Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

5 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

Yeah but these are probably the biggest names they will get. Maybe a couple more of others and plus some spanish and latin names that they usually bring, but from the direction that they are taking I think Primavera looks much much better (not a big fan of this PS lineup), BKS looks even worse, although there are also many names missing. 

I hear you (and agree that PS will be stronger) but last year in the second batch BBK announced Phoenix, Fever Ray, M83, Royksopp and Idles so not exactly tiny names plus the non-headliners are (for my tastes) often the more interesting ones.

48 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I hear you (and agree that PS will be stronger) but last year in the second batch BBK announced Phoenix, Fever Ray, M83, Royksopp and Idles so not exactly tiny names plus the non-headliners are (for my tastes) often the more interesting ones.

Yeah yeah just not liking the first batch of names (a lot of names here) and although I would really like to see Massive Attack I still prefer Primavera, both the small and big names. Let’s start with the fact that booking Arcade Fire in 2023 is morally unacceptable and I cannot even compare it with Lana or Roisin saying some dumb sh*t vs physically assaulting people. 

1 hour ago, Memory Man said:

How is anyone still booking arcade fire

as others have said, one look at other euro and UK festivals, once all announced, will make primavera look strong in comparison.

I know Win was under a cloud last year, but haven't heard any update. Has he been convicted of anything or is it all still he said/she said?

Seen them at Cala Mijas and I have to be honest, they were simply incredible.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Festiv Val said:

Lana, SZA, PJ Harvey, Mitski, The National and Pulp all in for Porto 

From the Top Tiers its lacking Vampire Weekend, Deftones, FKA Twigs, Beth Gibbons, Disclosure, Phoenix, Bikini Kill, Clipse, Charli, Jai Paul, Rels B, Omar Apollo, Troye Sivan and Peggy Gou.

Quite a lot of omissions, but still a very respectable line up. Makes BKS look even worse.

v8xlh4ydw79o7b76k6jg_1701174714189.jpg

Edited by Quadrophobia
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Quadrophobia said:

From the Top Tiers its lacking Vampire Weekend, Deftones, FAK Twigs, Beth Gibbons, Disclosure, Phoenix, Bikini Kill, Clipse, Charli, Jai Paul, Rels B, Omar Apollo, Troye Sivan and Peggy Gou.

Quite a lot of omissions, but still a very respectable line up. Makes BKS look even worse.

I was hoping for a more guitar-y undercard - all the bands I'd like to have seen like Arab Strap, The Armed, Brutus, Deftones, Duster, Gel, Model/Actriz, Bikini Kill all missing 

12 minutes ago, Drums Please Fab said:

I know Win was under a cloud last year, but haven't heard any update. Has he been convicted of anything or is it all still he said/she said?

Seen them at Cala Mijas and I have to be honest, they were simply incredible.

Nothing else was said as far as I know but there were a lot of women, so that makes it more serious. Plus the fact that Arcade Fire made sh*t music after Reflektor (already their worst one until then) made them very meh for me. And I feel like they are doing festivals every year since 2017, personally I’ve seen them like 3 times in festivals, enough is enough for me. 

6 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

Nothing else was said as far as I know but there were a lot of women, so that makes it more serious.

It wasn't just the allegations it was the way he handled them. Five individual allegations of misbehaviour and noncensentual actions and he comes out to say "all this was consensual, here are other people who I did not abuse for proof" and "so sorry I cheated on my wife, but we are still a band". Not to speak of the age difference that he did not even acknoledge as a factor why his actions might've been hurtful to others.

Edited by Quadrophobia
  • Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

It wasn't just the allegations it was the way he handled them. Five individual allegations of misbehaviour and noncensentual actions and he comes out to say "all this was consensual, here are other people who I did not abuse for proof" and "so sorry I cheated on my wife, but we are still a band". Not to speak of the age difference that he did not even acknoledge as a factor why his actions might've been hurtful to others.

Were the age differences illegal? Were any of the girls under age when this was supposed to have happened?

Hopefully he gets convicted if the the non-consensual stuff is true.

I can usually book a full Airbnb for 4 people in poble nou for 50 € per night each and my flights cost max 150 €. So festival + travel costs will be around 500€. How much would I save going to primavera Porto? 
The line up difference is substantial for me and wouldn’t be worth saving like 100 euros 

Edited by Whos3000_

1 minute ago, Whos3000_ said:

I can usually book a full Airbnb for 4 people in poble nou for 50 € per night each and my flights cost max 150 €. So festival + travel costs will be around 500€. How much would I save going to primavera Porto? 
line up different is substantial for me and wouldn’t be worth saving like 100 euros 

Speak as someone who really likes Porto but if lineup is critical for you the difference between those costs and porto costs are not enough.

At Porto there are definitely times when nothing exciting is on. There’s so much less choice.

3 minutes ago, Whos3000_ said:

The line up difference is substantial for me and wouldn’t be worth saving like 100 euros 

Hotels and Airbnbs are much cheaper than in Barcelona but you have to do it now because the city is smaller so the offer is much smaller. They have a big Ryannair hub there so maybe you can find cheap flights there. The food is much cheaper than in Barcelona and better (for my taste). Uber and Bolt are super cheap, almost the same price as metro and buses. Unless you really like the lineup, I would recommend Porto. 

23 minutes ago, allribena said:

I wonder if Maquina will be added on in BCN, they're big in the underground scene in Portugal so they might have wanted to announce them there first, and they'd fit in a gap on the line up reveal

326944457_WhatsAppImage2023-11-21at12_09.33(1).thumb.jpeg.886759b5a5dbe671e9ddb7f05ae97d9a.jpeg.d24a41a247b29fa4eaaa759adecdab70.jpeg

I listened to these, they sound good. Hope they're added to Barcelona.

39 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

Hotels and Airbnbs are much cheaper than in Barcelona but you have to do it now because the city is smaller so the offer is much smaller. They have a big Ryannair hub there so maybe you can find cheap flights there. The food is much cheaper than in Barcelona and better (for my taste). Uber and Bolt are super cheap, almost the same price as metro and buses. Unless you really like the lineup, I would recommend Porto. 

42 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Speak as someone who really likes Porto but if lineup is critical for you the difference between those costs and porto costs are not enough.

At Porto there are definitely times when nothing exciting is on. There’s so much less choice.

Thank you! I have everything booked for Barcelona this year. I was thinking about Porto for the next year, given I’ve been to Barcelona 6 times and I’ve never visited Porto 

1 minute ago, Whos3000_ said:

Thank you! I have everything booked for Barcelona this year. I was thinking about Porto for the next year, given I’ve been to Barcelona 6 times and I’ve never visited Porto 

If you buy Porto early bird and book the hotel and flight tickets in advance it can cost at least half of what it would in Barcelona. Or even more, so that´s my advice. Porto festival was very nice when I went there, but it's true that they have less acts than Barcelona plus a lot of acts are Portuguese so you really need to like the lineup.

2 hours ago, Drums Please Fab said:

Were the age differences illegal? Were any of the girls under age when this was supposed to have happened?

Hopefully he gets convicted if the the non-consensual stuff is true.

You know that convictions never happen for sh*t like this. There is no smoke without fire. And theres a lot of smoke.

They wont be seen at primavera again i expect

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

You know that convictions never happen for sh*t like this. There is no smoke without fire. And theres a lot of smoke.

They wont be seen at primavera again i expect

Kevin Spacey has been acquitted on both sides of the water for "allegations". 

Like it or not, the courts is the only place these things should get judged.

The same law that protects all of us..