Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

24 minutes ago, UsernameHere said:

We were at Novotel as well funnily enough. But I'm thinking short walking distance. My least favourite thing about this festival is getting back to the hotel each night. Such a ball ache.

In 2019 we stayed at Occidental Atenea Mar which was about 15 minutes walk from the festival entrance. But at four in the morning I actually prefer short tram ride straight to the hotel to 15 minutes walk. But I see your objective is to get even closer.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, pipan said:

In 2019 we stayed at Occidental Atenea Mar which was about 15 minutes walk from the festival entrance. But at four in the morning I actually prefer short tram ride straight to the hotel to 15 minutes walk. But I see your objective is to get even closer.

I stayed there 17-19 and it was fine, unfortunately they have doubled their prices since then, becoming pretty unreasonable. Was at Vincci Bit this year, 10min walk just past the shopping centre. Highly recommendable.

14 hours ago, pipan said:

They literally confirmed that it applies also to the already bought early bird tickets, so I think you're going to be fine.

I wish… they mailed back … you have to buy a full festival ticket with 30% discount code and then email Dice who will refund your early bird …..

IMG_1683.jpeg

10 hours ago, brosch said:

I stayed there 17-19 and it was fine, unfortunately they have doubled their prices since then, becoming pretty unreasonable. Was at Vincci Bit this year, 10min walk just past the shopping centre. Highly recommendable.

No more availability 😞 

2 hours ago, RifleSmile said:

I wish… they mailed back … you have to buy a full festival ticket with 30% discount code and then email Dice who will refund your early bird …..

IMG_1683.jpeg

Ouch, sorry, I can't believe they have the audacity to ask you to buy another ticket so that the discount isn't inconvenietly high for them.

Edited by pipan

42 minutes ago, UsernameHere said:

Maybe I'm being a grumpy snob but I seriously hope they're not looking at spending a big chunk of the budget on the likes of Coldplay and The Killers. 

This is my concern, last year they had no problem calling Halsey and Calvin Harris, I fear some bad surprises again this year

3 hours ago, ibo said:

Oh my goood I would hate that. Coldplay killers etc 

Hopefully they get back to the PS spirit 

The undercard last year was literally the 'PS spirit' imo. Only Calvin, Skrillex and Halsey were odd picks that might be due to the Madrid edition and wanting to compete with Mad cool. Now that's gone maybe there's less of those bookings. Who knows!

12 hours ago, scatteredscreens said:

The undercard last year was literally the 'PS spirit' imo. Only Calvin, Skrillex and Halsey were odd picks that might be due to the Madrid edition and wanting to compete with Mad cool. Now that's gone maybe there's less of those bookings. Who knows!

They booked big pop headliners before Madrid too. I'd say expect at least one a year - I don't think it'll be Coldplay, and I'd say the Killers aren't too likely (but far from impossible), but 2022 had Dua Lipa, Megan Thee Stallion, 2019 had J Balvin, Miley Cyrus and was meant to have Cardi B, 2018 had Migos (albeit they cancelled) and Lorde. The planned events in 2020 and 2021 had popstars in the line ups too. 

Every major festival has more of a sprinkling of pop and hip hop than it did five and ten years ago. It's because it's popular and shifts tickets. PS is no different there. If they want to sell 80,000 tickets, they can't repeat 2011, 2012, and 2013 (even if those top lines were way more to my taste than more recent editions). 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, chilirocker said:

They’re probably including the Sunday brunch event as a day. 

And not include the Monday, the Tuesday and the Wednesday? We know Ciutat is taking place next year as usual.

Feels like they in the past they included all the days (much more commonly) only the three main days.

It also has this information under tickets.

image.png.f2ced609c387235681f927f950af4105.png

2 hours ago, ConfidenceMan said:

They booked big pop headliners before Madrid too. I'd say expect at least one a year - I don't think it'll be Coldplay, and I'd say the Killers aren't too likely (but far from impossible), but 2022 had Dua Lipa, Megan Thee Stallion, 2019 had J Balvin, Miley Cyrus and was meant to have Cardi B, 2018 had Migos (albeit they cancelled) and Lorde. The planned events in 2020 and 2021 had popstars in the line ups too. 

Every major festival has more of a sprinkling of pop and hip hop than it did five and ten years ago. It's because it's popular and shifts tickets. PS is no different there. If they want to sell 80,000 tickets, they can't repeat 2011, 2012, and 2013 (even if those top lines were way more to my taste than more recent editions). 

Yeah very true. I think Calvin was maybe too far over the line but yeah. Honestly, MTS, Dua and Lorde still have a fair bit of crossover from some music fans. But you're spot on yeah.

5 hours ago, scatteredscreens said:

Yeah very true. I think Calvin was maybe too far over the line but yeah. Honestly, MTS, Dua and Lorde still have a fair bit of crossover from some music fans. But you're spot on yeah.

All of the previous poppy bookings have that kind of ‘Pitchfork seal of approval’ thing where they’re pretty critically acclaimed and beloved by a lot of music nerds because they’re actually good. Calvin doesn’t have that at all and is just a bait chart chasing EDM guy. Hopefully his booking was just a bit of an oversight rather than a sign of where the festival is gonna be heading at large, because that would be a huge shame. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

All of the previous poppy bookings have that kind of ‘Pitchfork seal of approval’ thing where they’re pretty critically acclaimed and beloved by a lot of music nerds because they’re actually good. Calvin doesn’t have that at all and is just a bait chart chasing EDM guy. Hopefully his booking was just a bit of an oversight rather than a sign of where the festival is gonna be heading at large, because that would be a huge shame. 

Exactly this, was gonna mention the 'pitchfork approval'

On 7/20/2023 at 7:13 PM, pipan said:

The Killers definitely surprised me since Primavera has never booked them before but I wouldn't call it a poor booking. I'm yet to see them for the first time next month so can't say anything about their live performances, but I loved their first two records and the newest one is actually pretty good too.

Would Post Malone be a shout?

Edited by Drums Please Fab

On 7/22/2023 at 10:11 AM, Fabrizzo said:

Coldplay's European tour kicks off in June with no dates in Spain...

They already did Spain. They filled the olympic stadium in Barca for 3 nights in May this year the week before Primavera.

The dates added in 2024 are for cities that were missed first time around.

Edited by Drums Please Fab