Tuesday Night Queue Crew

kalifire

We’ve just walked past the first in the queue at PGB & they look a happy bunch who are basically starting their Glastonbury now.

I think if you have the kind of personality to enjoy the queue as part of your festival, rather than see it as an interminable wait, and you feel that where you camp makes your week significantly better, then there’s no reason not to really.

I’m not that kind of person on either count but fair play to those that are. x

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I feel like they've opened a little earlier in the past. I'm a 30 minute drive away, trying to figure out when to leave

Similar here... Currently in Bath. Trying to balance arrival time with time spent sitting in the morning damp until gates open. Then there's the increased competition for spaces due to the campsite closure... Maybe set off 11.30..

33 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Similar here... Currently in Bath. Trying to balance arrival time with time spent sitting in the morning damp until gates open. Then there's the increased competition for spaces due to the campsite closure... Maybe set off 11.30..

People posting on Twitter they are already in the queue 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Loving these updates. My train isn't until 8.2am tomorrow so this is a great way to spend some time. Getting live on the ground reports from the queues. Almost there...!

17 minutes ago, p.pete said:

Gate A? 

Gate A has two queues. On one side, the people who arrive by coaches and shuttles. On the other, the car arrivals. They don’t see each other until they merge at the gate itself.

On the coach side, there are usually three lanes (See Coaches, National Express, and Rail or Drop Off Shuttle). Although you’re supposed to choose the lane that reflects how you arrived, there’s nothing stopping anyone from just picking the shortest queue. 

I usually arrive via the Showground at around 4:30am, just before the coaches start arriving. In 2019 there were six in front of me. Last year the three lanes merged into one and there were probably about a hundred people before me, many of whom got there early because of train strikes. 

This year, who knows? The PGA thread will begin soon!! 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Gate A has two queues. On one side, the people who arrive by coaches and shuttles. On the other, the car arrivals. They don’t see each other until they merge at the gate itself.

On the coach side, there are usually three lanes (See Coaches, National Express, and Rail or Drop Off Shuttle). Although you’re supposed to choose the lane that reflects how you arrived, there’s nothing stopping anyone from just picking the shortest queue. 

I usually arrive via the Showground at around 4:30am, just before the coaches start arriving. In 2019 there were six in front of me. Last year the three lanes merged into one and there were probably about a hundred people before me, many of whom got there early because of train strikes. 

This year, who knows? The PGA thread will begin soon!! 

Fingers crossed for you!  I was going to add if it was gate A then they're not really second in the queue as many coachloads will also arrive - but I don't know it in that detail, so v interesting!

26 minutes ago, Dreamingofsunnydays said:

Right, how to get to Gate B!? We are at the Well inn. Tried to do a bit of a scout around earlier to get into brown route but can’t find the entrance. Any help?

Sat Nav BA4 4LY - this is for local traffic, will get you on A37 where brown road is (east side of site, north of PYLLE).

Edited by Brendan110_00