Mad Cool 2024

MK1

I always keep on eye on Mad Cool as IFEMA was a fantastic venue and they usually stack the line ups quite well; but they also usually love to just reveal everything like over excited children. This makes me think there’s just a tiny bit of doubt in my mind that they’re still trying to sort out a venue or source somewhere viable for the festival. Think some of the touted headliners (namely Smashing Pumpkins) could be at Bilbao BBK, but with names like Foos, PJ, Dua Lipa, The National, (tbf) Smashing Pumpkins, Greta Van Fleet, LCD Soundsystem, Bring Me The Horizon, Maneskin, Avril Lavigne, Sum 41 all potentials if they’re sticking with 4 names on the top line each day it could end up being another great line up. 

*IF, they’ve sorted the venue out

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, 49Lawson said:

If Smashing Pumpkins are here or Bilbao BBK, has to be 12th July now has they're headlining elsewhere in Spain on 13th July now. Think it probably rules them out more than anything

Offspring played Mad Cool on thursday and Cruilla on Friday last year. Madrid and Barcelona are really well conected.

Another option is:

10th Mad Cool

11th Nos Alive

13th Cruilla

Edited by johnybegood

On 11/14/2023 at 7:37 PM, Big Kahuna said:

LCD SOUNDSYSTEM is confirmed  at France the week before MC; it would be a great addition, a long awaited act at MC.

WEEZER usually goes along with SP; il would be another nice addition, also never at MC, I guess.

Rumours about PJ at MC2024 start to be louder. Same Day that SP.

Hope something gets real in 2/3 weeks, especially LCD & Weezer

to 

Can you tell me where LCD are confirmed for in France? I had a look and can't find anything on it.

1 hour ago, Sarahw2 said:

Can you tell me where LCD are confirmed for in France? I had a look and can't find anything on it.

Beauregard

Howewer, if Primavera announces 21/11, I guess MC will announce first week of December, matching PJ tease of their Europe tour, I think if MC reunites FF, PJ & DL, it will be no money for a 4th act at that level...in fact I do not see Billie as fourth headliner.

20 hours ago, Big Kahuna said:

I think if MC reunites FF, PJ & DL, it will be no money for a 4th act at that level...in fact I do not see Billie as fourth headliner.

I think Mad Cool might surprise you as they’re backed by Live Nation I think, and they have deceptively deep pockets  looking at past line ups. Wouldn’t surprise me if you’re right and the 4th day has a top line of maybe The National/The Smashing Pumpkins/Bring Me The Horizon (or something like that?and just has those nearly top level bands all on one day

Not shocking News!! Jajaja

But I already have my doubt with Billie, not my cup of tea but a great scoop for any Festival. Very expensive otherwise.

If you put Smashing Pumpkins, LCD Soundsystem and Weezer  plus another pop singer like Sheeran or Lavigne) at second level, we,re starting to talk…

Front my point of view, undercard is the Key to Happiness in this Festival, and in this venue !!! Unless the y manage to distribute Spaces and Masses.

1 hour ago, corndog said:

credible leaker shot 50% on Primavera lineup. Time to reel it in a little on FF, PJ, Dua and Billie until it's confirmed. 

I hope they are right but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

I think Dua and PJ are pretty much nailed on. FF's are definitely touring but no one knows if they've got more dates to announce. AFAIK Billie has nothing announced for summer 2024 and did festivals last year. 

17 minutes ago, Drums Please Fab said:

Are they staying in the same venue?

There was a reggaeton festival cancelled in Villaverde a few days after Madcool and Harry Styles due to concerns regarding the safety of the venue etc.

Madcool last year had a great lineup but just wasn't enjoyable in that location.

Was that organised by the same people who did the Reggaeton festival in 2022 which was also cancelled at the last minute?

32 minutes ago, MK1 said:

They better announce something....... Why are they waiting....

I can only see 2 reasons:
- The festival is in trouble for whatever reasons (booking issues, place for the festival, etc).
- They are waiting the go from one headliner to announce their whole line-up in one shot (or almost, like 2023).

If they succeed to have an act like Pearl Jam or Billie Eilish, it could explain the awaiting. 

On 10/20/2023 at 11:22 AM, matrainertje said:

They can join the Arctic Monkeys, The Strokes, Pearl Jam club who got annoyed by Mad Cool's teasing. 

But: The National? If they aren't playing Primavera then I see them playing this one. Their headline set in 2019 will be 5 years ago. 

To the people talking about greenday in 2017 and other bands being annoyed about teasing. You realise that isn't why Green Day will never play it again? The teasing too early must annoy some bands but isn't that big a deal. What happened with greendaybis there was some kind of like mini show or something beforehandin between artists and my understanding was that there was someone doing a stunt as part of the show high up. Anyway it didn't go as planned, they fell and for want of a better phrase "went splat" and died. They had stuff cleared up and ambulance staff removed the body etc. They didn't tell Green Day who came on aa the next act to try and play and people were furious. I mean I get why but personally when I've paid all that money, if I'd seen what had happened and was effected I'd leave of my own accord but for everyone else that's paid all that money, ai have more respect for them coming out and playing. Nothing you can do about what's happened. Might aswell have the band play and dedicate it to the deceased's memory or something? 

4 hours ago, Archi said:

I can only see 2 reasons:
- The festival is in trouble for whatever reasons (booking issues, place for the festival, etc).
- They are waiting the go from one headliner to announce their whole line-up in one shot (or almost, like 2023).

If they succeed to have an act like Pearl Jam or Billie Eilish, it could explain the awaiting. 

They announced last year on the 4th December, so doubt there's much to worry about. Could well be your second option, or could just be that they found last year's announcement worked.

Given that the year before was the 2020 edition carried over, you have to go back to 2019 for the previous "first announcement), so it's not like there's a recent history that they've suddenly changed.