Lana Del Rey Curfew

Tom_12

2 minutes ago, st dan said:

Can I ask why? Just because you clearly are such a fan of her?

I don’t think AM and GnR were necessarily the correct choice of headliner, but AM are the biggest UK band of the past 20 years, are touring a new album and haven’t played the festival in 10 years. GnR are undeniably one of the biggest rock bands of all, making their debut at the festival, with the original band back together.

I am a really big Lana fan, but I think she’d get lost as a pyramid headliner. She just isn’t a household name in the UK (probably wrongly due to how good she is). 

As was mentioned elsewhere she's just sold out 80k at Hyde Park which GnR haven't. So I'm not sure she isn't a draw. 

Secondly the all male headline on the pyramid was a joke.

Third, the festival booking policy shouldn't be focused on filling the pyramid stage. Kendrick certainly didn't.  

Wow. 

What an eventful few pages. 

Leave the name calling and false accusations for others. Not sure who this @Colorblindjamesis, but you need to calm down, and take a step back.

The facts are simple. They Pyramid has a later slot to stop any overcrowding from all crowds leaving at same time. All about safety. Additionally, the site has a curfew, they've scratched the surface of losing their license a fair few times, would 30 minutes make a difference? Probably not, but setting a precedent for other artists? That's where you'll encounter issues. 

LDR was late, despite warning and proceeded to ignore the calls. It's on her. You've paid money to see artists, bands and whatever else, and she didn't show up, she left you disappointed, not the festival. 

Hopefully not the end of her at Glastonbury as she seems to have absolutely hit the mark with lots of people, but show some respect to the organisers, fans and whoever else is involved.  

8 minutes ago, Colorblindjames said:

A pretty sad list of legacy acts which increasingly is tarnishing the credibility of the festival as a festival of contemporary music.

…in your opinion. As has been said Lizzo and Capaldi are younger than and at least as contemporary as Lana and you are talking about a festival that had Billie Eilish headline it at 20 last year.

I just don’t think they rate Lana as highly as you do.

3 minutes ago, Harry3 said:

Shouldnt have included them in your "list of legacy acts" then.

One common trend Ive noticed with deranged LDR fans on Instagram especially is how quick they are to tear down Lizzo despite her having absolutely nothing to do with any of this.

As they say pedantry is the last refuge of the witless. 

Love Lizzo too. But talent wise not in the same orbit as LDR. 

5 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

And honestly, what would have happened if she had? Would being on the Pyramid have magically made her start the show on time? She'd have been one of the most disappointing Pyramid headliners ever, it would be all over the papers as a total car crash "turns up late, doesn't finish show". And the amount of eyes on her in that situation, it would have been a potentially career-ending disaster.

Do you have tonights lottery numbers? 

Ha ha "career-ending disaster". Would her catalogue of music have been deleted? Bloke musicians are never subjected to this kind of unhinged drivel. 

3 minutes ago, Colorblindjames said:

As they say pedantry is the last refuge of the witless. 

Love Lizzo too. But talent wise not in the same orbit as LDR. 

i dont think you get that opinions can be different

the festival is not here to cater to just you as you seem to think it is

what age should the cut off be for acts to be booked as you seem to think anyone over a certain age should not be booked.

8 minutes ago, Harry3 said:

Shouldnt have included them in your "list of legacy acts" then.

One common trend Ive noticed with deranged LDR fans on Instagram especially is how quick they are to tear down Lizzo despite her having absolutely nothing to do with any of this.

"Deranged" ? Ah more every day sexism. 

Just now, Colorblindjames said:

"Deranged" ? Ah more every day sexism. 

screaming sexism when it isnt there does not make you more likely to win arguements. its a bit sad you have to resort to this nearly every other post.

you would of been the first to jump at the chance to berate Axl Rose if he was late.

just dont treat you fans like they are beneath you ...simple 

1 minute ago, pryce said:

i dont think you get that opinions can be different

the festival is not here to cater to just you as you seem to think it is

what age should the cut off be for acts to be booked as you seem to think anyone over a certain age should not be booked.

I'm not denying anyones opinion. I'm pointing out the hypocrisy of the festival and the misogyny on this thread. 

Just now, Colorblindjames said:

Do you have tonights lottery numbers? 

Ha ha "career-ending disaster". Would her catalogue of music have been deleted? Bloke musicians are never subjected to this kind of unhinged drivel. 

What would have been different if she'd been on Pyramid rather than Other? Why would she have started on time then when she didn't this time?

And yes, you're right, female musicians get it worse. Absolutely. That's my point. GnR can keep turning up late for everything, they'll still get subjected to "unhinged drivel" in places like this - it was one of the big talking points here when they were announced - but they still manage to keep going.

Whereas with female acts, people would use it as a stick to beat them with continuously. It'll happen now, but it'd been far worse if she was headlining the Pyramid - the sort of stuff you're reading today on this forum would have been all over the national papers and Good Morning Britain. She'd forever be up there when people discussed "worst Glastonbury headliner ever".

She had a narrow escape by not headlining the Pyramid. Unless of course, you think she'd have been on time had she played the Pyramid?

15 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

You make some good points, but I think you touch on the issue there - it's not about misogyny so much as it's about production version music. Yes, the hair is an important part of the "show" but generally this place is full of older punters who don't really care so much about the stage show as they do the music. It'd be more akin to Elton refusing to go on if the fireworks weren't ready and working for the first song. 

We'd all be saying the same stuff: just go on and play the bloody song. Yeah, it's a shame the pyros aren't working but you make do.

It's certainly a bias many here hold (and it's encapsulated by how much this forum generally hates Muse, who are one of the very few male-fronted rock bands who openly put more into the stage than the music...) but I don't think it's misogyny. 

They both took responsibility for the overrun and offered to pay the fine. Would Lana have done that? If she'd engaged with the festival production team at any point, they could maybe have come to some sort of agreement too. But she didn't. That's the difference. Breaking the curfew is doable if the artist and the festival are on the same page - it isn't if they are at odds.

This is just guesswork.

1 hour ago, DJL said:

The stuff about doing her hair would be if it wasn’t based on what she seems to have said and done.

What is this nonsense.

You're basically saying "if people were just making stuff up it would be misogynistic"

People would rightly be calling Axl out if he had a tantrum (something that might have happened). It's sh*t behaviour, it's the artists fault, and people are on here trying to defend them like idiots

11 minutes ago, Bobs said:

Wow. 

What an eventful few pages. 

Leave the name calling and false accusations for others. Not sure who this @Colorblindjamesis, but you need to calm down, and take a step back.

The facts are simple. They Pyramid has a later slot to stop any overcrowding from all crowds leaving at same time. All about safety. Additionally, the site has a curfew, they've scratched the surface of losing their license a fair few times, would 30 minutes make a difference? Probably not, but setting a precedent for other artists? That's where you'll encounter issues. 

LDR was late, despite warning and proceeded to ignore the calls. It's on her. You've paid money to see artists, bands and whatever else, and she didn't show up, she left you disappointed, not the festival. 

Hopefully not the end of her at Glastonbury as she seems to have absolutely hit the mark with lots of people, but show some respect to the organisers, fans and whoever else is involved.  

Are you in charge of this site? Are you new to social media? I'm not asking anyone engage with me on this thread.

Send me a link to the "facts". 

A warm welcome to the newest member of my Mount Rushmore of efestivals unrelenting super fandom

-Colorblindjames - Lana Del Ray

-Mat - Doja cat

-Suprefan - Bad Bunny

Still one slot up for grabs folks!

Edited by JonSnow