Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

9 hours ago, justsaying said:

I hope to combine Barcelona and Porto this year. Has there previously been any 'Ciutat' in Porto?

No, no Ciutat in Porto. Perhaps something on Wednesday like previous years before pandemic, but nothing relevant.

It looks like the National finish playing Australasia in early March and their first gig back would then be the Friday night of Primavera, ahead of a longer European stint. So a pipe opener on the Wednesday would probably be useful for them.

Edited by Last_Exit

Abstract Concrete
Angelica Garcia
Ariox
Armand Hammer
Chica Gang
Cranes
Daniela Pes
Dave P
Desire
Fat Dog
Irreversible Entanglements
JJUUJJUU
John Francis Flynn
Johnny Jewel
Les Savy Fav
Mabe Fratti
Maustetytöt
JD Twitch
Rozi Plain
Sandra Monfort
SoFTT
Sweeping Promises
The Chameleons
The Dare
The Messthetics & James Brandon Lewis
The Mountain Goats
TIEMEI
Tristan!
Xebi SF

are exclusively at Ciutat

KuTo, Lara91k and Las Petunias don't have website entries yet. There seems to bre a DJ called lara91k, but the other two i can't find anything about. Gives me "Society Fun Lie" Vibes

I'll have to reverse my original verdict about this being weak. There is a lot od depth and quality in this. Many of the acts are better placed in clubs than open air stages I reckon. Depending on the programming of each night, I'll give it a go. Chameleons - Abstract Concrete - Cranes would be a great legends evening

50 minutes ago, Whos3000_ said:

Fka twigs, pulp, charli xcx and vampire weekend, deftones and Beth gibbons (jai Paul possibly?) better have strong albums incoming to make forget about the fact we are missing out on this smile gem 

I can't believe that The Smile, Air, DCFC/Postal Service, LCD Soundsystem are not going to be playing Primavera.

They seem like such obvious bookings.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

50 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Have Yo La Tengo ever done a 100% covers set before? If so, what sort of stuff did they play?

On their Hanukkah shows, for example, they do a lot of covers. It will be easy for them to put a show just of covers (that can be Fight for your Right of Beastie Boys to Pale Blue Eyes of Velvet Underground).

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Drums Please Fab said:

I can't believe that The Smile, Air, DCFC/Postal Service, LCD Soundsystem are not going to be playing Primavera.

They seem like such obvious bookings.

Air are playing doing Sonar, LCD and DCFC arriving too late in Europe for PS, but The Smile's non-booking is rather surprising.

There are really a lot of bands doing festivals in May/June that I would have liked to see in the PS-line-up : Mogwai, Osees, Slowdive, Belle And Sebastian. And I haven't even mentioned Massive Attack...

• Like 2

Think the trick with Ciutat is not to think of it a festival day but as a club night.

Normally if you went to a gig and saw two bands you enjoyed in one night that would be an amazing result. At Ciutat that is pretty achievable particularly given the quality of the ‘supports’.

5 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Think the trick with Ciutat is not to think of it a festival day but as a club night.

Normally if you went to a gig and saw two bands you enjoyed in one night that would be an amazing result. At Ciutat that is pretty achievable particularly given the quality of the ‘supports’.

Absolutely. I'm really happy with what's being offered this year for ciutat.

It is almost certain that the canceled name will be the National (perfect dates) but it seems really strange to create hype for an announcement like this, names like Pet Shop Boys, Beck Phoenix have been announced at Ciutat without any problem...

It would be sensational if it were a name not present in the lineup or some  unexpected reunion

Edited by Fabrizzo