. All I will say is wait till Wednesday, when they announce 50 acts not just 6 or 7. I brought my 3 day ticket for £99 (or £109 can't remember) in Aug so I know I will get VFM with just Noel, Jamie T and the Vaccines.....that's before the other 100+ acts are named.  

45 minutes ago, DanWhite said:

It is Tramlines I am a regular at but did Y Not last year.  

Every year the highlights for me are the under card.  This is where you need to do your research and find bands you previously did not know of.  There are many bands I have seen a number of times after 'discovering' them lower down on the Main Stage or smaller stages.  Artists like Red Rum Club, The K's, The Mary Wallopers, Inhaler, The Magic Gang, Sheafs etc.   Its what makes the Festival.

Your mention of Gerry puts a different slant on it - he is my dream Tramlines booking.  Thought this might be the year but not sure what with him doing Leeds and Reading and the fact they generally don't share Headliners.

34 minutes ago, DanWhite said:

Fine, no dramas. I will have an amazing time regardless who is headlining. All I will say is wait till Wednesday, when they announce 50 acts not just 6 or 7. I brought my 3 day ticket for £99 (or £109 can't remember) in Aug so I know I will get VFM with just Noel, Jamie T and the Vaccines.....that's before the other 100+ acts are named.  

Oh i will wait, I mean it's not not as case of I won't look.

1 hour ago, DanWhite said:

Go for it......I mean it's only 5/6 names that have been leaked. You do know they are not going to leak ALL the big acts on the Monday AM!!!! You will also miss the other 100+ artists that you might like or don't know you like

Of course, I'm not going to until more is released. Just saying there's nothing there yet I'd be excited to see. TBF, last year, the smaller stages had a lot more to offer than the headliners, but there were a few decent acts on the main stage too. I'd just like for at least one headliner I'm keen to see.

Saw Noel last year, and seemed like he was going through the motions, Declan and Jamie T are not my cuppa... and there's a fair bit of cross over with Tramlines so far, which this year has the better acts leaked so far (from my POV). Hoping for a stellar undercard, or will see if Kendal has the better lineup for my preferences.