Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

2 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Does feel like if they were playing they would close the auditori. The auditori is pretty massive however so I don't think they are necessarily too big for it.

Or, they further shifted the auditorium schedule to make it clash with everything else even more than last year 

4 minutes ago, Whos3000_ said:

Or, they further shifted the auditorium schedule to make it clash with everything else even more than last year 

From memory the schedule is broadly the same every single year. Personally I wish they put the best stuff on between 4pm and 7pm to reduce clashes (and would be good for encouraging people there earlier).

2 minutes ago, xxialac said:

From memory the schedule is broadly the same every single year. Personally I wish they put the best stuff on between 4pm and 7pm to reduce clashes (and would be good for encouraging people there earlier).

& more beer/food sales that way. 

4 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I remain stubbornly convinced we won't have to wait until tomorrow (or Friday). Today's the day, surely.

I feel the same. the only thing that makes me doubt it is that they havn't published any other thing yet - maps and replacements.
they can always do it all at once, but it sounds weird, especially if we're talking about maybe replacing headliner + second liner, big names usually get announced, not as part of lineup drop

2 minutes ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

I feel the same. the only thing that makes me doubt it is that they havn't published any other thing yet - maps and replacements.
they can always do it all at once, but it sounds weird, especially if we're talking about maybe replacing headliner + second liner, big names usually get announced, not as part of lineup drop

maybe it means Twigs is still in

1 minute ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

I think the changes will be minimal and therefore theyre not making a big deal about it and will probably do it with the stage times.

The map can just be next week there's no huge rush to get it out. Especially as the site layout is largely going to stay the same by the sounds of it interview.

2 minutes ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

Fair points.

They could however announce the replacements and then drop the timetable later the same day.

I think it's also ok to drop the timetable late on one day and then make an official announcement about it the next morning.

I don't think there will be any replacement for Kim Petras now. Maybe if it was earlier in the year, you could announce a new name and it'd help with sales. But two weeks before it starts, probably not. However I will be happy to see any replacements!

I think is more laziness or not wanting to establish a precedent that they have to keep changing the poster and across all their channels than anything malicious. 

If it were a top line name prior to May, they would feel compelled to do so but would also likely be able to slot in a replacement.

2 minutes ago, frankburns said:

No problem with Shellac still on the poster, but why haven't they removed Kim Petras?

https://www.primaverasound.com/en/barcelona

When removed, the gap has to be filled with a replacement. Well, if there is a replacement planned. And I don't think there will be. Therefore they are not touching things.

3 minutes ago, UsernameHere said:

I don't think they ever update the poster before the official announcement of all the dropouts and additions, do they? 

They have updated Porto.

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

I might be wrong but exactly the opposite happened from 2022 to 2023. Last year we had Boris, Laurie Anderson and Swans clashing with headliner slots. This wasn’t happening before or am I wrong? 

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

Does feel like if they were playing they would close the auditori. The auditori is pretty massive however so I don't think they are necessarily too big for it.

To me, Lankum definitely feels like a band that should be in the Auditori. But the week after Primavera, they are playing a big outdoor show in Dublin. Support from Mogwai, Black Country New Road, Mercury Rev and others. So at the very least, they've some idea in mind for one outdoor (or perhaps tented? But not a permanent setting) show. Maybe they can make a Rayban show work? 

1 minute ago, ConfidenceMan said:

To me, Lankum definitely feels like a band that should be in the Auditori. But the week after Primavera, they are playing a big outdoor show in Dublin. Support from Mogwai, Black Country New Road, Mercury Rev and others. So at the very least, they've some idea in mind for one outdoor (or perhaps tented? But not a permanent setting) show. Maybe they can make a Rayban show work? 

Wow I did not realise they were THAT big. That support lineup is strooooong. Obviously a home show for them there but even at Primavera they might be too big for the Auditori. 

8 minutes ago, Whos3000_ said:

I might be wrong but exactly the opposite happened from 2022 to 2023. Last year we had Boris, Laurie Anderson and Swans clashing with headliner slots. This wasn’t happening before or am I wrong? 

My memory is hazy but I'm pretty sure the last act is always on about 9pm which means always clashing with one of the biggish names at Mordor.

4 minutes ago, ConfidenceMan said:

they did outdoor shows last year, one at Green man. and they have many other outdoor ones this year, Glasto, EOTR, supporting Massive Attack in Bristol

they'll be fine outdoors

Just now, Gnarler said:

Wow I did not realise they were THAT big. That support lineup is strooooong. Obviously a home show for them there but even at Primavera they might be too big for the Auditori. 

Idles played a relatively small slot at a Spanish festival I went to last year. Definitely in some countries acts get a higher profile/billing.

And the auditori is, what, more than 3,000 people capacity. It's not small!