Mad Cool 2024

MK1

1 minute ago, 49Lawson said:

IMG_0672.jpeg

I wouldn't be upset if I had a ticket with that announcement, The Killers a bit of a coup really even though they only played 2 years ago, they aren't doing any other festivals as far as I'm aware.

Think it probably looks a lot worse than previous years because the undercard is weaker and not very cohesive. Motxila 21 and Rema(??) (and also Sum 41 to be fair, but I understand that they're taking massive slots because its their farewell) on the top line has not helped them, makes it look weaker than it is. But if I was there I definitely could have a great weekend that is value for money.

3 minutes ago, Bazac450 said:

can someone explain?

Alvaro Covoes is the owner of Everything is New,  the organizers of Nos Alive,  and   they never organize a The Killers show in Portugal,  and  yet Alive prefer to bring Arcade Fire  (with no new album since last time they came here)  instead of The Killers

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tigane said:

Alvaro Covoes is the owner of Everything is New,  the organizers of Nos Alive,  and   they never organize a The Killers show in Portugal,  and  yet Alive prefer to bring Arcade Fire  (with no new album since last time they came here)  instead of The Killers

Makes little sense.

The Killers have 6 straight nights in the O2 arena until 11/07, so they had only available the 12nd (Dua Lipa) or the 13th (Pearl Jam).

NOS needed someone for 11/07 so they ended up inking Arcade Fire. Mad Cool couldn't because a) BBK already had them, so unlikely they would share b) Arcade Fire had no avaliable dates for MC (they play 11 NOS, 12 Sevilla, 13 Bilbao). So they went with The Killers and I don't think it was their main option since they already played in 2022, probably a sub for FF or someone else they may have lost.

Edited by Joshua Homme

12 minutes ago, Joshua Homme said:

Makes little sense.

The Killers have 6 straight nights in the O2 arena until 11/07, so they had only available the 12nd (Dua Lipa) or the 13th (Pearl Jam).

NOS needed someone for 11/07 so they ended up inking Arcade Fire. Mad Cool couldn't because a) BBK already had them, so unlikely they would share b) Arcade Fire had no avaliable dates for MC (they play 11 NOS, 12 Sevilla, 13 Bilbao). So they went with The Killers and I don't think it was their main option since they already played in 2022, probably a sub for FF or someone else they may have lost.

I am just saying that whenever The Killers are on an european tour, despite EiN being the biggest portuguese promoteur,   they never bring them here .  The Killers made several Mad cool appearences and none in Nos Alive.   I am not talking exclusively  to this year .

only SBSR or RIR Lisbon  have brough them here 

Edited by Tigane

13 minutes ago, Drums Please Fab said:

If I had a 4 day ticket I’d stay in bed on the Friday…waste of time 

You only care about headliners or something? Because you have great live acts as: Jessie Ware, The Breeders, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Alvvays, Sleaford Mods + dj sets by Jayda G and DJ Koze.

3 minutes ago, Martin_89 said:

You only care about headliners or something? Because you have great live acts as: Jessie Ware, The Breeders, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Alvvays, Sleaford Mods + dj sets by Jayda G and DJ Koze.

And a nice substitute for Audioslave/RATM in Tom Morello 

4 minutes ago, Martin_89 said:

Seen alvvays and Jessie Ware recently.  Fair point on UMO, but I know my personality. I wouldn’t traipse out to vilaverde for that lineup on that day. Reckon I’d be gallivanting around the city instead.

2 hours ago, scatteredscreens said:

Somehow this festival keeps getting shitter as the years go on. 2018 was unreal.

I went in 2018 but honestly thought 2022's line-up was awesome and deeply regret not going.

This year's doesn't wow me in quite the same way, sure.

3 minutes ago, charlierc said:

I went in 2018 but honestly thought 2022's line-up was awesome and deeply regret not going.

This year's doesn't wow me in quite the same way, sure.

2018 was great - I came away thinking there were almost too many good acts 🤣

But 2022 was probably up there with Primavera 2013 as my favourite festival ever music-wise.

Looking at this year, there are only a handful of bands that I would even be slightly bothered about. Curious as it's still a huge line up of bands across a lot of styles.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tigane said:

I am just saying that whenever The Killers are on an european tour, despite EiN being the biggest portuguese promoteur,   they never bring them here .  The Killers made several Mad cool appearences and none in Nos Alive.   I am not talking exclusively  to this year .

only SBSR or RIR Lisbon  have brough them here 

EXACTLY this!

glad im not the only one picking up on this detail. its just not this year , it is EVERYSINGLE year!!

if i get tickets from Pearl Jam in london , im doing glasgow a couple of days before to see green day and killers , f**k him!!

Edited by just_one

I know it is a small issue but The Kooks are especially annoying to me. They must be UK's most-toured band in Spain in the last 20 years. Every €20 small music festival in Spain has them every year.

That combined with Maneskin as headliners being just a glorified cover band, and many other acts that are alright but have been touring for the last two decades... It is just disappointing coming from previous years.

I have got the full 4 days ticket and now thinking of skipping that Friday. Some good undercards there but not sure worth the effort.

Edited by yosoyyoberdi
  • Like 1