Sziget Festival 2024

#1SzigetFan

11 minutes ago, Newjem said:

One-off show means coming to Europe for only one show.

It's not a good indicator. Period.

So you either refusing to believe that they are already in Europe or you don’t understand your own definition.

so by that you also believe they cost more than Foo Fighters ans Billie Eilish? I’m guessing your research is more extensive than of sites that literally dedicate their existence for this.

2 hours ago, poelim said:

Tbh if it were Maneskin i’m pretty sure they would’ve announced them already.

Actually Maneskin sometimes prefer to be announced separately or in a batch where they are the biggest band.
Les Déferlantes, Provinssi, Mad Cool, Open'er and Super Bock Super Rock as examples.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Akujin said:

So you either refusing to believe that they are already in Europe or you don’t understand your own definition.

so by that you also believe they cost more than Foo Fighters ans Billie Eilish? I’m guessing your research is more extensive than of sites that literally dedicate their existence for this.

i guess he means one off because its in augost and not june as the others.

9 minutes ago, dude111 said:

i guess he means one off because its in augost and not june as the others.

The others are also in July. And he literally said that he means they would come to Europe for one show… 

And btw I also don’t think they would announce this single show, but since they have nothing till aug 22, they could book a few more gigs for july, which could be the reason for the delay in announcement. 

btw I give this about 5-10% chance, I only argue it is not impossible.

12 hours ago, Akujin said:

Could Pearl Jam be the missing headliner? They end their Europe tour in mid July leaving them with a fair gap before their US tour. 

And no, I don’t think they are too big to book. In fact based on publically available information they seem to be slightly cheaper than something like Foo Fighters and defo cheaper than Billie Eilish.

They are definitively not cheaper than Foo Fighters, not even close. As my friend told me, Pearl Jam could play for less than a million only if Vedder accept that and that was before corona.

Tickets for Pearl Jam shows this summer are from 120-180€

25 minutes ago, SweetJesus said:

They are definitively not cheaper than Foo Fighters, not even close. As my friend told me, Pearl Jam could play for less than a million only if Vedder accept that and that was before corona.

Tickets for Pearl Jam shows this summer are from 120-180€

Yeah, there are conflicting reports, but obviously above one mill, in fact above 1.5, which is similar to FF. 

But even if we take an extreme view they are not significantly more expensive than either FF or Billie.

Only reason I don’t think it’s happening is even tho I 100% believe Sziget could afford them looking at this years low budget lineup, it’s probably not worth it.

1 hour ago, Mondo-kun said:

Actually Maneskin sometimes prefer to be announced separately or in a batch where they are the biggest band.
Les Déferlantes, Provinssi, Mad Cool, Open'er and Super Bock Super Rock as examples.

So they don't consider themselves bigger than Halsey, Janelle, Skrillex and Liam?

14 minutes ago, So Sad Simon said:

There is absolutely no chance of it being Pearl Jam, that'd be like booking Dua Lipa to play Hell Fest. 

In what way? That seems like a massive over exaggeration based on the fact that Liam is another headliner. 

But then again I also don’t think they are the perfect match for the price they would ask for.

2 hours ago, Akujin said:

So you think they would stay in Europe for almost 4 weeks? Who would pay for their hotels, storage of their gear etc.? I think you don't understand how touring and logistics work...

I don't know how much they cost because that depends on so many elements. I just know that stating some artist ask for more money than the other ones is complete bullsh*t. You're not buying socks. I've had a few chats with people who work in the industry and they all told me one festival can pay a lot more for the same band than a different one. The price is based on so many factors like competition between the festivals, credibility of the festival/promoter, logistics, willingness of the band to do festivals etc. The bands don't simple have a price tag. From time to time there are some leaks that a festival/promoter paid a certain amount but that doesn't mean everyone else pay the same amount.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Akujin said:

In what way? That seems like a massive over exaggeration based on the fact that Liam is another headliner. 

