Lana Del Rey Curfew

Tom_12

4 hours ago, EssexIndie said:

Irrelevant of how many streams or sales an artist has had, if they show the amount of contempt and unprofessionalism to their fans and the festival as LDR showed this weekend, it is a non starter to debate whether she is suitable to headline the Pyramid. Unfortunately for her, there were another 3,000+ acts at Glastonbury as opposed to it being the LDR show. Her behaviour and attitude only goes to show they got it spot on putting her where they did.

If anyone showed contempt for the fans it was Glastonbury. It's not like we all had somewhere else to be on Saturday night. 

• Downvote 1

52 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

Its quite fascinating as an outsider. Creating this diva character of Lana Del Rey gives her (Elizabeth Grant) a degree of separation from the nonsense behavior i suppose, distances her from the 'im not going on until my stylist gets here, everything must be perfect and to hell with the crowd, they will wait for me' attitude.

Is this an elaborate art installation? The music isnt for me, and its so disparate, quiet and strange i can only really envisage enjoying it on headphones etc - i cant see how it can be appreciated on a huge outdoor stage. I think Woodsies - or the Astrolabe, or the circus tent - would actually make a lot more sense. She's f**ked the dog for future festivals by behaving like that, but it does add to the mystique so its a self-perpetuating bubble of gilded nonsense. Glad i didnt watch any of it, never was going to, wouldnt unless it was on a much smaller and more appreciable scale, but glad its there for people to enjoy and it does make for some fascinating observation. 

So you didn't see a minute of the set yet post this? Mmmm.

16 minutes ago, AVALON.G said:

I thought it was fantastic. 

Gutted we didn't see the end but it is what it is  

I also dont think Lana Del Rey gives two sh*ts if people dont like her...  I can respect that 

Me too. She was incredible and the staging was superb.

Yes I find it hilarious the posts about Glastonbury not booking her again. As if she gives two flying fu*ks. If I was her I would play there again anyway the way she was treated. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Colorblindjames said:

People are just making stuff up on this thread. 

The other stage doesn't have to finish before the Pyramid. Elton finished 23-05 on Sunday. QOTSA finished at 23-15. Like even a quick check tells us this is just nonsense. 

Also regarding over runs. Ashley and the Blossoms started 20mins late and they got to play their full set knocking everything back on that stage by 20mins. 

That wasnt Astleys fault - Shame were already over.

6 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

Yes! i can have an opinion on things i didnt see, its a forum ya donut 😄

Do you often comment on stuff you know nothing about? I find that a bit strange but then there's been alot of strange and sexist comments on this tread by people triggered by a female artist not starting on time. 

20 minutes ago, Colorblindjames said:

Most U25s probably don't know who Paul McCartney is. The stature thing is again more idle speculation and irrelevant. Glastonbury, like any business, has a responsibility first and foremost to their customers. 

Plenty of U25s know who McCartney is.

Stature isn’t irrelevant at all. If you’re going to do a comparison you can’t just dismiss relevant factors for no obvious reason.

Correct about it being a business. The most important thing to that business is it’s licence.

33 minutes ago, Colorblindjames said:

The other stage doesn't have to finish before the Pyramid. Elton finished 23-05 on Sunday. QOTSA finished at 23-15. Like even a quick check tells us this is just nonsense. 

Also regarding over runs. Ashley and the Blossoms started 20mins late and they got to play their full set knocking everything back on that stage by 20mins. 

Woodsies was running late from just before the Murder Capital came on. A crane reversed too far and tore a small hole in the tent. They had to get the structure inspected and the hole repaired before they could continue. They revised the times accordingly and ran to that.

38 minutes ago, rosieangel said:

It was phenomenal, her and Rina were my two highlights. I even sprinted from Woodies to Other to make sure i didn't miss anything

didn't need to run you had an extra half hour 😀

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Colorblindjames said:

Do you often comment on stuff you know nothing about? I find that a bit strange but then there's been alot of strange and sexist comments on this tread by people triggered by a female artist not starting on time. 

I do, if i find it interesting. Its part of learning about stuff. Were you born with an innate knowledge of Lana Del Rey, or did you find that you had to read about and generally research her? Fair play if its the former, you're an absolute case study. 

