Y Not 2024

beau1

7 minutes ago, sisco said:

Shall see what comes next week and I’m sure it’ll top the rest.  Tbf, does for me because of Biffy.  Hoping for Frank Turner, Beans of course, Mysterines, Paul Heaton from the current lineups doing the rounds.  

Best of the bunch from Truck, this and Tramlines presumably. Yeah it is a shame with Biffy, I look at Download show, their Reading show and their last arena tour and I want to hear only 6 of the songs whatever they played over those nights. They are one of those now where I'd probably catch as a festival undercard band but not closing the festival.

Decent value for money lineup, even if the headliners aren’t for you. Newdad, THE GOA EXPRESS, hotwax, Yard act and Bob Vylan all decent bookings.

Certainly wouldn’t be paying for a Thursday upgrade though. 😬

2 hours ago, FestivalJamie said:

Agreed. Undercard is quite nice there although headliners are somewhat unoriginal.

Frank turner is a nice change up which most of the other superstruct festivals haven't secured.

I think you'll see Frank Turner in the upcoming Victorious announcement. He played Kendall last year so this and Victorious I reckon. 

15 hours ago, sheffinghell said:

How much is Jamie T paying them for all these headline slots. FFS.

Huge amount of cross-over this year. Two same headliners shared with Tramlines the week before, which given their proximity seems a bit of a liberty. Maybe Kendal will having something different tomorrow morning, but not holding my breath.

Jamie T did Finsbury last year - he's a pretty big booking so not surprised they want him at all of them

9 minutes ago, gfa said:

Jamie T did Finsbury last year - he's a pretty big booking so not surprised they want him at all of them

Yeah, my main beef is that if you're not a fan, it's pretty rubbish if you want to do more than one of these festivals

Just now, sheffinghell said:

Yeah, my main beef is that if you're not a fan, it's pretty rubbish if you want to do more than one of these festivals

0.1% of festivalgoers will do more than one superstruct fest

They always share headliners, I guess two is more than usual.m

7 minutes ago, gfa said:

0.1% of festivalgoers will do more than one superstruct fest

They always share headliners, I guess two is more than usual.m

Two shared headliners (from a pretty uninspiring selection), is the issue. Last year there was no headline cross-over between YNot and Tramlines, and even though I wasn't fussed about all of them, there was variety and a few things to dip into. Not much undercard cross over last year either, but I fear that will also be an issue looking at what's been released so far. Hoping for a few stronger 2nd stage / subs still to be announced, plus a half decent comedy offering. I can just about justify hanging on to both tickets at early bird prices, but there's definitely no wow factor.

1 minute ago, sheffinghell said:

Two shared headliners (from a pretty uninspiring selection), is the issue. Last year there was no headline cross-over between YNot and Tramlines, and even though I wasn't fussed about all of them, there was variety and a few things to dip into. Not much undercard cross over last year either, but I fear that will also be an issue looking at what's been released so far. Hoping for a few stronger 2nd stage / subs still to be announced, plus a half decent comedy offering. I can just about justify hanging on to both tickets at early bird prices, but there's definitely no wow factor.

But there was a crossover with other Superstruct events.  There always is a pool of about what… 8 headliners or so that are spread about 

Paolo Nutini, The Streets, NGHFB, Biffy Clyro, Jamie T, Fatboy Slim, Snow Patrol and Wet Leg are this years (if we don’t count the Thursday).

Paolo Nutini - Kendall + Tramlines

The Streets - Kendall + Truck

NGHFB - Kendall + Y Not

Biffy Clyro - Victorious

Jamie T - Tramlines, Truck, Victorious, Y Not

Snow Patrol - Y Not,  Victorious, Tramlines

Wet Leg - Truck

When you split it out like that there’s on 2 acts doing more than 2 of the festivals.

4 minutes ago, sisco said:

But there was a crossover with other Superstruct events.  There always is a pool of about what… 8 headliners or so that are spread about 

Paolo Nutini, The Streets, NGHFB, Biffy Clyro, Jamie T, Fatboy Slim, Snow Patrol and Wet Leg are this years (if we don’t count the Thursday).

NGHFB - Kendall + Y Not

Biffy Clyro - Victorious

Wet Leg - Truck

When you split it out like that there’s on 2 acts doing more than 2 of the festivals.

Hadn't clicked Wet Leg only at one of them, they are going to get a decent Glasto spot surely.

11 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Snow Patrol are getting everywhere. Victorious landing Biffy Clyro still feels like a big statement for me.

Got Mumfords too last year.  Feels like they’re trying to increase the size of their acts 

20 minutes ago, sheffinghell said:

Haha we did the same! Unfortunately Truck + Kendal are way more inclined to our interests so with a bit of luck will sell our earlybird Tramlines + Y Not and get those instead!

3 minutes ago, sisco said:

Got Mumfords too last year.  Feels like they’re trying to increase the size of their acts 

For 60k capacity and the price increase they should be really. Victorious by a mile has the best headline squad we'll say and it's SP and Fatboy Slim. 

With this and Tramlines offering day tickets, I'm hoping I finally get the needed to commit to Friday next week. 

The biggest issue with going to Cream is that a hotel in Liverpool that weekend I mad in price and the site is quite a trek away from the city. There is bare accommodation close by and I'm not going to Creamfields just for a day to mot have a drink...that would get very dull very quick especially in the day light. 

26 minutes ago, Jason C said:

Haha we did the same! Unfortunately Truck + Kendal are way more inclined to our interests so with a bit of luck will sell our earlybird Tramlines + Y Not and get those instead!

Y Not going to easier to shift than Tramlines I reckon, from reactions on socials so far. Mind you early bird pricing makes them all more attractive at resale.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, sisco said:

NGHFB - Kendall + Y Not

Biffy Clyro - Victorious

Wet Leg - Truck

We just got unlucky with the two doing multiple, both doing the two festivals virtually next door to each other (well 40-50 miles ish)

3 hours ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Not a great deal of difference is there ?  Noel as Headliner and Frank Turner.  Think the 3 subs are worse than Tramlines.   Kooks, McKenna and Vaccines v BBC, Tom Grennan and Human League.

Noel, Frank Turner, Kooks and Vaccines all big draws for my partner and I, so it's a sizeable difference for us.  Doubt we'll swap as local to Tramlines and got Early Bird so tickets were (relatively) cheap, but considering doing Y Not as well now. 

3 hours ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Not a great deal of difference is there ?  Noel as Headliner and Frank Turner.  Think the 3 subs are worse than Tramlines.   Kooks, McKenna and Vaccines v BBC, Tom Grennan and Human League.

It's all really about what combination you want. If I was up Sheffield way and Y not in Derbyshire was better for me I would swap. Realistically we don't generally get festivals on our doorsteps and have to travel a bit.

9 minutes ago, northernangel said:

It's all really about what combination you want. If I was up Sheffield way and Y not in Derbyshire was better for me I would swap. Realistically we don't generally get festivals on our doorsteps and have to travel a bit.

Yeah, we're a little bit spoilt in Sheffield/Derbyshire, and Leeds/Halifax/Manchester events are also all very doable.