Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

9 minutes ago, bobhoward said:

Thursday is Mordor heavy for me but this may end up being the most stacked PS day for me since I started going.. VW, Beth Gibbons, Deftones, Pulp and justice.. whew 

It's good that BG is doing a couple of gigs just before so will know what to expect. Crazy to think will be lots of people in the crowd who weren't born the last time she did a solo gig...

1 hour ago, diancieprince said:

Hope so too it’s getting a bit unserious that since November they don’t have touched the lineup even though we already know there is a big bunch of electronic acts to come and at least one replacement (space afrika out) 

By this date last year we already had que full P&B acts and the refreshed lineup with the ins and outs… 

My gut feeling is telling me that we will not have a “big” dance lineup like last year in P&B (otherwise they would have been part of the original announcement?).

I guess a smaller stage, with some smaller/local names?

Anyway, only a feeling. Happy to be proven wrong.

18 minutes ago, frankburns said:

He simply says that the festival lineup is a living entity, always open to changes and new additions. There are still things to be announced, such as the boiler room or small local names, but nothing more. He just jokes about releasing an exclusive, but obviously even if he had one, he couldn't say it.

In summary, he hasn't said anything new... 

• Thanks 3

Just now, diancieprince said:

He simply says that the festival lineup is a living entity, always open to changes and new additions. There are still things to be announced, such as the boiler room or small local names, but nothing more. He just jokes about releasing an exclusive, but obviously even if he had one, he couldn't say it.

Thanks, probably not really a surprise name then.

11 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

Thanks, probably not really a surprise name then.

Most likely... I don't feel there's a possibility of adding another big name. Probably, they'll add some medium or small-sized names (1-3) , but nothing more. The lineup feels already packed and completed tbh 

Edited by diancieprince
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, diancieprince said:

Most likely... I don't feel there's a possibility of adding another big name. Probably, they'll add some medium or small-sized names (1-3) , but nothing more. The lineup feels already packed and completed tbh 

Yeah, I think we will get at least 1 second line band but it might be a relatively unexpected name.

8 hours ago, xxialac said:

Blur played Girls and Boys at Coachella and was apparent the crowd had never heard it before. Times are changing...

I don't understand why blur were booked for coachella. According to a short interview they did with KROQ, their management was called one night at 11pm and they were given 5 minutes to decide. I wonder if it's the Coachella organisers sticking 2 fingers up at their influencer punters, or otherwise trying to demonstrate they are still rock fans by getting a big "heritage" esque rock band, any heritage esque rock band... 

4 hours ago, diancieprince said:

So no p&b replacement

10 hours ago, xxialac said:

image.png.0b40c9267ea356028394678ebc4b1f50.png

Hadn't really noticed just how solid the Sunday lineup is though I guess it could be spread across Poblenou (Razzmatazz) and Poble Sec (Apolo)

I don't reckon I'll have the strength for any gigs on Sunday but if American Football are placed in Apolo relatively early, I'll give it a go. Our flat is just a couple of minutes by foot from there

10 hours ago, xxialac said:

image.png.0b40c9267ea356028394678ebc4b1f50.png

Hadn't really noticed just how solid the Sunday lineup is though I guess it could be spread across Poblenou (Razzmatazz) and Poble Sec (Apolo)

Indeed lots of stuff in here I'm curious to see. Unfortunate (though logical) these are most if not all artists who are playing on Saturday, and therefore cannot help alleviate the real problem which is Thursday

13 minutes ago, Etaish said:

Indeed lots of stuff in here I'm curious to see. Unfortunate (though logical) these are most if not all artists who are playing on Saturday, and therefore cannot help alleviate the real problem which is Thursday

Completely agree. It does at least likely remove the clashes on Saturday and weren't going to be any clashes on Friday anyway for me so just leaves one (very!) clashy day.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Quadrophobia said:

I don't reckon I'll have the strength for any gigs on Sunday but if American Football are placed in Apolo relatively early, I'll give it a go. Our flat is just a couple of minutes by foot from there

9 minutes ago, albidc said:

Militarie Gun spoilering Paral·lel 62 lineup 

image.thumb.png.5d08ba08c4beedbe51843f8e409bf8b2.png

Man, as if someone heard my prayers up in heaven (Gabis office).

Parallel 62 is even better for me, hope I'll get a ticket for that.