Volunteering 2024

Chazwozza

20 hours ago, D W said:

Counting down the days to get back on site! Can anyone confirm where the entrances are for the crew bars at acoustic, Silver Hayes  and West Holts, or has a detailed map from 23 (seen the tube map but did not help for finding the entrances!) Managed to visit the rest of the bars last year except T&C and hoping to visit them all this year 

Acoustic is further up the hill past the tent , keep walking up the lane and it’s in the next field up through a gate 

silver Hayes - opposite lovely hearts from memory 

west holts - face the stage and there is a path going into Caberet field - along the fencing on the right is a door and sign above the door - it’s through there 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Funkyfairy! said:

The Tuesday night last year I went to sleep around 1:30 am then back up at 4am to watch the sun rise over the stone circle (it was solstice ) , wandered along a totally empty railway track , grabbed a smoothy from a guy just setting up and went and chilled at the sign - you could hear from up there various cheers from outside gates - i watched the gates open , the site fill up and then wandered back to my tent for a few hours rest before back out when the site was a lot fuller 🙂 

very special memories 

I spent the Monday night on the Tor the year before for the solstice which was so perfect after lockdown. With perfect weather. Good times.

Will endeavour to do sunrise by the stone circle / sign Tues into Wednesday this year for the reasons too said. Good tip

• Upvote 2

On 5/4/2024 at 11:16 AM, D W said:

Counting down the days to get back on site! Can anyone confirm where the entrances are for the crew bars at acoustic, Silver Hayes  and West Holts, or has a detailed map from 23 (seen the tube map but did not help for finding the entrances!) Managed to visit the rest of the bars last year except T&C and hoping to visit them all this year 

Sadly T&C is a closed shop. Great bar though

Can anyone advise me regarding Avalon Zoom training?

Do I need a webcam? Do I need to install Zoom on something?

A colleague told me you can do Zoom sessions via a website. Are they correct. Is the Avalon training like this?

3 hours ago, MrZigster said:

Can anyone advise me regarding Avalon Zoom training?

Do I need a webcam? Do I need to install Zoom on something?

A colleague told me you can do Zoom sessions via a website. Are they correct. Is the Avalon training like this?

You can yes without downloading the Zoom application, they have a "web based client" which just runs in a browser window  - so I am not sure on the Avalon side of things - they may want to verify that it is you via camera. You can do this on your phone by the way too - no need for anything additional then like a webcam.

Instructions on using the web only interface rather than dowloading the app

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0064261#h_01FGW753J4PVWY94DCEQQTAQ1Q

Edited by Chris_R
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

Anyone had success with page trackers since the resale?

I don't have it on all the time but I've had lots of alerts for other other festivals - none for G

On 5/5/2024 at 8:18 AM, Funkyfairy! said:

Acoustic is further up the hill past the tent , keep walking up the lane and it’s in the next field up through a gate 

silver Hayes - opposite lovely hearts from memory 

west holts - face the stage and there is a path going into Caberet field - along the fencing on the right is a door and sign above the door - it’s through there 

Saw this what3words list 'Glastonbury Crew Bars' posted, can’t vouch for the accuracy
https://what3words.com/list/1609572371

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

On 5/9/2024 at 10:00 AM, Leyrulion said:

Anyone had success with page trackers since the resale?

I’ve had a tracker on for most of the time since the resale and haven’t seen Glastonbury pop up once.

Plenty of notifications for other festivals though. 

Starting to wonder if any will pop up at all!

9 hours ago, JackP1994 said:

I’ve had a tracker on for most of the time since the resale and haven’t seen Glastonbury pop up once.

Plenty of notifications for other festivals though. 

Starting to wonder if any will pop up at all!

There weren't as many last year compared to previous years but keep us posted!

Hey guys! Myself and my partner are on the reserve list for natural events and wondering if anyone knows the likelihood we’ll actually get a spot? I guess it’s best I keeping trying/looking for other options in case it doesn’t… any tips or advice? Soooo keen to go but feel like ways in are super hard to come by at this point! Thanks 🙂 

I remember seeing people say they could help with watching out for Oxfam spaces. I have Distill set up for my friend and so does he, but I broke my left elbow (I'm a lefty) last week so I definitely won't be as fast as I was. If those people are still willing and aren't helping anyone else, please DM me 🙂  thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, deadponyclub said:

Oxfam page looks like it might be getting a restock...

image.png.d97e861ca81e713c8655b97ba124ede4.png

It'll be closed due to priority access to the Lytham Festival going live at 2pm today.  I doubt anything to do with Glasto will be happening at the same time. 

• Like 1

Does anyone know much about the payment links/Stripe payment method when securing an Oxfam place? I've kindly been offered help by someone on here and heard this might be a thing. I've never used this before but thought it'd be easier giving a code than giving card details over the phone. 

18 minutes ago, svphie said:

Does anyone know much about the payment links/Stripe payment method when securing an Oxfam place? I've kindly been offered help by someone on here and heard this might be a thing. I've never used this before but thought it'd be easier giving a code than giving card details over the phone. 

Have you an idea or heard rumours when more Glasto positions might become available?

On 5/13/2024 at 11:05 AM, stuie said:

It'll be closed due to priority access to the Lytham Festival going live at 2pm today.  I doubt anything to do with Glasto will be happening at the same time. 

I seen that message pop up a few times - is the site only open to people who have done 2 festivals last year? eg just for priority access on new festivals being added?

10 minutes ago, bob323 said:

I seen that message pop up a few times - is the site only open to people who have done 2 festivals last year? eg just for priority access on new festivals being added?

No - the site is open to everyone.   Lytham is sold out now. 

These are the available festivals    (13:28 14/5)

image.png.202b4c15f33626caef0a5f3187ce0aa8.png

1 hour ago, agroovin said:

Anyone having problems accessing the recycling FB group through the email link?

thanks

I know it's been an issue as I've seen people post about it.

I had issues but I think (but can't remember for sure) it worked by rather than clicking on the link I copied and pasted it into a browser