parsonjack

On 10/1/2023 at 8:55 AM, nikkic said:

Be organised.

Don’t get steaming the night before.

Remove all distractions. 

Focus.

F5 like your life depends on it. 

Never give up. 

think a few people on here (myself included) are doing chems saturday night!

Hopefully will be sorted on coach to be honest

Edited by gfa

2 hours ago, gfa said:

think a few people on here (myself included) are doing chems saturday night!

Hopefully will be sorted on coach to be honest

Potentially at Chems too.

(Sold our seated tickets and looking for standing)

If we go, I’ll have a 2 beer limit!

4 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

Out of curiosity... is this so you don't have to navigate the booking process on your mobiles if you get through to payment page? If not, why not just have both phones sat there on 4/5G? 

I have work laptop on WiFi, two mobiles both on 4G. I use that Chrome fill settings too, so it auto-fills boxes with the postcodes and Reg's.

It´s easier to push F5 and the screen is bigger if you connect the wifi on your laptop to the 4 or 5 g on your phone.  

17 hours ago, Rodders2023 said:

Does the refreshinator app work?

Not for the Glasto sale no.  Although the app has capability to refresh quickly it's not of any benefit as any refresh faster than 1/second will be detected by Seetickets and then triggers the familiar "busy" page... which remains with you until your refresh rate falls to below 60/minute.

As such it's pretty simple to F5 manually and stay within the limit.  If you want to save your F5 finger getting cramp then there are plenty of free apps and add-ons that will refresh for you, and don't worry about getting a booking page and struggling to stop a further auto refresh firing and losing that precious page for you....session 'persistence' in See's booking system means that if you get a session ie a booking page, then it's yours for 5 minutes, and a further F5 will simply display the booking page again.  Just make sure you stop any auto-refresh before you put any registration details in and you'll be grand 👌

On 10/2/2023 at 1:32 PM, jobo_ said:

We know that See Tickets have a throttle for 60 refreshes a minuite per IP address so if you´ve got potentially hundreds all hammering F5 every second that limit is going to be used up imedietly. 

Do we know this? With the prevalence of CGNAT meaning many households are now sharing the same IPv4 address lots of people would be hitting this. I've worked on similar sites (spikey traffic with lots of people wanting something limited) and we've not used IP address as the sole factor for well over a decade for that reason. There's all sorts of clever heuristics that go in to rate limiting and I'd very surprised if something as high-profile as SeeTickets were just using IP address, or even using IP address as a strong signal. It would block basically everyone in uni halls for example because they tend to only have a small number of external IP addresses.

22 hours ago, essjay2009 said:

Do we know this? With the prevalence of CGNAT meaning many households are now sharing the same IPv4 address lots of people would be hitting this. I've worked on similar sites (spikey traffic with lots of people wanting something limited) and we've not used IP address as the sole factor for well over a decade for that reason. There's all sorts of clever heuristics that go in to rate limiting and I'd very surprised if something as high-profile as SeeTickets were just using IP address, or even using IP address as a strong signal. It would block basically everyone in uni halls for example because they tend to only have a small number of external IP addresses.

However it's done there is certainly some system in place to detect repeated attempts and to automatically throw the 'queue' page.  If you try banging away on F5 even now you'll trigger it if you exceed c.60 hits/minute.

I suspect, as you do, that See will be aware that simply limiting on a single IP will severely limit the chances of those sharing a NAT IP so there is hopefully something else in play to mitigate this.  One thought is that the load-balancing will act as a buffer to this in that hits from the same IP will be distributed to mid-tiers in turn, so reducing the likelihood of a NAT IP breaching the limit on any single web-head.  A theory yes, and my web commerce knowledge is a little rusty now, but potentially a way round the issue for See and customers.

12 minutes ago, pops1998 said:

Does the no more than 1 refresh per second rule apply to all devices with the same IP address, even if they’re not connected to the same network? E.g one device being on WiFi,  and one on mobile data?

If you had one device on wifi and another on 4G/5G then they'd have different IP's.

On 10/1/2023 at 7:52 PM, Ayrshire Chris said:

All these tips and hints are valuable 

but

bring back the days when all you did was sent a cheque or postal order enclosing a stamped addressed envelope to: 

M Eavis, Worthy Farm, Pilton. 😊😉

I was with one of my friends when he went into HMV in Oxford to buy a ticket in 1999.

Went up to the counter 'one glastonbury ticket please' the bloke behind the counter printed one off and said 'That's £80 please' he handed over the cash and we walked off, must have been in there less than 5 mins.

Oh how times have changed!

• Upvote 1

Just now, gooner1990 said:

I was with one of my friends when he went into HMV in Oxford to buy a ticket in 1999.

Only ticket I've ever bought for Glastonbury was in HMV Wolverhampton in 1985.

My memory says it was £25

Google says it was £16 a ticket

3 hours ago, agwah said:

With the refresh limit (60 per minute) - how does it work for 2+ mobiles on the same network (in the same house) - will they have the same IP?

That's very unpredictable. It'll likely vary by network, and by various random (or more accurately, invisible) factors.

13 hours ago, agwah said:

With the refresh limit (60 per minute) - how does it work for 2+ mobiles on the same network (in the same house) - will they have the same IP?

If the mobiles are each using their own native 4/5G connection (and not the wifi of the house) then they will each have a unique IP address ie all different from each other.

54 minutes ago, tsizzle said:

Hi all, 

1st time I'll be trying to get tickets 😄 I have a couple questions:

• Do you recommend using a auto-refresh chrome extension that we limit to 60 refreshes per min?
  • If trying to buy the coach route, do I need to enter the departure station? How does that work?

Not used the chrome extension but many people here do. Won't make a huge difference to doing it manually I don't think but having one less thing to worry about certainly has its benefits

For coach you pick either wed or Thursday before you even get jnto the refresh game

If you then get luck, enter reg details and postcode you're then offered a drop down menu of coach departure locations. It can be quite a long list especially as some (London for example)have departure time on and some don't .

My advice is to click anything you see with a town on you're prepare to go from and worry about details after. Details are a problem only the lucky get to enjoy!

16 hours ago, tsizzle said:

Hi all, 

1st time I'll be trying to get tickets 😄 I have a couple questions:

• Do you recommend using a auto-refresh chrome extension that we limit to 60 refreshes per min?
  • If trying to buy the coach route, do I need to enter the departure station? How does that work?

As said above, if you are only using a single device then there is no great advantage in using an auto-refresh extension as you can easily manually refresh up to the 60/min limit.  

If using more than one device per person trying then an auto-refresh can be useful to ensure you make the most attempts you can eg manual on one, auto on another.  Just make sure that each device is on a separate connection eg 1 device on wifi, 2nd device on 4G to ensure they have different IP addresses and there is no chance of breaching the 60/min limit.

• Like 2

after being informed that my Glasto registration had been deleted, I've since gone on a re-registered only to find out that my original registration is still valid! So I have two separate registrations with different email addresses and the same name, address. Question I have is on ticket sale day can I try with both registrations or will I get an error or rejection?