Green Man 2024

bexj

55 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

If anyone's interested I've been having a play around with the Clashfinder due to a few day self-confirmations and to make it look more like what might actually be the case. https://clashfinder.com/s/gm2024/

Really hoping Maruja somehow get bumped to the Far Out early slots - Feel like their sound is perfect for the tent - but will be there at the Rising either way.

3 hours ago, SweepingTheNation said:

If anyone's interested I've been having a play around with the Clashfinder due to a few day self-confirmations and to make it look more like what might actually be the case. https://clashfinder.com/s/gm2024/

If that’s how it actually pans out, then I am already miles happier! Especially putting BCNR on what for me was a bit of a flat Sunday. Thanks for the hard work.

I’ve been surprised how few bands have got GM on their tour schedules this year, let alone an actual day. 

On 3/14/2024 at 5:34 PM, jjason said:

Really loving Personal Trainer - thanks for the heads up. You are right, they would (and should) be better know if they were from UK. Assuming you are Dutch, and nothing to do with Green Man, are there any other Dutch bands you can recommend please?

Pip Blom - although sadly not on the line up this year

18 hours ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Ran out of likes, but thanks for this mate.

I must say im really hoping youre slightly off with some of these predictions as there is some nasty clashes on there.

Namely, Beak! and This is the Kit

On 3/14/2024 at 6:34 PM, jjason said:

Really loving Personal Trainer - thanks for the heads up. You are right, they would (and should) be better know if they were from UK. Assuming you are Dutch, and nothing to do with Green Man, are there any other Dutch bands you can recommend please?

Sorry I missed this. An obvious starting point would be Canshaker Pi, Klittens and Pip Blom. They all contain members of Personal Trainer .

My favourite band of the last few years has been Lewsberg who I believe have played either Green Man or EoTR. My guess is that Tramhaus may be the next band to break out overseas.

There are a few labels like Subroutine (recently put out an excellent album from a duo called 'Soon') and Smikkelbaard. Then depending  on your taste for more lofi/experimental sounds, Tiny Room Records and Moving Furniture Records.

Edited by noisenoiseandmorenoise
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Mambonumberfive said:

If that’s how it actually pans out, then I am already miles happier! Especially putting BCNR on what for me was a bit of a flat Sunday. Thanks for the hard work.

I’ve been surprised how few bands have got GM on their tour schedules this year, let alone an actual day. 

I know its all conjecture but would bcnr not be on Mountain given they did FO just 2 years ago?

Lovely shout putting Das Koolies headlining WG on the thurs eve - would love this to be true!

4 hours ago, mario man said:

I know its all conjecture but would bcnr not be on Mountain given they did FO just 2 years ago?

Lovely shout putting Das Koolies headlining WG on the thurs eve - would love this to be true!

The problem judging this is how high they've been billed, fourth among non-headliners but with no talk of a new album yet I can't see any way they'd be regarded as big enough to be Mountain subs. Ezra Collective are guaranteed to be Sampha's sub (self-confirmed for both Sunday and Mountain), presumably Arlo will be a Mountain sub too, while J&MC and EITS feel like natural FO headliners and Osees are confirmed for Saturday but surely can't be playing before Big Thief. That only really leaves a FO sub to one of those first two or maybe the Bicep/ConMan slot, but that doesn't feel right either.

WG on Thursday has been all Welsh for the last couple of years and my thought is Das Koolies will either headline that or do the post-midnight slot on one of the other days.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, SweepingTheNation said:

The problem judging this is how high they've been billed, fourth among non-headliners but with no talk of a new album yet I can't see any way they'd be regarded as big enough to be Mountain subs. Ezra Collective are guaranteed to be Sampha's sub (self-confirmed for both Sunday and Mountain), presumably Arlo will be a Mountain sub too, while J&MC and EITS feel like natural FO headliners and Osees are confirmed for Saturday but surely can't be playing before Big Thief. That only really leaves a FO sub to one of those first two or maybe the Bicep/ConMan slot, but that doesn't feel right either.

WG on Thursday has been all Welsh for the last couple of years and my thought is Das Koolies will either headline that or do the post-midnight slot on one of the other days.

Osees on Mountain before Big Thief would be something! Similar to last year when they put Amyl on before FAK 🤨

15 minutes ago, mario man said:

Osees on Mountain before Big Thief would be something! Similar to last year when they put Amyl on before FAK 🤨

Yeah, that's not happening.

The one curveball in all this is, no names because it might have fallen through for all we know, but there's rumours a British band of Mountain sub size is going to be added in the second announcement whenever that happens, in which case BCNR could play before them, Mount Kimbie do the Saturday post-headline slot and there's either a TBA to sub EITS on Sunday Far Out or as that time before the burning always draws a big up-for-it crowd someone like the Mary Wallopers goes there (and you thought FAK/Amyl was a weird combination)

15 hours ago, SweepingTheNation said:

I'm hoping for another big hitter in the Sub-Mountain Spot with some more depth on the FO / Garden for sure - possibly coming from the Manc Psych Fest line up like: Pigs x7, Whitelands, Divorce and more

I may be misremembering some big hitters but Jesus & the Mary Chain and Explosions in the Sky seem like the biggest Far Out headliners we've had. Either could have been announced as a great Mountain Stage headliner. Explosions' 2011 headline slot was incredible framed by Pen Cerrig-calch. I know the festival and the Mountain Stage are a lot bigger now.

Idles in 2019 seems massive now but it was pre-Ultra Mono. Anyone else? 

40 minutes ago, Sebwax said:

I may be misremembering some big hitters but Jesus & the Mary Chain and Explosions in the Sky seem like the biggest Far Out headliners we've had. Either could have been announced as a great Mountain Stage headliner. Explosions' 2011 headline slot was incredible framed by Pen Cerrig-calch. I know the festival and the Mountain Stage are a lot bigger now.

Slowdive last year are the biggest, surely? Young Fathers are also bigger than EITS, and arguably a bigger draw than JAMC at the current time.

1 hour ago, Sebwax said:

There were people on here in 2022 convinced that the festival had somehow secretly got a licencing extension for the Mountain stage so Bicep would play after the headliner rather than be reduced to the tent.