Legends Slot 2024

FuzzyDunlop

I know loads of people love them and it would be a hit but personally I hate them and think the vibes would be rancid if Spice Girls played.

Mel C & B can hang, but keep it solo. The other horrible posh chippy right wing ones can keep well away.

6 minutes ago, Amy Lawn said:

I know loads of people love them and it would be a hit but personally I hate them and think the vibes would be rancid if Spice Girls played.

Mel C & B can hang, but keep it solo. The other horrible posh chippy right wing ones can keep well away.

I know what you mean. 

Same goes for Robbie Williams for me though. He'd be popular too no doubt but I'd rather be just about anywhere else on the planet than watch him perform. 

7 minutes ago, GlastoFlow said:

Serious suggestion now - would Joan Armatrading be big enough?

no

She said in some interview a couple of years ago that she'd like to do it, but the festival wouldn't book it. 5th/6th on the Pyramid any day is the best slot she'd get, or else high up on the Park/West Holts/Acoustic.

+1 to the Stevie train.

Thought she might have been a shout for last year too, but tour dates didn't work out.

Emily has made no secret that she'd love to get Fleetwood Mac on the farm, but with Christine's passing and Lindsey no longer involved, it feels as if a Stevie legend slot is the closest (and probably best) thing we can get.

Edited by JayDiesel
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, balti-pie said:

I hate the f**kin Eagles, man

Not a fan then I take it? hahaha

How anyone can Hate 'Take it easy' 'Life in the Fast Lane' or 'Hotel California' I will never know though. Incredible back catalogue of songs they have. 

The biggest issue they have though is the tribute band 'The Illegal Eagles' are much much better live. 

1 minute ago, Benjsh said:

How anyone can Hate 'Take it easy' 'Life in the Fast Lane' or 'Hotel California' I will never know though. Incredible back catalogue of songs they have. 

The biggest issue they have though is the tribute band 'The Illegal Eagles' are much much better live. 

😄 Its a Big Lebowski quote, but one i wholeheartedly agree with- its the complete lack of passion and smugness i hate. 'I've got seven women on my mind'? bellend 😄 

2 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

😄 Its a Big Lebowski quote, but one i wholeheartedly agree with- its the complete lack of passion and smugness i hate. 'I've got seven women on my mind'? bellend 😄 

Seen the film (long time ago) and it still didn't compute. hahaha

39 minutes ago, Benjsh said:

That tune grinds me geats massively. I hate it with a passion.

Life in the fast lane is alright though.

The Eagles though, nah. Naff.