Mad Cool 2024

MK1

On 11/10/2023 at 11:09 AM, jonnytee1 said:

Yet IFEMA was completely slated in 2018 for being a shite venue. I went in 2018 and although my experience was not as bad as others, the first night was a disaster.

I went again in 2022 and it was superb. 

Yea. I was looking here for any experiences in 2023 cause of the new venue. So it was bad again? Cause in 2022 it was perfect to me. 

11 hours ago, bluenova said:

They announced last year on the 4th December, so doubt there's much to worry about. Could well be your second option, or could just be that they found last year's announcement worked.

Given that the year before was the 2020 edition carried over, you have to go back to 2019 for the previous "first announcement), so it's not like there's a recent history that they've suddenly changed.

4 December but with weeks of anticipation lead up before. It‘s completely quiet atm, so I‘d be surprised if we hear something next week. So it definitely is strange and late.

11 minutes ago, Karlos12345 said:

4 December but with weeks of anticipation lead up before. It‘s completely quiet atm, so I‘d be surprised if we hear something next week. So it definitely is strange and late.

They've been posting on Facebook - last video was 2 days ago.

But not much build up hinting at an announcement.

1 hour ago, Karlos12345 said:

I noticed a comment from a couple of days ago in a Facebook group.

Suggested that Getafe council didn't want them at the 2023 site, and that Mad Cool had turned down Madrid council's offer of a return to the old site.

Anyone heard anything about this?

13 minutes ago, bluenova said:

I noticed a comment from a couple of days ago in a Facebook group.

Suggested that Getafe council didn't want them at the 2023 site, and that Mad Cool had turned down Madrid council's offer of a return to the old site.

Anyone heard anything about this?

If by old site they mean Ifema then surely that can't be true? Logisitical problems aside on the Thursday of 2018 it's one of the best festival sites I've ever been too. 

The 'Region of Madrid' stage when the sun was setting with the palm trees behind it with a good band on in 2022. Nothing else like it. If 2023 had been there instead of moving I'd have bought tickets before the line up was out.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 49Lawson said:

If by old site they mean Ifema then surely that can't be true? Logisitical problems aside on the Thursday of 2018 it's one of the best festival sites I've ever been too. 

The 'Region of Madrid' stage when the sun was setting with the palm trees behind it with a good band on in 2022. Nothing else like it. If 2023 had been there instead of moving I'd have bought tickets before the line up was out.

It wasn't totally clear, but that's what I thought - however there were a few earlier posts, and it may be that the "refused" isn't because they're looking for somewhere else, it's because they want to stay at the 2023 site.

I don't think the 2023 site is actually in Getafe, but it does border it, and someone suggested that due to last year's problems and noise complaints, they would try to block this year.

There was also a suggestion that the owners of the site have a stake in Mad Cool, so this was intended to be their long term home, and to be used for other events. If that's the case, then moving back to the 2022 site would be giving up a lot more, as they're invested heavily in the new site's success.

4 hours ago, Karlos12345 said:

Theyve been trying to build a TikTok presence for whatever reason. They posted this last week so maybe soon? idk 

4 minutes ago, corndog said:

Theyve been trying to build a TikTok presence for whatever reason. They posted this last week so maybe soon? idk 

They really do have the most annoying social media of any festival. Given that they also have one of the worst reputations for organisation, it really is a piss take. They never seem to read the room.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, 49Lawson said:

Completely agree. One of my best ever festival experiences.

This year in Villaverde (Getafe) was f**king horrific.

5 hours ago, bluenova said:

It wasn't totally clear, but that's what I thought - however there were a few earlier posts, and it may be that the "refused" isn't because they're looking for somewhere else, it's because they want to stay at the 2023 site.

I don't think the 2023 site is actually in Getafe, but it does border it, and someone suggested that due to last year's problems and noise complaints, they would try to block this year.

There was also a suggestion that the owners of the site have a stake in Mad Cool, so this was intended to be their long term home, and to be used for other events. If that's the case, then moving back to the 2022 site would be giving up a lot more, as they're invested heavily in the new site's success.

yeah they want to turn it into the longterm home. but its a barren wasteland with overhead power lines running through it. its also in a sketchy part of town. its a shithole really....

I couldn't get a taxi any of the nights after leaving and two of the days was almost impossible to take a piss. one bank of toilets for 60k people.

On 11/28/2023 at 8:42 PM, extermin8or_ said:

To the people talking about greenday in 2017 and other bands being annoyed about teasing. You realise that isn't why Green Day will never play it again? The teasing too early must annoy some bands but isn't that big a deal. What happened with greendaybis there was some kind of like mini show or something beforehandin between artists and my understanding was that there was someone doing a stunt as part of the show high up. Anyway it didn't go as planned, they fell and for want of a better phrase "went splat" and died. They had stuff cleared up and ambulance staff removed the body etc. They didn't tell Green Day who came on aa the next act to try and play and people were furious. I mean I get why but personally when I've paid all that money, if I'd seen what had happened and was effected I'd leave of my own accord but for everyone else that's paid all that money, ai have more respect for them coming out and playing. Nothing you can do about what's happened. Might aswell have the band play and dedicate it to the deceased's memory or something? 

I mean, it's moot anyway as Green Day have a Madrid show already announced for 2024 at a separate festival, but this is what I meant. They were very annoyed with the festival organisers over what happened.

Billie Joe himself put a statement online a day or two later said they didn't know until after the gig and that had they known about the acrobat accident when it happened, they wouldn't have played: Green Day Issues Statement About Mad Cool Festival Death | Billboard – Billboard

On 11/29/2023 at 11:54 AM, Karlos12345 said:

👆 Didn‘t see it coming either, but was feeling something was not going to plan…