2024 Other Stage

Mark H

22 hours ago, FloopFiller said:

Best we can do is Yungblud.

I was so hopeful Sigrid - who was free that weekend - would guest with them at R+L, especially given Bad Life had been doing excellent airplay at the time.

A crime that charted as low as it did. Any justice and it should have been top-twenty, but alas, not the way things work of course.

Sigrid would be terrific on the Pyramid for a mid-afternoon bliss-out.

Tame Impala are curious. Been twice in the last decade, and they topped the Other Stage the same year they headlined Coachella, so I think they would take the rates.

But perhaps Parker may feel they should be Pyramid toppers or nothing else. (In another world, with exactly the same level of success they have now, they probably are.)

12 hours ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

Any chance of LCD Soundsystem or Tame Impala for Other headliner?

Tame Impala don't look to be about? might be wrong

12 hours ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

Sam Fender too big for Other Stage headliner now?

He just did pyramid sub which is basically the same size slot and has only grown since. he'll be waiting for the headliner call

Ok. I know it’s been covered before but if I raise Tool enough times perhaps it will make them more likely?

Playing the Friday night in Norway but free for the rest of Glasto weekend and no other dates to rush to afterwards.

Festivals are included in their tour dates so they wouldn’t have production issues brining the show to Glastonbury.

Sunday night Other Stage headliner to contrast Madge on Pointy McPoint Face?

5 hours ago, Mark H said:

Ok… I had a look at a map. Turns out Oslo isn’t super close. But this can be done… right?

It could, but it won’t. Pretty sure they headline any festival they play at, and judging by the ticket prices of their own shows they aren’t ones to take a lower paycheque, or budge on their set lengths and huge production choices.

Also at this point I’d be pretty surprised if the Sunday night Other headliner wasn’t The National given their dates perfectly line up. 

On 11/19/2023 at 11:40 PM, NorthernSoul52 said:

Sigrid would be terrific on the Pyramid for a mid-afternoon bliss-out.

Tame Impala are curious. Been twice in the last decade, and they topped the Other Stage the same year they headlined Coachella, so I think they would take the rates.

But perhaps Parker may feel they should be Pyramid toppers or nothing else. (In another world, with exactly the same level of success they have now, they probably are.)

Would love Sigrid to play. Perfect festival act. Would love Tame Impala but don’t look to be announced for anything else yet. Hopefully subbing Dua but don’t know if they’d work in the day. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, foolee said:

Would love Sigrid to play. Perfect festival act. Would love Tame Impala but don’t look to be announced for anything else yet. Hopefully subbing Dua but don’t know if they’d work in the day. 

They subbed Adele and it went down better than most expected, although given they’ve not been announced for any other festivals or seemingly have no tour dates yet for next year it’s probably unlikely they’ll return to do the same for Dua. 

6 hours ago, Mark H said:

Ok. I know it’s been covered before but if I raise Tool enough times perhaps it will make them more likely?

Playing the Friday night in Norway but free for the rest of Glasto weekend and no other dates to rush to afterwards.

Festivals are included in their tour dates so they wouldn’t have production issues brining the show to Glastonbury.

I’ll join you in the manifesting tool club 

7 hours ago, Mark H said:

I really want Tool but I really don’t want them to clash with Madge, that would be the worse clash ever for me.