Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

and what performances or artists do you think will be in Mordor, apart from the obvious ones? 

1 minute ago, scatteredscreens said:

I'd personally like Beth on Mordor as it means she won't be clashing with any of the above mentioned Mordor. Don't think it'll happen though 

2 minutes ago, diancieprince said:

and what performances or artists do you think will be in Mordor, apart from the obvious ones? 

I'd say it's not really possible to make an educated guess as to who will be on Mordor early,. Just too many possible candidates.

• Like 1

Personally feel like early Mordor slots are the lease desirable slots in the festival. Such a huge space and always feels empty even when a really hyped band is on. Amyl were main stage last time and as amazing as they were, they deserve their slot at a smaller stage where it's more of a party. I can see Primavera wanting to mix it up for the band and giving them a slot on a smaller stage when it's dark out. They have a habit of rotating bands in and out of the main stage.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Gnarler said:

Personally feel like early Mordor slots are the lease desirable slots in the festival. Such a huge space and always feels empty even when a really hyped band is on. Amyl were main stage last time and as amazing as they were, they deserve their slot at a smaller stage where it's more of a party. I can see Primavera wanting to mix it up for the band and giving them a slot on a smaller stage when it's dark out. They have a habit of rotating bands in and out of the main stage.

Totally agree see them late dice or even cupra 

10 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Agree with above comments. 

Extra complication as I wonder if some bands request the early Mordor slot if they have to play a daytime show somewhere in Europe the next day.

Yeah, Im sure it's a consideration,  especially for smaller bands who wont play the prime-time and it's either 18:00 or 3am. it's a big difference if you need to catch a flight and perform the following day

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, xxialac said:

I would be astonished if Beth Gibbons isn't on much later and clashing with one of those names. I know they won't but if only they could put her on in Auditori and early on, it would have been perfect.

I agree. They always need counter programming for the most popular acts so that’s where you favourite bands will play (the most painful clash you can think of it’s the one that will just happen)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BA_Barrabus said:

What time were Turnstile on at last year, and what was the crowd like at that time (it was early enough from memory as they were playing when we were walking past Mordor on the way to the fest)

They were on at 20.30 and then you had nxworries, new order, Halsey and blur (2 to 3.30). 
the crowd wasn’t that big at that time (I would say 2/3 of the space horizontally, extending from the stage to the bars in the middle of the space 

• Thanks 1

Might be a bit presumptuous of me, but I don't think they'll need generate big clashes on Thursday (Pulp x Vampire Weekend x Deftones x Beth Gibbons ), mainly because it's usually the day with the fewest people at the festival. They usually don't have big crowd controls that day. Another thing is that someone might have a very diverse taste or want to see artists from very different genres... (Freddie Gibbs & Madlib x Deftones for example) 

Similarly, I don't think artists like Kim Petras, Peggy Gou, and A.G Cook (for example), who cater to a specific audience, will clash that day. However, I do believe that on Friday and Saturday there will be deliberate big overlaps due to the bigger crowds 

Edited by diancieprince

9 minutes ago, diancieprince said:

Might be a bit presumptuous of me, but I don't think they'll need generate big clashes on Thursday (Pulp x Vampire Weekend x Deftones x Beth Gibbons ), mainly because it's usually the day with the fewest people at the festival. They usually don't have big crowd controls that day. Another thing is that someone might have a very diverse taste or want to see artists from very different genres... (Freddie Gibbs & Madlib x Deftones for example) 

Similarly, I don't think artists like Kim Petras, Peggy Gou, and A.G Cook (for example), who cater to a specific audience, will clash that day. However, I do believe that on Friday and Saturday there will be deliberate big overlaps due to the bigger crowds 

Yeah, the Thursday was practically empty in the first weekend in 2022 ; )

(kidding, I know what you mean)

Just took a look at a couple of Clash finders as wanted to see guesses for the Saturday. Not looking good for being able to catch Militarie Gun, Royel Otis, Lemon Twigs and Mitski.  If I had to pick two, I'd want to see Mitski and Lemon Twigs most. Won't be able catch anyone on the Sunday.

3 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

I don't really undestand the speculative clashfinders, they have never been close to the real one apart from the headliners.

Me neither for such a large festival as this. They make you think there is a clash when there isn't. And make you think you've avoided a clash when in fact there is one. Should be called clashnotfinder.

I have to say this year the clashfinder look very realistic. I think we ve learned. 
the most brutal clashes that could actually happen for me would be 

deftones - mannequin pussy 

Fka twigs/ pj harvey - Lankum 

vampire weekend/beth gibbons 

Edited by Whos3000_

1 hour ago, scatteredscreens said:

they're just a bit of fun

fair point, but then these type of comments ⬇️

18 minutes ago, Whos3000_ said:

I have to say this year the clashfinder look very realistic. I think we ve learned. 
the most brutal clashes that could actually happen for me would be 

deftones - mannequin pussy 

Fka twigs/ pj harvey - Lankum 

vampire weekend/beth gibbons 

suggest to people there is any knowledge at all about the timetable which there isn't. Apart from the headline and some electronic acts placing an act at any time on any stage is a completely wild guess.

This board is read by many more people than just those with accounts.

I think an example clashfinder (as in an old one) is very useful/fun, especially as gives someone new to the festival an idea of how the festival all fits together staging and time wise.

But totally agree with Quadrophobia. A guessed clashfinder will be miles out for identifying clashes. Way too many bands and stages. I don't want to look at my two favourite bands, think phew they don't clash, only to later find out that they do.