Green Man 2024

bexj

7 hours ago, Mambonumberfive said:

Any chance The Kills might join the line up ? Just posted 3 August dates

I hope not. Unless Jamie decides to play a few Scarfo tunes instead. WHAT a band they were....

• 2 weeks later...

Are Osees a Far Out headliner? They're great don't get me wrong, but they are playing much smaller venues than last year's headliners and are miles behind the Spotify monthly listens of Slowdive and Young Fathers (although a bit ahead of GOAT).  

22 minutes ago, modefan said:

Are Osees a Far Out headliner? They're great don't get me wrong, but they are playing much smaller venues than last year's headliners and are miles behind the Spotify monthly listens of Slowdive and Young Fathers (although a bit ahead of GOAT).  

Royel Otis have far more Spotify listeners than three of the headliners and are only 50,000 behind the other one. Should they be headlining by that metric?

1 hour ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Royel Otis have far more Spotify listeners than three of the headliners and are only 50,000 behind the other one. Should they be headlining by that metric?

No, and I clearly used more than one metric in my post. Though I perhaps might have clarified they play much smaller venues than previous *Far Out* headliners

Edited by modefan

4 minutes ago, modefan said:

No, and I clearly used more than one metric in my post. Though I perhaps might have clarified they play much smaller venues than previous *Far Out* headliners

I would also be surprised see them headline the Far Out, going off recent line ups. They did headline Far Out before, but that was back in 2017 and not sure if they've grown much in popularity since- no idea though!  

20 hours ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Jesus & Mary Chain have self-confirmed for Friday, which means I'd say, huge surprise permitting, the Mountain headliners and (Thursday aside) subs and Far Out pre-midnight headliners are pretty much set for what's on the clashfinder through confirmations, available days and supposition.

Nice work as always - Pretty much rules out Yard Act you'd think unless they do a sub spot at the far out, which i doubt

Still curious to see who fronts the second announcement 

2 hours ago, sscrybaby said:

I would also be surprised see them headline the Far Out, going off recent line ups. They did headline Far Out before, but that was back in 2017 and not sure if they've grown much in popularity since- no idea though!  

I'd say there's a scarcity value to them, and I can't see them playing anywhere else, but also for scheduling I tend to go on what order the festival lists them in, and on the graphic and line-up page they're tenth, between Ezra Collective and Mount Kimbie who are very likely going to be Mountain subs - though I should add that's not foolproof as eighth are BC,NR who surely aren't going to be Mountain subs or headline a stage they were third from top of two years ago.

While I have the document open I may as well list the self-confirmations (and those that can't play any other day) I know about:

Thursday: Sleaford Mods (possibly Metz and Sheer Mag)
Friday: Jon Hopkins, Jesus & Mary Chain, Hurray For The Riff Raff
Saturday: Big Thief, Osees, Max Cooper, Ibibio Sound Machine, Nabihah Iqbal, Mannequin Pussy, Lonnie Holley
Sunday: Sampha, Explosions In The Sky, Ezra Collective, Pictish Trail, Muireann Bradley, Fabiana Palladino

Edited by SweepingTheNation
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, modefan said:

The answer to your question is yes- the ideal antidote to Big Thief on the mountain stage

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

As an aside, I'd love to know why this band, who seem to be a ceilidh wedding/functions/party band from Leeds, appeared on the line-up page at some recent point, though while their profile page is still there they've been taken off now the above have been added.

Looks like they are playing kids/teen area https://www.greenman.net/line-up/kids-teens/

35 minutes ago, bandsrcool said:

Can anyone educate on who would be good to see from this or is it more of a discover for yourself when you've got a spare moment and something decent might be on?

TC & The Groove Family are one i'll be there for, but for myself it's good for discovery, nice area in the day if it's warm to get some shade - really nice cocktail bar inside and near a few vendors. 

Usually if I'm waiting for food and like the sound i'll catch the rest of the set.

However After Dark there's always some good stuff on in CW!

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Nuthugger said:

how quickly do the tix sell out to this? like a few days or a few hours?

About 3-5 hours but that is cos of a system that only allows a few in at once rather than demand. They always seel out first day and stuff like CV passes go really fast.

It took us 90mins to get a space in the system and we still had all choices then.

7 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

About 3-5 hours but that is cos of a system that only allows a few in at once rather than demand. They always seel out first day and stuff like CV passes go really fast.

It took us 90mins to get a space in the system and we still had all choices then.

i forgot to put the date in my diary this year and ended up looking about a week after they went on sale. no chance. going to be on it nexxt year