Mad Cool 2024

MK1

Not as good as expected. Maybe not in the mood but I got zero hype for this line-up... I'm surprised Maneskin isn't there due to the earlier leak and they are announced on many festivals already. Wondering who are these 3 "headliners" missing. Foo Fighters + Maneskin + Royal Blood? Seems way too rock on one shot. Well, at least, I know I won't be at Mad Cool for the first time next summer.

Edit: I read to fast this non-exciting line-up and forgot the headliner on Sunday is missing. I guess Maneskin will headline one of these 2 days.

Edited by Archi
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, corndog said:

Everyone seems to hate on the lineup online but i must be a member of the niche group that loves Pearl Jam and Dua Lipa lol. 

with 3 remaining headliners left to announce it can only get better for me so im content rn 

I really want to see Pearl Jam.....but that new venue in VIlaverde is just the pits. Its absolutely awful.  Might literally just duck in to see Pearl Jam and then get the f**k out of there.

1 hour ago, yaniv297 said:

So what's so bad about the venue? As someone who's at least partially considering going...

I think they'll probably fix some of the worst problems with the venue, as they were rushing to get the new space completed in time for last year's Mad Cool. But some of the problems included the horrific bathroom situation--only one huge block of toilets in the very center of the venue, with a single entrance and exit that kept getting bottlenecked. And some of the bars were terribly understaffed, resulting in long waits. And there were exposed electric pylons, surrounded by flimsy fences, that seemed like an accident waiting to happen.

On the first day, there was a long long wait in the hot sun in order to get our wristbands, since they didn't open the gates until just a few minutes before the first acts started playing. Getting back from the festival was also an experience, as there was a crowd crush situation at the Metro, only barely controlled by the police at the doors. But most of this is stuff that is fixable, so people going to Mad Cool 2024 should have an easier time of it. I just won't be one of them, because there's almost nothing in this lineup that appeals to me.