Y Not 2024

beau1

59 minutes ago, DanWhite said:

Have to agree with the final paragraph. Rightly or wrongly, YNot and many other festivals play it 'safe' with their acts i.e. which ones are going to shift as close to 100% of the tickets as possible. It just isn't in the same space as a Glasto, which knows it will sell out irrespective. 

Should there be more female acts and more female acts higher up the bill? Absolutely! Should YNot try and go 50/50? I mean it can but I fear it will lose ticket sales because of it. That is just the world we live in.

Hopefully the female acts that are there this year go on to get more exposure and can come back and get a crack at headlining in the future.  

34 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

As said above there's unfortunately a small pool of female (or female led) acts which fit the 'style' of Ynot/tramlines/Truck/Kendal, especially when you are looking to fit the headliner spots. I've always been one pushing at Reading/Leeds for more higher-placed female names and in that scenario I don't really find 1 of 6 headliners female particularly satisfactory.

However, on the other hand bookings are made based on a) what's available and b) what is going to shift the most tickets at the most reasonable price.

I think Superstruct should look to have a more diverse line up in general, not just fixated on the headliners. One of the best bands I've seen at Truck was wolf alice and it would be good to have them back, I just don't know if they are available. I think Chvrches or Girl in Red would be a nice booking for a headliner too- Paramore or Avril Lavigne as well, but I think they are probably too expensive..

As much as I like the big moon or Kate Nash they are recycled quite often. Dodie played Superstruct a few years back which was a nice change up (although the crowd was horrendous).

Anteros were a really good female led band which used to be present but sadly aren't around anymore. And I don't know  what's happened to fickle friends either.

But yeah, the top lines of the poster aren't the most diverse..

I'd love to see Wolf Alice headline, they were great at that post-pandemic Latitude in that slot. 

I can't really talk on all this because I'm going to this festival specifically because Noel and Snow Patrol are headlining, and it may have been different if they weren't. 

The small pool is a good point, and on Wolf Alice, they aren't touring at that point this year so when that sort of situation comes up where albums are being completed by the bigger ones there's not a lot to be done. 

I think Holly Humberstone and Black Honey are great and are big draws for me this year (clashes permitting), but I'm not sure I'd be the same if they were in headline positions. Its a weird one. 

On 2/12/2024 at 1:49 PM, DanWhite said:

Have to agree with the final paragraph. Rightly or wrongly, YNot and many other festivals play it 'safe' with their acts i.e. which ones are going to shift as close to 100% of the tickets as possible. It just isn't in the same space as a Glasto, which knows it will sell out irrespective. 

Should there be more female acts and more female acts higher up the bill? Absolutely! Should YNot try and go 50/50? I mean it can but I fear it will lose ticket sales because of it. That is just the world we live in.

Hopefully the female acts that are there this year go on to get more exposure and can come back and get a crack at headlining in the future.  

Yeah, I feel Y Not has gone lowest common denominator in recent years. I wanted to go, but the lineup was very off putting for me. I think the teens will like it though.

16 hours ago, CharlotteB said:

Yeah, I feel Y Not has gone lowest common denominator in recent years. I wanted to go, but the lineup was very off putting for me. I think the teens will like it though.

I would look past the headliners and look at the ‘smaller’ acts. YNot is such a great festival to get around and see loads of new bands/artists. 

3 hours ago, DanWhite said:

I would look past the headliners and look at the ‘smaller’ acts. YNot is such a great festival to get around and see loads of new bands/artists. 

True, and I think it's probably my musical taste that's changed more than Y Not itself. Think it was Snoop Dogg headlining last time I went, and I remember having a great night watching Less Than Jake 😅

• 3 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Dales said:

Nothing much to interest me on the new announcements but do like IST IST, so will see them if they dont clash with anyone.

They were pretty good last year. Mind you only did a half hour slot on Scruff of the neck. Maybe they'll be upgraded to Giant Squid this year.

No real surprises, and I am aware that it is market drop-off, but Snow Patrol and Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds remain two impressive headliners, even as they pop up across the rest of the circuit.

That's a pair of ex-IOW bill-toppers in your back pocket. 

4 hours ago, sheffinghell said:

Here it is then. No major additions. But filled out a bit more on the smaller stages. Comedy a bit disappointing for here and Tramlines this year. 

Screenshot_20240307-180735.png

Dolores Forever are a good addition for me. I will have a listen to the others 

4 hours ago, sheffinghell said:

They were pretty good last year. Mind you only did a half hour slot on Scruff of the neck. Maybe they'll be upgraded to Giant Squid this year.

I missed that set but have seen them before. Hopefully, I willcatch them this year.

53 minutes ago, thatTFBguy said:

Still don't get why they don't hold back some of the subs or second stage headliners for the second announcement. Weird to even bother with a 2nd drop with such minor additions. 

Suspect that it is a) Because they want to shift tickets so getting the 'big' names out early gets them moving and b) they need to nail down the bigger names early as they are the ones far more likely to be on long tours/tied to a certain set of festivals. 

On 3/7/2024 at 6:09 PM, sheffinghell said:

Here it is then. No major additions. But filled out a bit more on the smaller stages. Comedy a bit disappointing for here and Tramlines this year. 

A few more bands added I want to see like Dylan John Thomas, The Clause, The Kairos, Girlband, Stanleys and The Publics. Still a tiny bit underwhelmed with the headliners/subs but I will have an amazing time nonetheless. 

On 3/7/2024 at 6:09 PM, sheffinghell said:

I think it looks very basic under the top two lines with options very sparse compared to last years. I guess given these are shared over the years with others though, you are going to see the acta that you didn't essentially go for at a different festival appear. I've got Jake Bugg, Softplay, The View but nothing I would go out my way for or that won't be at a different festival sparking interest 

On 2/10/2024 at 9:37 AM, J3mmo said:

Does anyone have a way of contacting them? I have a couple of issues that I can not get answered on their site and can not seem to get any replies via email, socials or the phone number (08449670001 is listed for ticket enquiries but is not recognised).

I have a question about a disability assistant application

And also I am trying to add someone to my order so they can use our accommodation option, but when I put my order details into the "I already have an order" section it says It does not recognise those details (can someone else try this and see if it's everyone or just me?).

Getting hold of anyone seems near impossible

Still not managed to get a conclusion to the access application. On ticket day they said allow a month, then 4 weeks ago they said they' be reviewed in the the following 2 weeks.

Has anyone had anything back about access applications? at this rate we might end up with a disabled person going with no carer (particularly if the tickets sell out and there is no option). I seem to be getting other problems relating to paying via instalments (can't update parking or add tickets to the order etc) so wonder if it's related to that again

• 4 weeks later...

Already surveying for who people want to see next year. Sadly there was no box to say, give us a bit more variety across the different events so we can choose the one that works best. And/or release headlines at the time tickets go on sale.

https://ynotfestival.com/2025-line-up-requests/ - you can win a pair of tickets for next year.

• 2 weeks later...