Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

39 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

No idea why Coachella don't book SZA. She's probably bigger than Doja Cat.

It’s because SZA is headlining all of Livenation festivals in the USA and coachella is owned by goldenvoice which is their competitor. They try to book different headliners every year

10 minutes ago, birchtree29 said:

It’s because SZA is headlining all of Livenation festivals in the USA and coachella is owned by goldenvoice which is their competitor. They try to book different headliners every year

That makes sense. Also someone pointed out Camp Flog Gnaw had Tyler and SZA so it'd be the same line up. 

Biased because I have a primavera ticket but the primavera headliners genuinely look better than the Coachella ones.

8 minutes ago, Fabrizzo said:

So how do we explain this lack of dates in Spain? It's strange isn't it?

But this is simply not how booking works. Artists don't tick off countries on a tour but put together shows dependent on several factors. And sometimes, countries miss out. Especially the ones like Spain, which are further off the usual London - Paris - Amsterdam - Berlin rotation.

If there was an obvious gap, it could indicate a Spanish fest, but if there is none, it might just as well simply mean noc Spanish dates.

Edited by Quadrophobia
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

He's not a massive act. He's definitely the type of size I wouldn't be surprised to get added later.

He was the second biggest name in the third bracket of acts in 2019. I only expect acts from the lowest bracket to be added, apart from replacements for cancellations

1 hour ago, Quadrophobia said:

But this is simply not how booking works. Artists don't tick off countries on a tour but put together shows dependent on several factors. And sometimes, countries miss out. Especially the ones like Spain, which are further off the usual London - Paris - Amsterdam - Berlin rotation.

If there was an obvious gap, it could indicate a Spanish fest, but if there is none, it might just as well simply mean noc Spanish dates.

what caught my attention is that he is playing Portugal and not Spain. as a portuguese, I am used to see Portugal being left out of the tours, and not Spain 😂

43 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

governors-ball-2024-lineup-1705416916-10

oh lord this is bad

This can’t be the final line up… can it?!  It looks unfinished & i remember these guys boasting an equally stacked poster as Primavera (size, not always quality).  Taking back all my initial underwhelming feelings towards the Primavera line up this year!

Edited by livenstu