Mad Cool 2024

MK1

2 hours ago, Lionator said:

I assume it's at the same 'catastrophe waiting to happen' venue?

Sadly, the only hope would be their last venue was a sh*t show first time round and they turned that into a decent one so hopefully with the extra year planning and this years disaster they can learn from their mistakes. 

20 hours ago, KJP98 said:

Sadly, the only hope would be their last venue was a sh*t show first time round and they turned that into a decent one so hopefully with the extra year planning and this years disaster they can learn from their mistakes. 

I went to the first Mad Cool at Valdebebas and didn't find it that bad, though it helped I wasn't there on the outright first night, which by accounts was a bit of a mess. It needed a much better exit strategy than walking to the IFEMA for the metro and then a bus with no destination on the front that we were hoping was going vaguely near Atocha (or at least in my case) but the actual site was rather good.

The new site did seem to be being left quite late to be adequately ready to be hosting it for the first time. If they're staying there you'd like to think it is in a place to be better.

20 hours ago, johnybegood said:

Green Day will never play again Mad Cool.

They can join the Arctic Monkeys, The Strokes, Pearl Jam club who got annoyed by Mad Cool's teasing. 

But: The National? If they aren't playing Primavera then I see them playing this one. Their headline set in 2019 will be 5 years ago. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/20/2023 at 11:22 AM, matrainertje said:

They can join the Arctic Monkeys, The Strokes, Pearl Jam club who got annoyed by Mad Cool's teasing. 

But: The National? If they aren't playing Primavera then I see them playing this one. Their headline set in 2019 will be 5 years ago. 

whats that story about? PJ played mad cool in 2018

if they are not playing mad cool it makes sense because i heard about 2 shows in barcelona next year

Edited by just_one

6 minutes ago, just_one said:

whats that story about? PJ played mad cool in 2018

I'm not sure what the exact PJ story is, but if it's anything like the other bands on the list Mad Cool has a tendency to get over excited and tease bands well before they're allowed to in terms of what was contractually agreed*

Surprised we haven't actually got any rumours for this yet based on the fact they often struggle to shut up haha. Looking at rumours of who is around next year I think they could pull together quite a strong and varied line up. 

*To be fair to them, with The Strokes it wasn't entirely their fault, Haim posted a draft poster with them on well in advance of when they were supposed to.

The new venue in Vilaverde was an unmitigated disaster this year. I couldn't recommend it to anyone. Dreadful experience.

IFEMA was one of the best venues I was ever in, for Madcool 2019 and 2022.

Read the mad cool reddit or the comments on YouTube under their wrap up video to get a feel for what the punters thought of it. It wasn't positive.....

20 hours ago, Drums Please Fab said:

The new venue in Vilaverde was an unmitigated disaster this year. I couldn't recommend it to anyone. Dreadful experience.

IFEMA was one of the best venues I was ever in, for Madcool 2019 and 2022.

Read the mad cool reddit or the comments on YouTube under their wrap up video to get a feel for what the punters thought of it. It wasn't positive.....

Yet IFEMA was completely slated in 2018 for being a shite venue. I went in 2018 and although my experience was not as bad as others, the first night was a disaster.

I went again in 2022 and it was superb. 

On 11/10/2023 at 10:09 AM, jonnytee1 said:

Yet IFEMA was completely slated in 2018 for being a shite venue. I went in 2018 and although my experience was not as bad as others, the first night was a disaster.

I went again in 2022 and it was superb. 

I went to night 2 in 2018 at IFEMA and thought it was alright, but am aware that there was a lot of stories about night 1 being very disorganised.

Wanted to go in 2022 but was still hesitant about international travel at that point. But I was aware of the 2023 edition having negative reviews. Maybe this time will have some of the quirks worked out.

11 hours ago, charlierc said:

Dua Lipa has been confirmed for NOS Alive for 12th July. I know not every act who plays one of MC/NOS plays the other, but strong possibility that this will be a shared headliner?

Mad Cool announces some shared headliners with Nos Alive very late so they might announce her later. In 2018, Dua Lipa was great on the main stage between NIN and Underworld. Unless she is booked for Bilbao BBK or Wizlink Center, I think she will definetly headline Mad Cool.

Following NOS logic, there is a possible  headline as:

FOO FIGHTERS (strong tidbit)

DUA LIPA (nos confirmed)

SMASHING PUMPKINS (nos confirmed)

PEARL JAM (low tidbit)

Question is what is going to happen with past editions no-shows like BILLIE EILISH, FAITH NO MORE, CAGE THE ELEPHANT  or RATM (sunset)?

And the great 2 questions in this festival:

- The logistic fails of last year,s third day will be solved? ( more space/less people, baths in other points, better communication between stages, etc etc) at second attempt in Villaverde

- Wiil be the undercard AS good AS usual (last year I remember DEUS, SIGUR ROS, PRIMAL SCREAM, OFFSPRING, FRANZ FERDINAND, SPOON, PUSCIFER, CITY AND COLOUR,  THE 1975, MAXIMO PARK...)

I ever thought the main asset of this festival,s lineup was the undercard, that is amix of accesibility and quality, avoiding the dangerous masses of prime acts (RHCP last year was disgusting)

Awaiting...

Edited by Big Kahuna

LCD SOUNDSYSTEM is confirmed  at France the week before MC; it would be a great addition, a long awaited act at MC.

WEEZER usually goes along with SP; il would be another nice addition, also never at MC, I guess.

Rumours about PJ at MC2024 start to be louder. Same Day that SP.

Hope something gets real in 2/3 weeks, especially LCD & Weezer

to