2024 Ticket Buying Tips

parsonjack

3 minutes ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

Yeah seen that. Bigtime helps the large groups. 1 in, all in. Maybe they could at least limit 1 transaction per ip to even the odds? 

I was luckly and got our groups tickets, and the first thing i tried was to click the back button to try for other groups - the back button did nothing. I was met with the holding page again

is the "secret link" the one ending in 350000? because I had that going in about 50% of my tabs, along with just the normal link - no difference

1 minute ago, bob323 said:

is the "secret link" the one ending in 350000? because I had that going in about 50% of my tabs, along with just the normal link - no difference

Thats what I found too. the "secret" links made no difference this year. You could even get the number wrong at he end and it made no difference

26 minutes ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

WOW. This coupled with what i've just received on WhatsApp regarding changing settings on your Mac to get through to the page is making this sale extremely sketchy. P.S the guy im referencing got through 7 times using the method. 

Never stood a chance

40 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Friend of a friend seemed to get a huge number using a bot his son made.

There are many bots around at the moment, as all the sneaker kids have gotten into ticket reselling.  But from what i can see they haven't made a notable dent in ticket purchases because Glasto tickets can't be resold and people don't trust botters enough to pay for 'ticket pulling' (One i saw was charging £50 per ticket, another £1,000!)

9 minutes ago, LSTx said:

WOW. This coupled with what i've just received on WhatsApp regarding changing settings on your Mac to get through to the page is making this sale extremely sketchy. P.S the guy im referencing got through 7 times using the method. 

Never stood a chance

Yep, seeing a lot on Reddit who said they could point their address straight to the Seetickets buying page (not sure how true this is, it's beyond my tech illiterate skills) but definitely seems dodgy this year.

Nothing new unfortunately, and the festival don't care how/who is buying tickets as long as it sells out, so it won't change.

Tried and failed this morning. I’m not too bothered.. I’ve failed in the first sale for as long as I remember.

but I was trying for myself and it was only me. The current system is weighted in favour of groups and buying blocks. It would be nice if this was shifted a bit 

I’m suspicious so far because no one is providing proof via any explanation of this “back door” so I’ll presume it’s nonsense until someone posts details.

I figured out the coach link before hand this year, it changed the morning of the coach sale, FYI… and it got me nothing - 0/3 of my groups got coach.

Same for direct link to general sale as others have mentioned See fixed it this year it got me nowhere.

However, I got in on my non-VPN, manual refresh device mid-sale and was then able to get in again using my back button - not immediately - i was taken back to a holding page but I got in again a few minutes later and so got 2 groups. I did not get a 3rd group, I think because instead of using “back” i closed browser and reopened (i was quite flustered.)

It’s pretty clear there was a preference somehow that allowed people that got in to get in multiple times that i seemed to be a beneficiary of. But until i see proof of a “back door” i don’t assume it’s true. (And a lot of the Reddit posts clawing “back doors” seem like people trolling).

25 minutes ago, LSTx said:

Never stood a chance

Any details on the setting to change on your mac? 

5 minutes ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

This is supposedly the method. How legitimate it is, or how they get IP addresses I don't know. Lots of people claiming to have been sent it on WhatsApp and being able to buy as many tickets as they want

Screenshot_20231119_142309_Reddit.jpg

Pretty sure this trick has been going around for years - I remember it being discussed in maybe 2015, 2016 on here and lots of people got in that way. I seem to remember this method then didn't work for a number of years. It looks like that's changed.

7 minutes ago, CurlyPutz said:

Any details on the setting to change on your mac? 

This is what the message reads...

MAC OS: 

- Open the terminal app

-Type sudo nano/etc/hosts then hit return.

-You'll be asked for your password. Enter your admin password.

- Add this line at the bottom of the file:

glastonbury.seetickets.com 

- Press ctrl-O, the letter not number, and then enter to save the file.

- Press CTRL-X to exit nano.

- Restart your browser and go to glastonbury.seetickets.com 

- Notes to copy and paste

sudo nano/etc/hosts

The numbers below will be changed to what is advised later.

To me its mainly jibberish, but he got through 7 times using this.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, ProperTea said:

Pretty sure this trick has been going around for years - I remember it being discussed in maybe 2015, 2016 on here and lots of people got in that way. I seem to remember this method then didn't work for a number of years. It looks like that's changed.

I think the one a few years ago was slightly different. If I recall correctly there were two severs (IPs?) and all traffic was being directed to one of them. Someone figured out if you hit the second one you got straight in because it was under-utilised. I think they fixed it about 2/3s the way through that sale.

Todays seems different. It’s as if there is something throttling getting onto a booking server. But if you can direct straight to it you get straight in.

Someone with better tech knowledge can probably explain both a lot better.

3 minutes ago, LSTx said:

This is what the message reads...

MAC OS: 

- Open the terminal app

-Type sudo nano/etc/hosts then hit return.

-You'll be asked for your password. Enter your admin password.

- Add this line at the bottom of the file:

glastonbury.seetickets.com 

- Press ctrl-O, the letter not number, and then enter to save the file.

- Press CTRL-X to exit nano.

- Restart your browser and go to glastonbury.seetickets.com 

- Notes to copy and paste

sudo nano/etc/hosts

The numbers below will be changed to what is advised later.

To me its mainly jibberish, but he got through 7 times using this.

Same/simular hosts file entry that worked many years back that proper tea mentioned. Thanks for the details. 

Edited by CurlyPutz