But then again I also don’t think they are the perfect match for the price they would ask for.

In what way? In the way that the average attendee would know about three of their songs. At most. 

1 hour ago, So Sad Simon said:

In what way? In the way that the average attendee would know about three of their songs. At most. 

Debatable. They have massive amount of fans who certainly know most songs, but if you talk about non fans, how many non fans know more than 3 Stormzy songs, more than 3 Janelle Moane songs (if they even heard the name), Martin Garrix??, must I go on?

in fact there are very few bands where even if you don’t know of them you know their songs.

In terms of how many fans they have it’s defo more than any of the current headliners.

And Sziget is not a niche festival that caters for a single genre so I really don’t get your point.

Edited by Akujin

45 minutes ago, Akujin said:

Debatable. They have massive amount of fans who certainly know most songs, but if you talk about non fans, how many non fans know more than 3 Stormzy songs, more than 3 Janelle Moane songs (if they even heard the name), Martin Garrix??, must I go on?

in fact there are very few bands where even if you don’t know of them you know their songs.

In terms of how many fans they have it’s defo more than any of the current headliners.

And Sziget is not a niche festival that caters for a single genre so I really don’t get your point.

Pearl Jam have a massive, loyal fan base. I suspect the majority of people attending Sziget this year, based on the current line-up, do not fall into that demographic. 

I've seen PJ three times in the past 15 years and the vast majority of people at their concerts are men aged between 30 and 60.

I suspect many of them won't be  buying tickets to see Octo Octa, Ellen Allien, Venerus and Argy. 

18 minutes ago, So Sad Simon said:

Pearl Jam have a massive, loyal fan base. I suspect the majority of people attending Sziget this year, based on the current line-up, do not fall into that demographic. 

I've seen PJ three times in the past 15 years and the vast majority of people at their concerts are men aged between 30 and 60.

I suspect many of them won't be  buying tickets to see Octo Octa, Ellen Allien, Venerus and Argy. 

I’m 30 plus and love Argy, maybe something wring with me 😆 

To the point: yeah, sure, hence I said for the price it’s not the best fit, same as Liam but fraction of the price. 

However, I have been to Mad Cool, it seemed younger than Sziget (which is a much older festival hence pulling people who were there 20 years ago but still coming back in their 30s 40s) and Mad Cool has PJ

I'm going to REALLY show my age now. I saw Pearl Jam play at a club in Manchester, England the week BEFORE Ten was released. One of the top three gigs of my life...and I've seen lots!

Should /could they play Sziget? I don't think they have as many well known songs as Foo Fighters but I think they'd go down well. It's rare that people like just one genre of music so don't assume those into EDM aren't also going to enjoy Pearl Jam.

• Thanks 1

No way that PJ will be at Sziget, I would love them to play, but there is no chance. They announcedall there gigs for the rest of the year, I would love them to extend there Tour and make up for the canceled EU gigs of there last tour, but they would have announced this with the big drop in February 

New idea! How about Fall Out Boy? 

They only have Download Festival in Europe for now, so they should definitely announce more europe dates.

They are also a suitable size for Sziget.

Thoughts?

Edited by Akujin

44 minutes ago, Akujin said:

They only have Download Festival in Europe for now, so they should definitely announce more europe dates.

Thoughts?

There's no European tour planned at the moment. Personally, I don't think it's them but it's not entirely impossible.

1 hour ago, Akujin said:

Thoughts?

Download is in June. 

12 minutes ago, Akujin said:

Yeah I know. 2 months long European tour impossible? Surely they will announce a full on European tour, unlikely they will travel just for DL

That's exactly what is happening. No tour, just DL.

Edited by Newjem
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Akujin said:

Yeah I know. 2 months long European tour impossible? Surely they will announce a full on European tour, unlikely they will travel just for DL

that is what we call " an exclusivity ", some festivals are willing to pay for that 😉