2025 Headliners

Forgive me if I’m being ignorant but is Dave really big enough at this point to headline? Like I know he headlined R&L a couple of years back but has he really advanced since then? Would be very weak imo especially compared to Rihanna/ Swift and even fender who’s rapidly growing atm and headlined R&L last year 

1 minute ago, Aromaticmusic1 said:

Forgive me if I’m being ignorant but is Dave really big enough at this point to headline? Like I know he headlined R&L a couple of years back but has he really advanced since then? Would be very weak imo especially compared to Rihanna/ Swift and even fender who’s rapidly growing atm and headlined R&L last year 

Well he's not released another album since then, but he's had some massive solo/collaborative singles, including one of the biggest of last year.

So yeah, I'd say his career has advanced since then. It certainly hasn't stagnated and will likely grow more with another album under his belt.

Among the current crop of four "younger" British acts who could step up, I think he's probably fourth in terms of obvious live pull behind Dua Lipa, Sam Fender and The 1975.

But conversely, on the whole, he's either second or third. Really depends how you want to quantify it, I guess.

10 hours ago, Aromaticmusic1 said:

I mean if you compare any that list  to Swift or Rhihana or Swift there small, you rule a lot of potential headlines out if you set the bar at that level. 

• Upvote 1

Yeah. I mean, the stadium pool is only finite, I guess. 

On a broad spectrum, feel most of your "upper" headliners at the twin-main-stage R+L could top the Pyramid - Arctic Monkeys, The Killers and Billie Eilish all have, and Dave, The 1975 and Sam Fender all could too.

This year is a little bit weirder for that metric though, so it definitely varies.

58 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Among the current crop of four "younger" British acts who could step up, I think he's probably fourth in terms of obvious live pull behind Dua Lipa, Sam Fender and The 1975.

But conversely, on the whole, he's either second or third. Really depends how you want to quantify it, I guess.

At some point Harry Styles has to be considered a legit shout.

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

We don't even know if she can board a plane to fly....

But she'd be a headliner I reckon..

No way she'd be a headliner.

They wouldn't book her as one, anyway.

1 hour ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Gotta be legends slot for her if she's booked, right? Especially following on from Cat Stevens setting precedent for an act of similar genre playing in recent years.

i missed their disco albums. 😛 

10 hours ago, JRhys29 said:

At some point Harry Styles has to be considered a legit shout.

I think if you play 2 shows at Wembley Stadium one year then come back and play another 4, you're probably at Pyramid Stage level already.

Though the question is if his tour bookers think there's more value in just doing his own dates.

5 minutes ago, WhoOdyssey said:

I'll be very surprised if Harry Styles doesn't headline sometime before 2030.

Yeah seems like a total slam dunk in the coming years. Obviously aware of the festival, will be a nice box ticker for him, incredibly popular and is building up a setlist of bangers. One of the front runners in the next couple of years whenever he releases album #4.

3 minutes ago, Aromaticmusic1 said:

Could he possibly do it next year? I think that would be really good then if maybe like Harry, Rihanna, fender 

not a bad shout