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

By all accounts what of the show that was actually delivered was exceptional, and to a packed field who were loving it.

That’s what I read. No interest myself, and lord knows how such a straightforward incident has got to 14 pages, but I heard it went over really well.

1 hour ago, GNR said:

Me, I found it all very boring. As did many of the other husbands, boyfriends and dads around me 

I was surrounded by those bored husbands, boyfriends and dads and it was quite a vibe killer. Lots of them moaning loudly that they could have gone to Arcadia or that her music was making them want to slit their wrists 🙄 

Weirdly she completely won over my friend who wasn't much of a fan before and is now quite infatuated. 

Very mixed feelings for me. I was quite worried about how her voice would come across live having watched so many lacklustre clips of her live. Then I nearly cried when I heard how delicate and perfect she sounded on Young and Beautiful. But with all the talkers and people leaving the crowd in droves around me it was hard for me to get properly in the Lana zone and enjoy it fully.

Also though she's one of my favourite artists of the last decade and I'll always love her music the diva thing she plays up to is just getting a bit tiresome. She robbed fans of around 5-6 classic songs and the proper, triumphant set she could have delivered. Still one of my highlights though 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Colorblindjames said:

I wondered why Woodies was over running that evening. Was it anything technical because they definitely had some problems during their set, not that you could tell but they mentioned it while playing 

38 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

Woodsies was running late from just before the Murder Capital came on. A crane reversed too far and tore a small hole in the tent. They had to get the structure inspected and the hole repaired before they could continue. They revised the times accordingly and ran to that.

4 minutes ago, verrymerry said:

I wondered why Woodies was over running that evening. Was it anything technical because they definitely had some problems during their set, not that you could tell but they mentioned it while playing 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Colorblindjames said:

Was already running late before that. As others have said happened before the murder capital. I know because I wanted to catch most of MC before going to see Third World and had to leave without catching ANY of their set.

Also Woodsies has a later absolute curfew than other venues, presumably as it is an enclosed space.

1 hour ago, MEGABOWL said:

That explains 2 things - why I didn’t get to see MC and why there was a ruddy great hole in the tent. Thanks!

1 hour ago, Greengoblin said:

I was surrounded by those bored husbands, boyfriends and dads and it was quite a vibe killer. Lots of them moaning loudly that they could have gone to Arcadia or that her music was making them want to slit their wrists 🙄 

Weirdly she completely won over my friend who wasn't much of a fan before and is now quite infatuated. 

Very mixed feelings for me. I was quite worried about how her voice would come across live having watched so many lacklustre clips of her live. Then I nearly cried when I heard how delicate and perfect she sounded on Young and Beautiful. But with all the talkers and people leaving the crowd in droves around me it was hard for me to get properly in the Lana zone and enjoy it fully.

Also though she's one of my favourite artists of the last decade and I'll always love her music the diva thing she plays up to is just getting a bit tiresome. She robbed fans of around 5-6 classic songs and the proper, triumphant set she could have delivered. Still one of my highlights though 

Absolutely agree with this although thankfully we were towards the back of the field so not surrounded by anyone bored. She was amazing but I will never forgive her for denying me Summertime Sadness. Was in two minds whether to see her and despite everything I am very glad I did. PS I DID cry during Y&B....

2 hours ago, MEGABOWL said:

Ah for some reason I thought it was because Murder Capital were having technical issues. I tuned in and the band were on stage testing their gear for a while. Shame they had to cut their set down, but they were great

Edited by Lubic

3 hours ago, Colorblindjames said:

I equally find it strange that you keep choosing to make very bold statements about the festival, it's history and other performances which suggest you're very poorly informed. 

Paul Mccartney is not relevant here. More than 99% of all festival sets in the UK must fit within the allocated time slot, either the original time slot, or some new later or shorter allocated time slot because of technical issues, and that's the comparison point.

If an artist only wants to use part of that time slot, it is their choice. I've seen that quite a bit. Maybe that's an artistic choice. Probably most fans won't mind. The only problem would be if she was rude to the staff, but that's only rumours.

Edited by emmanuel

• 2 weeks later...