Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

1 minute ago, frankburns said:

In 2023, the last act at mordor started around 2am. So, maybe Justice 02:15-03:30, Pulp 00:30-02:00, VW 23:00-00:15.

Before VW it could be Deftones or Beth Gibbons. But maybe one of these two will end up on Amazon or Cupra. Beth Gibbons on Cupra would be great!

I think VW and Pulp will play longer. Headliners play more than 1:15 hours

1 hour ago, diancieprince said:

yeah she definitely closing Amazon,  herrensauna closing cupra, justice closing Mordor and ag cook probably plenitude 

Good call...and I will divide myself between Herrensauna and ag cook

My bets for the closings so far... 

Thursday

-Mordor: Justice

-Amazon: Peggy Gou

-Cupra: Herrensauna

-Plenitude: A. G. Cook

-Wharehouse: Kode9 

-Ron  Brugal: Billy Woods?

Friday

-Mordor: Diclosure

-Amazon: Arca? Jai Paul? 

-Cupra: TraTraTrax showcase 

-Plenitude: Barry Can't Swim

-Wharehouse: Eye dj set 

-Ron Brugal: Hi Tech

Saturday

-Mordor: Charli XCX

-Amazon: Romy

-Cupra: Teki Latex

-Plenitude: Sandwell District

-Wharehouse: Dj Fart in the club? Woody92? 

-Ron Brugal: Dorian Electra? Pelada? 

• Thanks 1

What’s the opinion here on Lana’s coachella sets? I really do like the songs she plays and I wouldn’t mind an atmospheric set rather then her trying something she is not to own a 70k+ stage. However, I can’t say I am impressed with her live delivery. I don’t think I twant to make an act of faith, given how good the counter programming will be 

Edited by Whos3000_

12 hours ago, Whos3000_ said:

What’s the opinion here on Lana’s coachella sets? I really do like the songs she plays and I wouldn’t mind an atmospheric set rather then her trying something she is not to own a 70k+ stage. However, I can’t say I am impressed with her live delivery. I don’t think I twant to make an act of faith, given how good the counter programming will be 

I feel similarly. I love some of her songs, but I watched her Glasto set on the telly last year and was really disappointed, and the few clips I've seen from coachella felt flat. Mordor will be rammed as well, so I'll go with the counterprogramming. Wonder who will be on Amazon when she's on?

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

Another vote for not being bothered by LDR. Kinda looking forward to going to the small stages that day and discovering some up and coming stuff.

think you've nailed the general strategy for the weekend this year..

Friday acts I'm excited for who won't be in mordor:

Barry Can't Swim 

Obongjayar 

Badbadnotgood 

Jai paul

Chelsea Wolfe

Clipse

Mount Kimbie

Maybe Tirzah

I'd see Lost Dinner Party too, reckon their afternoon Mordor material though 

21 hours ago, Whos3000_ said:

each to their own, but being down the front for her Glastonbury set last year was so good (cut off n all) -- special atmosphere imo

3 hours ago, LBare said:

Jai Paul would be amazing, indeed

I would be surprised if it’s not clipse+ someone else (hopefully not yo la tengo) given the huge crowd they will need to divert from LDR. I mean, we had nick cave vs bauhaus so I take that as the gold standard for what they might be able to conceive. 

30 minutes ago, allribena said:

Barry Can't Swim 

Obongjayar 

Badbadnotgood 

Jai paul

Chelsea Wolfe

Clipse

Mount Kimbie

Maybe Tirzah

+ Sega Bodega,Brutus ,Scowl Gel and many others... I already tried to see Lana once and I was falling asleep

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, allribena said:

I feel similarly. I love some of her songs, but I watched her Glasto set on the telly last year and was really disappointed, and the few clips I've seen from coachella felt flat. Mordor will be rammed as well, so I'll go with the counterprogramming. Wonder who will be on Amazon when she's on?

I think the top line lacks "bangers" in general. Lana, SZA, PJ Harvey...even Pulp to an extent can be quite mellow or moody for want of a better adjective.

Most of the "fun" will be carried by vampire weekend, disclosure, justice and the rest will have to be found lower down the card.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Drums Please Fab said:

I think the top line lacks "bangers" in general. Lana, SZA, PJ Harvey...even Pulp to an extent can be quite mellow or moody for want of a better adjective.

Most of the "fun" will be carried by vampire weekend, disclosure, justice and the rest will have to be found lower down the card.

Pulp having no bangers is a ridiculous take. They're definitely not mellow.

2 hours ago, allribena said:

Barry Can't Swim 

Obongjayar 

Badbadnotgood 

Jai paul

Chelsea Wolfe

Clipse

Mount Kimbie

Maybe Tirzah

I reckon Clipse could be Mordor tbf.

2 hours ago, scatteredscreens said:

Pulp having no bangers is a ridiculous take. They're definitely not mellow.

I did say "for want of a better adjective".

Dont get me wrong, im a Pulp fan, I'll be there watching....but bar disco 2000 and Common People I dont envisage it hitting the same heights as Blur with Song 2  , Girls and Boys etc for example. I dont see them winning over the neutrals.

Last year there was Kendrick, Fred Again, Blur , Skrillex, Depeche Mode and Rosalia to hype the local contingent. Even Calvin Harris for his sins.

I dont see an equivalent quantity of upbeat "communal atmosphere", "sing along" music at the top end.

I hope to be proven wrong and im very interested to see how it goes. Maybe I have finally reached the age where I am firmly out of touch with the zeitgeist.