The Lottery Winners

BookAngel

41 minutes ago, BookAngel said:

Heads up for everyone who loved them at Glastonbury: they're performing at the interval of the Hundred cricket match between Southern Brave and Manchester Originals tonight on BBC2! (Just switched it on and they were being interviewed 😁).

Seems they are supporting Rick Astley on his winter tour. 

7 minutes ago, Helsbels said:

I only found out about The Lottery Winners from this forum. Saw them at Avalon and off to see them in December at the Apollo in Manchester. They are absolutely brilliant and deserve much much more success 

Also seeing them at the Apollo.  Think it'll be a proper good night/party!

I think they must be one of the hardest working bands this year and deserve every success - they have played loads of festivals this summer and venues large and small in their own right and as support. 
When DeLaSoul pulled out of headlining  Solfest this weekend they stepped in at the last minute and headlined. 
I hope they get the opportunity at Glastonbury to play a bigger stage next year- good fun and some great catchy songs to sing along to. Always come away from one of their gigs smiling 😊 

• Upvote 1

On 8/26/2023 at 10:38 AM, sprocketrocket said:

We caught them on a tiny stage at Kendal calling about 5/6 years ago, I'm really glad to see they're doing so well now. They were thoroughly entertaining. 

Same. In the woods? With the kid in the crowd saying hi to his maths teacher. Who was in the band. 🙂

1 hour ago, Upside down frowner said:

I quite enjoyed them at Solfest but I heard a few people (including my best mate) saying the front man was beyond annoying. Kept bleating on about meeting a Gallagher but guess it tee's them up to play an Oasis tune at the end

What song did they play? Didn't do that when I saw them at Warrington and a couple of times at Glastonbury. Kinda agree he seems to be over enthusiastic about how well received the band has been. They have some good songs, in honesty I think the front man adds quite a lot to the show/gets the crowd going

I do wonder if the Lottery Winners had arrived in the days of Top of the Pops how big they would have got. Seen them loads and they get better all the time. Their last album was the best yet.

If they had that mass exposure they, I reckon, would have been ready to headline GF by now as TOTP really did create musical giants quickly.

14 hours ago, Upside down frowner said:

I quite enjoyed them at Solfest but I heard a few people (including my best mate) saying the front man was beyond annoying. Kept bleating on about meeting a Gallagher but guess it tee's them up to play an Oasis tune at the end

Thom has ADHD and suffers from anxiety- hence the theme of their latest album. He does come over sometimes as a bit over the top but it’s based on self doubt and genuine gratitude for people liking the band. The whole band are happy to meet with fans and have worked incredibly hard- 40 festival appearances over the summer. Well done to them. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2