Sziget Festival 2024

#1SzigetFan

9 minutes ago, rowexx said:

It’s the name of the Fred, Skrillex and Four’s Coachella set

How would that work btw? Does Skrillex still have a stand alone show or... like it's one massive long set together? 

I guess I don't mind either way just interested.

32 minutes ago, Akujin said:

How would that work btw? Does Skrillex still have a stand alone show or... like it's one massive long set together? 

I guess I don't mind either way just interested.

It was in the press release that Skrillex will play on the main stage, then Fred plays on the main stage until 11pm, then the third one performs at the A38-whatever-it's-called-now tent when Fred's done.

(And the fact that the other guy will be at the A38 (Revolut?) tent means we can't even go and see a decent band instead of DJs.)

Edited by kristofm

21 minutes ago, kristofm said:

It was in the press release that Skrillex will play on the main stage, then Fred plays on the main stage until 11pm, then the third one performs at the A38-whatever-it's-called-now tent when Fred's done.

(And the fact that the other guy will be at the A38 (Revolut?) tent means we can't even go and see a decent band instead of DJs.)

You didn’t just call Four Tet “the other guy” 😭 Four Tet is amongst the most creative and innovative electronic music artist you can find. If you know nothing of him, check out his work, it’s no bs EDM, proper art. Ofc if you flat out hate anything electronic you might still hate it but in that case I do feel for you this year 😄

I recommend checking out these tracks first:

She moves She

As Serious as your life

Love Cry

Angel Echoes

Edited by Akujin

12 minutes ago, So Sad Simon said:

The price of day tickets on the Wednesday is the same as all the other days (except Monday, which is higher). 

This doesn't say to me that we are getting a headliner that's particularly big tbh. 

I think it would be unfair to sell tickets for a higher price when you don't know who's playing. They might increase the price only after the announcement, if they really have a big act on that day.

8 hours ago, Akujin said:

You didn’t just call Four Tet “the other guy” 😭 Four Tet is amongst the most creative and innovative electronic music artist you can find. If you know nothing of him, check out his work, it’s no bs EDM, proper art. Ofc if you flat out hate anything electronic you might still hate it but in that case I do feel for you this year 😄

his album "Rounds" got me into electronic music after being a deluded hater of "computer garbage". the man is a genius and a legend. he honestly never even made just average music, always interesting and innovating. his new album just got out, and it doesnt disappoint. its his 12th record as Four Tet..

so glad to see him, and honestly I hope all Fred, Skrillex and him will have their own set, with their own music.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, SweetJesus said:

I can go only on a last day and I’m interested to see Big Thief, Yard Act, Skrillex and Fred Again.

But I’m pretty sure that some of them will play at the same time, right?

I think Big Thief will either open the main stage or play in the tent and Yard Act will definitely play in the tent. If you're lucky they'll play the same time as Raye so then you can catch Skrillex and Fred at the main stage after

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, #1SzigetFan said:

I think it would be unfair to sell tickets for a higher price when you don't know who's playing. They might increase the price only after the announcement, if they really have a big act on that day.

The price is set by how well it is selling afaik. So obvs this will remain low till a headliner is announced 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Akujin said:

I recommend checking out these tracks first:

She moves She

As Serious as your life

Love Cry

Angel Echoes

She just likes to fight, is to be played at my funeral (morbid I know) but my kids know that is a 100% non negotiable demand 

If it wasn't for people like Four Tet, people like Skrillex and Fred Again wouldn't be around, words like legend get thrown around way too easy but he is definitely worthy of that title 

Edited by Lambert
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lambert said:

She just likes to fight, is to be played at my funeral (morbid I know) but my kids know that is a 100% non negotiable demand 

If it wasn't for people like Four Tet, people like Skrillex and Fred Again wouldn't be around, words like legend get thrown around way too easy but he is definitely worthy of that title 

this! Four Tet is one of the most exciting electronic music artist in Sziget's history, without doubt. Legend for sure.

This year i won't make it to Sziget, been there all last editions since 2019. This year will be more about family time for me:)) 

About the lineup: To me it's giving me "lower budget" vibes. Less live bands and more electronic acts (actually DJs part of lineup is very strong) is where this fest is going. No big and expensive headliners such as Edd Sheeran etc. Undercards are average at best as well. With lower prices and under 21 tickets they are going more after youngers, i belive. 

Pretty much all of confirmed headliners were or would be subhead in previous years. It seems in this part of Europe most of festivals are struggling, just check out Exit lineup, terrible. 

For everyone going, i hope organization will be perfect and the whole amazing Sziget experience will remain as good as ussualy, it's what makes this festival special and still worth going at this point. 

Peace out. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Could Pearl Jam be the missing headliner? They end their Europe tour in mid July leaving them with a fair gap before their US tour. 

And no, I don’t think they are too big to book. In fact based on publically available information they seem to be slightly cheaper than something like Foo Fighters and defo cheaper than Billie Eilish.

7 hours ago, Akujin said:

Could Pearl Jam be the missing headliner? They end their Europe tour in mid July leaving them with a fair gap before their US tour. 

And no, I don’t think they are too big to book. In fact based on publically available information they seem to be slightly cheaper than something like Foo Fighters and defo cheaper than Billie Eilish.

Publicly available information about fees is mostly just made up nonsense. Artists don't have fixed fees, it's more of an auction and the fee can differ a lot between the shows. 

I don't think Pearl Jam have ever done a one-off show in Europe. And I don't even know how many years it's been when they had any EU show in August. They are quite predictable in that so why would they change it all of a sudden?

So the answer is no, it's not Pearl Jam.

8 hours ago, Akujin said:

The most probable option is currently Maneskin / Queens of Stone Age / The Strokes, QoTSA option would be pretty weak though. Pearl Jam would be nice but they are "too old" for current Sziget crowd. Thats why Im thinking Maneskin could be announced.

Tbh if it were Maneskin i’m pretty sure they would’ve announced them already.

given the fact they’re waiting i suppose it’s a band that yet has to announce smt or is in some kind of contract like no doubt with coachella

2 hours ago, Newjem said:

Publicly available information about fees is mostly just made up nonsense. Artists don't have fixed fees, it's more of an auction and the fee can differ a lot between the shows. 

I don't think Pearl Jam have ever done a one-off show in Europe. And I don't even know how many years it's been when they had any EU show in August. They are quite predictable in that so why would they change it all of a sudden?

So the answer is no, it's not Pearl Jam.

What do you mean one off show? They are literally playing Mad Cool a few weeks before and plenty of other shows in Europe.

I’m not claiming to know exactly how much they get paid now, but it’s a good indicator of their bracket ehich is around Foo Fighters - who have been to Sziget. 

Mad Cool also have a very young vibe and yet they have them.

I’m not even saying it’s high chance, but I think it is a possibility.

Especially because I think so far Wednesday is the worst day in terms of undercards so it would make sense that they have a big headliner planned for that day.

Sames as Billie Eilish day was the weakest last year.

10 minutes ago, #1SzigetFan said:

There are some rumours that Lenny Kravitz is going to be announced for Untold Festival in Romania which is also in August.

That would be insane to me on so many levels. Plus I wouldn’t refer to him as “a band”. That’s like Calling Lizzo a band because she has band members on stage.

54 minutes ago, Akujin said:

What do you mean one off show? They are literally playing Mad Cool a few weeks before and plenty of other shows in Europe.

One-off show means coming to Europe for only one show.

56 minutes ago, Akujin said:

I’m not claiming to know exactly how much they get paid now, but it’s a good indicator of their bracket ehich is around Foo Fighters - who have been to Sziget.

It's not a good indicator. Period.