Pukkelpop 2024

Archi

24 minutes ago, kilero said:

Well, my teenage-self would have loved to see them at Pukkelpop, too bad...
I can understand them not wanting to go in this direction but I find it a missed shot, especially given the return of hype which surrounds them at the moment.

Same feeling here. At the end there are several "expensive" rock bands that always are booked by Pukkelpop and play every 4/5 years (QOTSA, Limp Bizkit, The Offspring, You Me At Six, Dropkick Murphys...) and then they miss oportunities as booking Korn, that is a nice nostalgia act not seen in Pukkelpop in the last 22 years. The rock booking strategy made by Mr. Jansenn is hard to understand. 

So at the end, Queens Of The Stone Age (2010, 2014, 2024) and The Offspring (2009, 2015, 2024) for the top rock acts??

Edited by johnybegood

43 minutes ago, johnybegood said:

Same feeling here. At the end there are several "expensive" rock bands that always are booked by Pukkelpop and play every 4/5 years (QOTSA, Limp Bizkit, The Offspring, You Me At Six, Dropkick Murphys...) and then they miss oportunities as booking Korn, that is a nice nostalgia act not seen in Pukkelpop in the last 22 years. The rock booking strategy made by Mr. Jansenn is hard to understand. 

So at the end, Queens Of The Stone Age (2010, 2014, 2024) and The Offspring (2009, 2015, 2024) for the top rock acts??

I think/hope The Offspring will play the punk day at Lokerse. They've played PkP too often. 

QOTSA is more than welcome though. 

6 hours ago, matrainertje said:

I think/hope The Offspring will play the punk day at Lokerse. They've played PkP too often. 

QOTSA is more than welcome though. 

As far as I know Rise Against and Floggin Molly are topping Lokerse Feesten punkdag. Algo Millencollin are negociating with Lokerse and another belgian festival, let’s see which one books them. Destroy Boys are another clear option for punkdag.

• Thanks 1

If you also add in who Dour have previously announced then it's already looking like a great line up.

Guessing they probably offered Justice another closing set in the Marquee but Dour were able to give them the headline spot on their biggest outdoor stage (20,000).

Been thinking about the set up of PKP and whether they potentially miss out on certain bands because of the stages they have? Some of the bigger ones will only want to play on the Main and there's obviously only a limited number of slots at the top end each night. Reading and Leeds now have twin Main stages, and there are other examples of this across Europe, so can offer additional headline sets to bands. Is this something PKP now needs to consider?

I know there's lots of variables to take into account like budget, layout of the terrain and how recently a band last played the festival (which may have been a consideration for Justice as they were at PKP in 2018 and haven't toured since) but I believe there's bands they're 'losing' out on to other festivals because they can't accommodate their wishes. Think LCD Soundsystem will be an example of this and you could probably throw Korn in the mix as well. I get that PKP can't have everyone but there's bands that you would expect/hope to see there that won't be, possibly for this reason?

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

Pukkelpop usually starts announcing the first names at what time of year?

I believe there will be IDLES!!! 😉

When the wishlist thing is over. I think around mid-February this year.

23 hours ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

Pukkelpop usually starts announcing the first names at what time of year?

I believe there will be IDLES!!! 😉

They're usually one of the last big festival to announce...

Last year they announced the first name, Billie Eilish, on February 1st; Angele and Anne Marie on February 2nd; The Killers and Florence + The Machine on February 3rd; then a bunch of names once a week starting from February 8th to mid March; then some random announcements followed during spring.

I wouldn't say this as a rule, as they change their strategy a bit every year, but I expect some names in February.

Block fest first names. 21 Savage and Skepta are at other Belgian festivals so ruled out.

Just Lowlands, Green Man, Summer Sonic, Electric Picnic and of course Pukkelpop to go for 1st names now I think. 

FB_IMG_1706087445473.jpg

Edited by DDave
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, johnybegood said:

Insider "jimmywe" from Festileaks says that one of the Pukkelpop booked headliners or subheadliners has cancelled his contract with the festival.

Queens of the stone age now heavily rumoured for Electric picnic.

Could be them. I anticipated they would play lowlands and pukkelpop with no show in Ireland as it's all over the same weekend this year.

EP is normally first weekend September. We are also rumoured to be getting Lana.

Edited by Rico_Pliskin
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, johnybegood said:

Missing QOTSA and Korn won't make happy to the guitar fans...

It would be a huge loss for the festival if QOTSA break the agreement.

For routing issues: The Offspring into punkdag to Lokerse and Rise Against into Pukkelpop Main Stage.

6 minutes ago, johnybegood said:

Missing QOTSA and Korn won't make happy to the guitar fans...

It would be a huge loss for the festival if QOTSA break the agreement.

You mention in your post 'his contract' does that mean the guy from festileaks think it's a singular artist. i.e. not a band?

7 minutes ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

You mention in your post 'his contract' does that mean the guy from festileaks think it's a singular artist. i.e. not a band?

Not the exact comment was a reaction to this proposal below saying "there is an unexpected dropout"

Main stage:
Dag 1: Fontaines DC - The Offspring - QOTSA - CDW
Dag 2: Louis Tomlinson - Sam Smith - F&TM
Dag 3: IDLES - Stormzy - Fred Again..

Headliners marquee: The Smile, Soulwax
Headliners dance hall: Peggy Gou

So I guess this could also be other names and not just headliners, but probably was talking about heads though. Fred Again dropping it to go play at Dour would make me very happy, but not expecting that!

Edited by polnico

Placebo is playing saturday August 17th in Germany, 2 hours by car from Hasselt and they have the Sunday available. If Pukkelpop is still booking 90's bands as Limp Bizkit, Offspring or QOTSA, do you think that Placebo is a possibility?

Edited by johnybegood