Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

7 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

That's a bit too early to drop the lineup no? As far as I remember it was always coming in the afternoon and the earliest is like like 12PM spanish time. But hopefully it comes at 10AM Spanish time, the earlier the better, don't want to be shocked during lunch 

Last year it was 11AM spanish time.

What could be the act that both Primavera and NorthSide are holding? As far as I know NorthSide is not into having very big international acts or very exclusive acts, out of the ones mentioned before idk what can it be? SZA? Lana? Travis Scott?

Cause the likes of The National, Janes Addiction, Pulp, PJ Harvey were already announced in other festivals. 

4 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

What could be the act that both Primavera and NorthSide are holding? As far as I know NorthSide is not into having very big international acts or very exclusive acts, out of the ones mentioned before idk what can it be? SZA? Lana? Travis Scott?

Cause the likes of The National, Janes Addiction, Pulp, PJ Harvey were already announced in other festivals. 

They had the likes of Muse or Nick Cave the last couple years so I'd say they are looking at equally sized acts as PS. Could really be anything.

Northside used to have the same promoter as Hurricane/Southside in Germany and thus had synergy in booking, but has been independent from them for a couple of years now and has apparently looked at PS for booking what they bring to Europe in early June.

Edited by Quadrophobia
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

They had the likes of Muse or Nick Cave the last couple years so I'd say they are looking at equally sized acts as PS. Could really be anything.

Or nothing. The release schedule is almost identical to last year's one, I don't think there's any embargo in play.

About female headliners:

What's with Bjork? Is she doing anything next year? As far as I remember her last time at Primavera was back in 2018 and this year she gave a Madrid concert but no Barcelona date was announced.

Regarding SZA, I feel like it's the most probable name we can get, although there are no European and only LATAM, I still feel like it's her.

Lana could be a possible addition, but I can't see any dates so no idea if she's touring.

Karol G for me is 95% in, but I doubt they will add her as headliner. 

1 minute ago, festivalguy97 said:

About female headliners:

What's with Bjork? Is she doing anything next year? As far as I remember her last time at Primavera was back in 2018 and this year she gave a Madrid concert but no Barcelona date was announced.

Regarding SZA, I feel like it's the most probable name we can get, although there are no European and only LATAM, I still feel like it's her.

Lana could be a possible addition, but I can't see any dates so no idea if she's touring.

You cannot put Karol G anywhere but in the headline.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

About female headliners:

I think all of them are possible but I'd prefer Nelly Furtado to any (or all) of them.

14 minutes ago, pipan said:

I think all of them are possible but I'd prefer Nelly Furtado to any (or all) of them.

I totally forgot about her, and after 2023 edition it wouldn't surprise if they brought her.

Another artist that I feel is a big possibility is Kylie Minogue, specially because of her new album, don't know if she can have a headliner status tho, but maybe she can.

21 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

About female headliners:

Bjork has recently said her current touring thing (cornucopia?) is finished now. I'm not expecting any new dates from her.

6 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

I totally forgot about her, and after 2023 edition it wouldn't surprise if they brought her.

Another artist that I feel is a big possibility is Kylie Minogue, specially because of her new album, don't know if she can have a headliner status tho, but maybe she can.

I can definitely see her doing the Wednesday night as per that fake poster

2 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Have The Smile shifted tickets that fast? I mean, I thought they probably would sell out - even without that many people caring about their tunes, it's Thom Yorke after all - but not necessarily straight out of the gate.

They're great live, the debut album was really good imo and as you said, it's Thom Yorke and Jonny Greenwood. I'm not surprised they're so popular. In fact I was very surprised they played Cupra last time as I thought they'd be too big - but it was perfect.