Sziget Festival 2024

#1SzigetFan

21 minutes ago, poelim said:

Why ed sheeran?

He was at Sziget a couple of years ago right?

not that that would rule him out considering multiple artists have been there the for a few times, but i thought ed sheeran was a “big name” back then, would they book him again as big name?

Festivals have a tendency to repeat some artist, due to good relations with the artist & agency and because the audience is more familiar with them. Ed day in 2019 was sold out and main stage completely packed, so he would be safe strong headliner.

From the same year we alerady had Florence, and Dua & AM & Mumford from 2018. Not saying it is him ,but i would not be suprised at all if it is. 

Edited by activean

3 hours ago, activean said:

Festivals have a tendency to repeat some artist, due to good relations with the artist & agency and because the audience is more familiar with them. Ed day in 2019 was sold out and main stage completely packed, so he would be safe strong headliner.

From the same year we alerady had Florence, and Dua & AM & Mumford from 2018. Not saying it is him ,but i would not be suprised at all if it is. 

He's currently doing loads of press (GQ 10 Essentials, Conan, etc). That, paired with the fact that he seems to be doing the festival circuit in 2024 makes it a no-brainer imo.

3 hours ago, sandorbeni said:

Hungarian rapper Azahriah just announced a third stadium show after the first two were instantly sold out.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him as a subheadliner next year

Absolutely. We just discussed this year with a few friends that we expect him to play as a subheadliner next year (the same day as some international popstar is headlining), it makes a lot of sense.

On 10/14/2023 at 11:23 AM, sandorbeni said:

Hungarian rapper Azahriah just announced a third stadium show after the first two were instantly sold out.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him as a subheadliner next year

This would suggest against him playing if anything

No idea who this is but if hes headlining two stadium shows he'd headline Sziget too - it would sell day tickets well just would need to whack him on a middle day i guess. Makes no sense to not headline surely - even at a very international fest like sziget.

Edited by gfa

4 minutes ago, gfa said:

No idea who this is but if hes headlining two stadium shows he'd headline Sziget too - it would sell day tickets well just would need to whack him on a middle day i guess. Makes no sense to not headline surely - even at a very international fest like sziget.

His gig in London next month is at XOYO - capacity of 800, compared to the 60,000 at the Puskas stadium. It would be a gamble to have him headline though I think, it might put off the international visitors, many of whom (like you and I) wouldn't have a clue who he is. Difficult sell, but easier with a weak but recognisable international name as headliner and him in support. Mind you, he might not take that in his home country.

1 hour ago, gfa said:

I mean, probably more people would turn up than for Florence etc but can you sell 6-day-tickets in, let's say the UK, with one of the main names being totally unknown over there?

(He's doing a 3rd day in the stadium by the way. It's 45 000 people for each gig. I've never seen or heard of anything like that in this country before.)

19 hours ago, billybigballs said:

His gig in London next month is at XOYO - capacity of 800, compared to the 60,000 at the Puskas stadium. It would be a gamble to have him headline though I think, it might put off the international visitors, many of whom (like you and I) wouldn't have a clue who he is. Difficult sell, but easier with a weak but recognisable international name as headliner and him in support. Mind you, he might not take that in his home country.

Better idea would be to get a recognisable international name as the support and have him headline afterwards surely. They will both be in big letters on the post while people are buying 6 day tickets before the day splits are out anyway then hungarians will just swarm day tickets later

He's clearly not going to get booked alongside 3 stadium shows regardless. 2025 maybe 

18 hours ago, kristofm said:

I mean, probably more people would turn up than for Florence etc but can you sell 6-day-tickets in, let's say the UK, with one of the main names being totally unknown over there?

(He's doing a 3rd day in the stadium by the way. It's 45 000 people for each gig. I've never seen or heard of anything like that in this country before.)

If the other 5 are solid i don;t see the issue tbh

Nobody goes to see all 6 of them them anyway

regarding the bold: no - but a uk festival wouldn't book that. We don't have any fests nearly as international as sziget, but our fests book names to headline that really aren't that big elsewhere often - as do say german metal fests or like the Editors in much of mainland europe and these fests still do well.

Edited by gfa