Pinkpop 2024

willsmith700

20,21,23 June 2024

Brilliant festival this year! Great atmosphere, superb acts and an all around class festival at the top of its game.

Looking forward to 2024. A headliner usually appears in October with more of the line up and tickets on sale in November. Any names people would expect to see on the Line up for 2024? 

Looks like Foo Fighters would be favourites as they finish their London dates on the 22nd. Could they make it to Landgraaf overnight to close the festival on the 23rd? 

Paramore are in the vicinity on the sold out Taylor Swift, Eras tour. 

Gaslight Anthem also seem to be ready to hit the Festival circuit for the first time in a decade.

Also rumours around Dua Lipa, The 1975 (hinting to be going on a run of summer dates / festivals in 2024), Green Day also likely doing big shows in support of the Dookie anniversary! 

Edited by willsmith700

Calm and very adult-oriented festival, and QOTSA this year was definitely one of the best shows I've seen in my whole life. Surely can recommend it if its lineup is your thing. Camping is clean and overall great.

But the crowd can be horrible - very loud talks during shows, sometimes even louder than music itself, seems like people have no interest in what's happening on the stage.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 8/13/2023 at 10:10 PM, Mondo-kun said:

Calm and very adult-oriented festival, and QOTSA this year was definitely one of the best shows I've seen in my whole life. Surely can recommend it if its lineup is your thing. Camping is clean and overall great.

But the crowd can be horrible - very loud talks during shows, sometimes even louder than music itself, seems like people have no interest in what's happening on the stage.

I've seen QOTSA many many times over the years (including with Lanegan back in the day and previously at Pinkpop). I must admit that the set they put on this year was superb and one of the best. A band revitalised and that has found another gear. They also played God Is In The Radio for the first time in a decade, which was a real treat! (Admittedly, it's now back in regular rotation on the tour setlists, but Pinkpop got it first 😉 ).

The talking issues you describe wasn't something I recognised to be honest. Especially, nothing that was noticeable anymore than at any other festival. If you stand further back, then you had the usual festival audience of people enjoying time with friends, talking, messing around and dipping in and out of the set (I was guilty of this for a few artists I wasn't familiar with). But once you ventured closer to the front - where you were surrounded by fans of the artist and people much more invested in what was happening on stage, I wouldn't say distractions and audience talking was an issue for me. Slamdunk and Leeds and Reading are festivals where I have absolutely noticed what you describe with much more intensity and annoyance haha.

On 8/13/2023 at 11:10 PM, Mondo-kun said:

It's called the "Dutch disease" (I'm from the Netherlands btw). Sadly, it's also spreading to Belgium as well I've noticed. 

52 minutes ago, VCF said:

Pukkelpop this weekend was a bit shocking at times.

Pondered checking out Pukkelpop next year. Be interested to know your thoughts on how it compares to other Euro options and Pinkpop 🙂. Assuming another fun Line Up put forward from Pinkpop, I expect I'll be heading back. 

Edited by willsmith700

• 2 weeks later...

Friday - Post Malone

Saturday - Billy Eilish 

Sunday - Green Day (Dookie anniversary show)

Elsewhere on the line up:
Dua Lipa, Gaslight Anthem, Greta Van Fleet, CHVRCHEs, JoyCut, Dinosaur Jr, The National, Haim, Phoebe Bridgers, YouMe@6, Story of The Year. 
Edited by willsmith700

2 hours ago, willsmith700 said:

Friday - Post Malone

Saturday - Billy Eilish 

Sunday - Green Day (Dookie anniversary show)

Elsewhere on the line up:
Dua Lipa, Gaslight Anthem, Greta Van Fleet, CHVRCHEs, JoyCut, Dinosaur Jr, The National, Haim, Phoebe Bridgers, YouMe@6, Story of The Year. 

Dua Lipa is definitely headlining if they manage to book her. 

14 hours ago, matrainertje said:

Dua Lipa is definitely headlining if they manage to book her. 

Sounds like she's expected to be on the festival circuit next year - admittedly, I didn't know how big she was haha! I know a few songs like, but evidently underestimated her.

• 4 weeks later...

Looking like Gaslight Anthem will be within the vicinity (just confirmed for 2000 Trees, which is a couple of week later) and they would be well suited to a slot on the Pinkpop line up 🙂

Edited by willsmith700

Big gap in the Rammstein dates next year. Places them in Holland for Pinkpop (with another date before hand 18 Jun 2024 - NL, Nijmegen, Goffertpark) and this leaves plenty of time to assemble and break down a big production for Pinkpop (21, 22 June) :) - They then play 23 Jun 2024 - IE, Dublin, RDS Arena. So wouldn't be closing the festival. This is "if" they are playing it. 

2 hours ago, Archi said:

Rammstein won't be there. Stop dreaming... And honestly, they're playing in Europe almost every Summers : 2019 - 2022 - 2023 - 2024... We can except something more fresh as headliner.

I wouldn’t say I’m dreaming. They have done Pinkpop a few times over the years.

Personally, I can take or leave Rammstein nowadays … a fun live show / production to watch, but I won’t be overly bothered about seeing them again now.

My post was simply raising the observation that a glaring blank dates in their schedule and the fact they will be in the immediate area which would provide logistical convenience, should they be booked. 

Where has the Ed Sheeran rumour come from?

19 minutes ago, willsmith700 said:

I wouldn’t say I’m dreaming. They have done Pinkpop a few times over the years.

Personally, I can take or leave Rammstein nowadays … a fun live show / production to watch, but I won’t be overly bothered about seeing them again now.

My post was simply raising the observation that a glaring blank dates in their schedule and the fact they will be in the immediate area which would provide logistical convenience, should they be booked. 

Where has the Ed Sheeran rumour come from?

A lot of those blank dates are just placeholders for extra shows in the same locations though. An insider already confirmed that a second Belgian show is ready to be announced once the first sells out. And their current production doesn't fit on festival stages, so they'd have to create a new show for a handful of festivals.

Ed Sheeran has been announced as headliner at Hurricane/Southside and Stavernfestival, both in June. 

1 minute ago, Dietediet said:

A lot of those blank dates are just placeholders for extra shows in the same locations though. An insider already confirmed that a second Belgian show is ready to be announced once the first sells out. And their current production doesn't fit on festival stages, so they'd have to create a new show for a handful of festivals.

Ed Sheeran has been announced as headliner at Hurricane/Southside and Stavernfestival, both in June. 

Interesting to know. Ed Sheeran would be pretty underwhelming booking (for me) but would shift tickets.

Fair point on the place-holding. I suppose I was running on the presumption they are expected to be headlining Download Festival, so assumed a Festival ready set-up would be good to go.