Sziget Festival 2024

#1SzigetFan

On 3/10/2024 at 9:30 PM, Newjem said:

Yeah, Liam will defo sell better in the UK and Ireland but Mumford will sell better anywhere else.

Not to Defend Liam because I do think he is boring, but as I mentioned previously he absolutely packed Mad Cool ehich is in Madrid. I would say he was twice as packed as Mumford

On 3/11/2024 at 4:25 PM, Lambert said:

Fred again is without a doubt one of the most popular dance music artists in the world right now, he is like dance musics best kept secret

He is currently on a last minute tour in Australia and played a lat minute gig at the Sydney opera house and they sold out in minutes with 125k people in the que, he then sold out Rod Laver arena (15k capacity) for 3 nights in a row in minutes, then flew to the gold coast for a "pop up dj set" and they sold 35k tickets in an hour 

If you are not into dance music you may not of even heard of him, but I can guarantee you 100% this guy will draw the biggest crowd for any act at this festival and I would bet money he will produce the best set of the week 

I know monthly listeners not everything but…

Billie: 66 mil

Imagine Dragons: 55 mil

Fred Again: 17 mil

And I said that monthly listeners is not everything but in fact that probably favours the other two, because Fred is hot now so everyone is listening now, while the other two especially ID have much more heritage and even if someone is not listening to it right now they are willing to buy tickets.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Akujin said:

I know monthly listeners not everything but…

Billie: 66 mil

Imagine Dragons: 55 mil

Fred Again: 17 mil

And I said that monthly listeners is not everything but in fact that probably favours the other two, because Fred is hot now so everyone is listening now, while the other two especially ID have much more heritage and even if someone is not listening to it right now they are willing to buy tickets.

I might be the only one who doesn't like Fred Again .

And if Skrillex is a headliner.. 3 DJS as headliners is a bit over excessive IMO.

6 hours ago, FestivalJamie said:

I might be the only one who doesn't like Fred Again .

And if Skrillex is a headliner.. 3 DJS as headliners is a bit over excessive IMO.

IMHO There is no way that Skrillex is headlining. Leaks already stated that 'the plan' is to have a female headliner and, if not, I'd be really surprised at them falling back on another electronic headliner. 

1 hour ago, Joka_sc said:

I personally really hope for Elderbrook, just looked at his tourdates and he is playing at a festival in Slovakia on the 10th of August, so it just might be possible.

hey mate, sorry to disappoint you but he's been announced yesterday to an other Hungarian festival in August, as well as Chase and Status and Alok

2 hours ago, billybigballs said:

I know I'm like a broken record with this one but I really hope they would book Nothing But Thieves again. I know it's two years in a row but they were SO good last year.

You mean like a broken machine? 😉

• Like 2

4 hours ago, So Sad Simon said:

IMHO There is no way that Skrillex is headlining. Leaks already stated that 'the plan' is to have a female headliner and, if not, I'd be really surprised at them falling back on another electronic headliner. 

My best guess is Fred and Skrillex co-headlining. I don’t see a world where Skrillex not headlining but Fred does. In fact So far Skrillex would be one of the most popular headliners. Especially that I think he hasn’t been to Sziget for 10 years.

2 hours ago, billybigballs said:

I know I'm like a broken record with this one but I really hope they would book Nothing But Thieves again. I know it's two years in a row but they were SO good last year.

Yes! Really one of the best acts to book this year. 

1 hour ago, Akujin said:

My best guess is Fred and Skrillex co-headlining. I don’t see a world where Skrillex not headlining but Fred does. In fact So far Skrillex would be one of the most popular headliners. Especially that I think he hasn’t been to Sziget for 10 years.

Fred again is headlining most festivals he is at this year, pretty sure Skrillex isn't headlining any, I can see FA/Four Tet/Skrillex doing a DJ set together coachella style if all on the same day after there sets.

25 minutes ago, Lambert said:

Fred again is headlining most festivals he is at this year, pretty sure Skrillex isn't headlining any, I can see FA/Four Tet/Skrillex doing a DJ set together coachella style if all on the same day after there sets.

Isn’t he headlining Roskilde? But yeah I mean will see. I think in Hungary tho… Skrilex would still pull more people than Fred (I am sayin this as someone who is fan of both)

11 minutes ago, rowexx said:

IMG_0797.thumb.jpeg.8388f8f658e44654261027fc71925766.jpeg

What if Megan is the female headliner? Starts touring in May and she’ll come to Europe last most likely. She’s also announcing the official dates on the 20th, so Sziget announcing on the 21st would make sense.

Come back Lana, all is forgiven....

• Like 5

Just now, billybigballs said:

Come back Lana, all is forgiven....

Hahah

But why tho? I guess her songs and not very relatable for men, which is normal, but her flow and deliverence are very good imho. She’s no Kendrick, but I’d say she’s one of the best female rappers

15 minutes ago, rowexx said:

Hahah

But why tho? I guess her songs and not very relatable for men, which is normal, but her flow and deliverence are very good imho. She’s no Kendrick, but I’d say she’s one of the best female rappers

because if there is anything worse then having 2 EDM acts as headliners, it is having 2 EDM acts as headliners and 2 rap acts as headliners, both of which are relatively unknown to wider audience 😄

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dukkai said:

because if there is anything worse then having 2 EDM acts as headliners, it is having 2 EDM acts as headliners and 2 rap acts as headliners, both of which are relatively unknown to wider audience 😄

She played Reading and Leeds in 2022 and my daughter and 16 of her friends attended. They all went to watch her play and not one of them stayed until the end. The overwhelming opinion was that her performance was laughable. Plus, apart from 'that' song. I couldn't name you another! Lol.

EDIT: Sorry, @rowexxthis was meant to be a reply to your comment, not the one from @Dukkai

Edited by billybigballs
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, rowexx said:

IMG_0797.thumb.jpeg.8388f8f658e44654261027fc71925766.jpeg

What if Megan is the female headliner? Starts touring in May and she’ll come to Europe last most likely. She’s also announcing the official dates on the 20th, so Sziget announcing on the 21st would make sense.

She's playing Bonnaroo Festival in May and subbing Fred Again.. so not sure she's at headliner level. Neither of her albums broke the Top 40 in the UK. 

Edited by So Sad Simon