3 hours ago, Floyd_Ams said:

So the Foo Fighters day (Sunday) is already sold out! That was incredibly fast for RW! I guess it's a combination of their popularity and many people choosing a day ticket this year instead of a combi due to the selection of headliners for the other days.

Popularity. First show in Belgium without Taylor (R.I.P.). But still very fast as there are 21k day-ticket (stat from 2023)... Isn't it a record for RW? Don't remember a day sold out that fast... Between Foo Fighters at RW soldout and Tool at Graspop soldout, both very fast, it's a great start for Belgian festivals that I didn't expect!

6 hours ago, SonicSleuth said:

I see this response a lot in this forum. Does presence at Pukkelpop make Werchter more or less likely? I never know what the intent of the poster is. 

International bands generally have exclusivity clauses so they will only play one Belgian festival per summer. Applies more to the bigger bands.

• Upvote 1

This is year 7 for me at this fest, not consecutive 1st time was 2012, last time was last year,used to go to Reading until they decided to change music genre. Line up over the years at Werchter has been the very best of rock/alt/indie and has included top artists. This year’s announcement, so far, is lacking imho. The fest is so chilled and relaxed which is why I regularly return. However, bearing in mind individual music taste, I am underwhelmed at the announcements so far, a real shame which may cause me to look at other Fests in Europe. I love so much about Werchter but I am concerned at the direction they have taken. I will be there this year and hope that the lineup balances out, early days and all that, but the fact that they are promoting the names announced so far as ‘crown jewels’ to sell tickets is a worry…. Foo’s aside, personal taste as already mentioned. It may turn out alright in the end and can always fizz up in Leuven anyway 😂👍

On 12/2/2023 at 6:34 PM, mikebat said:
Will we have news on Werchter Classic and Werchter Boutique line up before Christmas ?

If there will be a Classic and/or Boutique in 2024…
A little while ago they were off the table. Recently that has been changed but no idea about the situation now. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

54 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

If there will be a Classic and/or Boutique in 2024…
A little while ago they were off the table. Recently that has been changed but no idea about the situation now. 

Paul McCartney still has to do his Werchter show from 2020. He is the top favourite to headline TW Classic, I would say...

• Upvote 1

Now that the draw has been done I wonder how they will manage the Euro 2024 should Belgium reach the quarters final.

If they top their group and win their Last 16 they play the quarter finals on Saturday at 9 pm.

If they finish second they play the quarter finals on Friday at 9 pm.

Not the best schedule. Remember London Grammar being shockingly empty during Belgium/Brazil in 2018.

Edited by VCF
  • Upvote 1

Just now, VCF said:

Now that the draw has been done I wonder how they will manage the Euro 2024 should Belgium reach the quarters final.

If they top their group they play the quarter finals on Saturday at 9 pm.

If they finish second they play the quarter finals on Friday at 9 pm.

Not the best schedule.

If everything goes well (not so sure, remember World Cup 2022), we could play against France on Saturday 6 July 9pm. So during the sub of Dua Lipa. Since 2018, the relation with France football is different, many Belgian will wanna see the game! The best would be to stream the match on the screen of the Main Stage during the change-over (1h).

8 minutes ago, VCF said:

Not the best schedule. Remember London Grammar being shockingly empty during Belgium/Brazil in 2018.

My word, the party in Klub C during Franz Ferdinand 5 minutes after the full time whistle went is among the best atmospheres I've ever been in for a show ever. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 49Lawson said:

My word, the party in Klub C during Franz Ferdinand 5 minutes after the full time whistle went is among the best atmospheres I've ever been in for a show ever. 

I was just outside but that was a great one indeed!

CHVRCHES into Belgium/Brazil into the end of Franz Ferdinand into The Killers was so much fun.

Could Werchter schedule the headliner at 11.00-11.30 to avoid clashing with the game? Unless there’s extra time of course.

Edited by VCF
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 49Lawson said:

The you won part during Love Illumination was amazing, will never forget that moment. The atmosphere in werchter can actually really be fun if Belgium is doing well in the Euro/WC, I also remember Damon replacing the lyrics of  Kids with Guns with "Eden Hazard"  and the Killers showing a picture of Kevin De Bruyne during "The Man". Great memories!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 49Lawson said:

Anderson Park spayed an amazing show afterward, maybe my top5 favourite RW shows ever (after doing it for 15 years). 

But god, I hope next years it is all about the music. The vibe during the shows when the soccer was on was really sad. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, VCF said:

I was just outside but that was a great one indeed!

CHVRCHES into Belgium/Brazil into the end of Franz Ferdinand into The Killers was so much fun.

Could Werchter schedule the headliner at 11.00-11.30 to avoid clashing with the game? Unless there’s extra time of course.

Can't lie - little jealous of that. I nearly went for Killers/CHVRCHES/Franz day at TRNSMT in 2018 so the added euphoria of being around people stoked their nation beat Brazil at football would've been pretty dope as well.

Didn't realise that day in '18 was that good either. I'd just had tunnel vision for doing Mad Cool and Lolla Paris instead, back when the former wasn't known to be so chaotic and the latter actually had a line-up worth attending.

10 hours ago, ParanoidTourist said:

Pinkpop has dropped many names. I guess there is a risk now that we will get Sam Smith and Greta Van Fleet. I wouldn´t mind Jane´s addiction though!

image.png.7a4c7add272e35a0acc72aab4063610f.png

Rateliff cancelled last year, didn't he, so I'm guessing he will be there. I'd take him, Pendulum, GvF and maybe even Limp Bizkit from this one. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, sisco said:

Apparently GVF has self confirmed for 4th July

Indeed. They will need a strong undercard/big Barn/Klub C names for that Thursday, because it's already hard to sell out with big bands, so with Greta and Lenny as headlining combo, I don't know how well it will sell.

27 minutes ago, sisco said:

Apparently GVF has self confirmed for 4th July

That's a great addition for me; saw them in Manchester a couple of weeks back and they look every inch a big band now. Difficult one to place though, playing lower slots at Pinkpop this year but headlining Tons of Rock. Interesting to see if they're the headliner or if they're on before Kravitz and someone else. 

Also wonder if this means an announcement is due?

30 minutes ago, 49Lawson said:

That's a great addition for me; saw them in Manchester a couple of weeks back and they look every inch a big band now. Difficult one to place though, playing lower slots at Pinkpop this year but headlining Tons of Rock. Interesting to see if they're the headliner or if they're on before Kravitz and someone else. 

Also wonder if this means an announcement is due?

Reckon 3rd from top on the Main Stage.  Yeah fingers crossed the first poster will appear this week.