All Points East 2024

stanh

On 4/11/2024 at 9:06 AM, Charles h said:

Is it wise to have Mitski headlining when she's doing 3 dates at hammersmith's just 3 months before? I'm expecting lots of competitions and NHS tickets this year. 

Were you also one of the people predicting record numbers of people not paying their Glastonbury balance this year?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/3/2024 at 1:37 AM, thatTFBguy said:

Was Phoenix always on the Deathcab day? Getting real FOMO now but in N.Ireland for a re scheduled blink gig that weekend. 

Yes and just realised I got them confused with another band and am now v excited about seeing them!

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, mahoneypepe said:

More names for LCD day announced tomorrow

Announced this morning, and some decent adds:

The Kills

NewDad

Joy (Anonymous)

Joe Goddard

And some smaller acts that I cannot claim to recognise

18 minutes ago, manchestermusicreview said:

Any chance of Foster the People for Death Cab/Postal Service? 

hope not! They wouldn't be a good fit with the rest of the bands

Looking at some of the festivals happening in Europe around the same time, we could feasibly get any of Blondshell, Chalk, English Teacher, Mannequin Pussy, Slift, Blonde Redhead.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, ramblingmad said:

Are there any clues as to how the bands will lineup that you can take from the poster? For the post cab/dcfc are the Decemberists likely to be a headliner on a smaller stage or on the main stage ahead of the headliners?

Been a while since I've been to an APE.

Total guess, but I would imagine Decemberists headline the second stage (West) and Teenage Fanclub, Yo La Tengo and Wednesday also on that stage earlier on + 1 more TBA who would be first one. Phoenix to headline the tent with Gossip before them and 3 more TBA. Sleater Kinney to be 4th on the bill for main stage (East) + someone TBA for 3rd slot. Soft Launch first on the bill for main stage.

1 hour ago, mahoneypepe said:

Total guess, but I would imagine Decemberists headline the second stage (West) and Teenage Fanclub, Yo La Tengo and Wednesday also on that stage earlier on + 1 more TBA who would be first one. Phoenix to headline the tent with Gossip before them and 3 more TBA. Sleater Kinney to be 4th on the bill for main stage (East) + someone TBA for 3rd slot. Soft Launch first on the bill for main stage.

Ah man, hope you're wrong. That would be horrible. But then it's one of the most stacked lineups I've seen for my personal taste so there will be horrible clashes everywhere.

On 5/27/2024 at 10:56 AM, bandsrcool said:

I am hoping it's the same as for other festivals where Death cab play, then phoenix, then Postal. Seems to make most sense there.

A recent festival had DCFC play, immediately followed by Postal Service- as per their normal tour. It's 50 mins for Transatlanticism, 15 min break, then the Postal Service album. I presume they are sharing equipment, etc - hence why the changeover is so rapid. I wouldn't be surprised if All Points East scheduled everything else to end just as DCFC start, so there are no clashes for anyone against the joint headliners.

It's a shame they couldn't get some stronger support on for Mitski. I really like her and keen to see her live but I'm not paying APE prices for basically one act who would usually be a sub at something like this. 

as others have said it is generally poor this year and looking like the first summer that I wont go to any of them.

The Loyle and LCD days look decent, mind.

On 5/28/2024 at 8:06 PM, mahoneypepe said:

A recent festival had DCFC play, immediately followed by Postal Service- as per their normal tour. It's 50 mins for Transatlanticism, 15 min break, then the Postal Service album. I presume they are sharing equipment, etc - hence why the changeover is so rapid. I wouldn't be surprised if All Points East scheduled everything else to end just as DCFC start, so there are no clashes for anyone against the joint headliners.

Would seem very unfair to clash anyone against the headliners. Would feel doubly bad for Phoenix after they got clashed with Elton John at Glasto last year.