Legends Slot 2024

FuzzyDunlop

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

Current members

Francis Rossi – lead guitar, vocals (1962–present)
Andy Bown – keyboards, rhythm guitar, harmonica, vocals (1981–present; additional musician during 1976–1981)
John "Rhino" Edwards – bass, rhythm guitar, vocals (1985–present)
Leon Cave – drums, percussion, backing vocals (2013–present)
Richie Malone – rhythm guitar, vocals (2016–present)

Rhino has now been the bassist for longer than Alan Lancaster was and Andy Bown has been there since 76. But, yeah... Rossi and hired hands basically covers it. Headlined Acoustic in 2017.

I know Richie. Hes from Dublin. Nice fella. 

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Neither offer much 'musicianship' either if that's what floats yet boat.

my boat is a broad ship... room enough for cheese and musicianship alike.. and certainly room enough for artists that i may never have another chance to see... 

7 hours ago, BlueDaze said:

whilst I am most definitely in the Annie Lennox or Stevie Nicks camp... either would smash it..!

I watched some of the BBC's Joan Armatrading coverage last night and if they want to continue with the legend being about more  musicianship than cheese they could do a lot worse... terrific watching.

tbf, neither AL or SN offer much cheese

joan would be superb, she had the west holts field in tears last time she played, was also brilliant on the pyramid (in the 90s i think). she's always a bit more loud & rocky than people  seem to expect 

On 10/13/2023 at 5:12 AM, Ayrshire Chris said:

Yes, I’d agree with that. Seen him a few times down the years and he always delivers. Great well known tunes, ideal for a good pyramid field singalong. Besides that, Mrs c is a fan and would give me a bit of a lever when deciding/negotiating what other acts to see😉

My kind of booking logic 😁

12 hours ago, Neil said:

joan would be superb, she had the west holts field in tears last time she played, was also brilliant on the pyramid (in the 90s i think). she's always a bit more loud & rocky than people  seem to expect 

I really hope she returns to Glastonbury, a great artist. Can’t see her in the Legends slot though. 

7 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

There's plenty of great music out there, no more or less than ever.

The 60's/70's/80's had some great music and loads of shite.

The same applies now.

if there's such great music why are people clammering for spice girls, take that, madonna, etc?

6 minutes ago, Neil said:

reckon that Supernintendo Chalmers would include stock aiken and waterman as music.

Of course it is. But don't take my word for it.

Stock Aitken and Waterman is considered one of the most successful songwriting and producing partnerships of all time, scoring more than 100 UK top-40 hits, selling over 150 million records and earning an estimated £60 million. 

Yours, mine and everyone that contributes to these threads' opinion is subjective. Music and art, in it's very essence is subjective. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Of course it is. But don't take my word for it.

Stock Aitken and Waterman is considered one of the most successful songwriting and producing partnerships of all time, scoring more than 100 UK top-40 hits, selling over 150 million records and earning an estimated £60 million. 

Yours, mine and everyone that contributes to these threads' opinion is subjective. Music and art, in it's very essence is subjective. 

yes, its subjective, but theres a reason why festival stages typically don't have pop pap.