Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

20 minutes ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

Gabi tends to be poetic on this subjects... I wouldn't read too much into it, they tried to get them and failed, and he's disappointed

f**k Massive Attack, we don't want you here anymore 😇

Where are the good old days when a band tried to make up for a cancellation out of respect for their fans?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Whos3000_ said:

f**k Massive Attack, we don't want you here anymore 😇

Where are the good old days when a band tried to make up for a cancellation out of respect for their fans?

Joanna Newsom even got everyone a free drink on her "Have one on me" tour making up for a past cancellation. And when Lubomyr Melnyk had played a show in a venue unaffordable to most people in my city he came back a few months later to play a super small free concert in a poor neighbourhoods  church.

I do understand that bands have reasons to cancel and that making up for missed shows doesn't always work out. But doing a tour in the exact time and place of the gigs you missed two years ago and not making up for them isn't cool

Edited by Quadrophobia

3 minutes ago, xxialac said:

C’mon guys, cut them some slack - they cancelled because of a serious illness of one of the members, not because they needed more time to do their hair.  They don’t owe anyone anything.

True but I would expect that from anyone, but not from Massive Attack. And it's not about the money, it's just after 2 cancelations and plus after saying "if we tour we are going to be at Primavera for sure" and then just going somewhere for money is weird being Massive Attack. And how much else would another festival pay them? The difference is not that much probably. Anyway, this is just speculation, maybe Primavera did something bad on their side and that made Massive Attack not to come. 

17 minutes ago, Jamm said:

Has anyone typed up the line-up into an Excel or Google doc format yet?

I usually do to make a chart of "Must See / Want to see / Would like to see / Would watch / Not interested" but haven't had a chance yet.

I've not ranked them yet but have 35 names listed in a text doc

Just now, Drums Please Fab said:

Don't think it's the right type of festival? As in the bookings are bad?

I can say with good confidence, in reference to your strokes username, that the 35 acts I have listed will probably put on a better performance than the terrible Strokes set in 2022 😂

• Like 2

Just now, Drums Please Fab said:

Don't think it's the right type of festival? As in the bookings are bad?

These posts are getting a bit boring now.

Not the best Primavera line-up, not the worst, but every year I make an effort to listen to every artist on the line-up and every year I discover new great music at least.

Explore the under-card, no one is forcing you to go either.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Jamm said:

These posts are getting a bit boring now.

Not the best Primavera line-up, not the worst, but every year I make an effort to listen to every artist on the line-up and every year I discover new great music at least.

Explore the under-card, no one is forcing you to go either.

As do I Jamm. I go to most of the Spanish festivals most years. I live here. And I, like you, listen to as many of the bands that I can before I go and have a butchers on pitchfork etc to see if there is any clues or pointers about back catalogue or hidden gems.

I as a paying punter (early bird) am entitled to say that they fluffed their lines with this edition. 

I like Aimee Mann and the Innocence Mission for example, but had they been booked  im not going to come on here going "unmissable", "nailed it" when clearly they would be boring and inappropriate at 10pm outdoors with ten beers in you.

The arrogance of some posters here "you need to listen to more music", "this isn't the festival for you".

Think they are the f**king gatekeepers of good taste or something.

3 minutes ago, Drums Please Fab said:

As do I Jamm. I go to most of the Spanish festivals most years. I live here. And I, like you, listen to as many of the bands that I can before I go and have a butchers on pitchfork etc to see if there is any clues or pointers about back catalogue or hidden gems.

I as a paying punter (early bird) am entitled to say that they fluffed their lines with this edition. 

I like Aimee Mann and the Innocence Mission for example, but had they been booked  im not going to come on here going "unmissable", "nailed it" when clearly they would be boring and inappropriate at 10pm outdoors with ten beers in you.

The arrogance of some posters here "you need to listen to more music", "this isn't the festival for you".

It’s got nothing to do with good taste, it’s a simple case of you writing that you are only interested in less than 3% of the bands on offer and the conclusion being that at that level this can’t be your kind of festival.

7 minutes ago, xxialac said:

It’s got nothing to do with good taste, it’s a simple case of you writing that you are only interested in less than 3% of the bands on offer and the conclusion being that at that level this can’t be your kind of festival.

3% at first glance chief. I have until end of May to get through the other stuff on my commute and in work. I can't listen to the full poster in 3 days.

As I alluded to in my first post today, I gave SZA and Mitski the weekend, out cycling, driving to work etc. I was aware of both before, black panther etc, but I had them on constant rotation......nice sure, bit vanilla, 6/10 score id say, would never go to see either individually and don't see how it transfers to an exciting night in Mordor in SZA's case.

14 minutes ago, Drums Please Fab said:

I am hardly gatekeeping, there is genuinely loads of good stuff on the line up that you should genuinely listen to to get some more names on your must see list. 

• Like 1

I watched My Morning Jacket's gig from this year again yesterday and it was as good as I remember. I'd never listened to them until they were on the lineup and quickly realised they were for me. Looking forward to finding this year's undiscovered nugget. 

Also watched TWOD set and the feed didn't do it justice as it was one of my highlights of the entire weekend. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Drums Please Fab said:

3% at first glance chief. I have until end of May to get through the other stuff on my commute and in work. I can't listen to the full poster in 3 days.

Exactly!
So maybe your excel spreadsheet will end up with loads of names in green when you have time to listen to the undercard. I hope so…

41 minutes ago, xxialac said:

If there’s a god we will get the day splits and a ciutat lineup today so we can discuss that.

I’m sorry for those who don’t like the lineup but it’s the only one we are getting.

I really expected them to publish the day splits today, specially because Gabi said on the forum that they had some problems (probably Carly dropping out) but that they have fixed those problems, and also the fact that Primavera Porto is dropping their lineup tomorrow so I guess it could be ready by then. But I am bit skeptical now. 

24 minutes ago, Drums Please Fab said:

…and don't see how it transfers to an exciting night in Mordor in SZA's case.

I saw SZA in London in the summer and it was amazing - among my very favourite shows this year (right up there with Rosalía @ Primavera and Bon Iver). She’s a superb live act, will be great fun!