Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

2 hours ago, TapeRecorder said:

I got a reply saying "Verrrrry soon" in regards to timetables. Helpful I know...

This has a comical resemblance to the Disintegration loops we've been discussing. Its the same two words over and over and they lose mpre and more substance the further time progresses

Edited by Quadrophobia
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, xxialac said:

For Barcelona residents, L'Imperatrice are coming back later in the year. Handy given they will definitely clash with another couple of strong acts.

Following on from this, I was at Future Islands in Madrid last night.

They are playing Razzmatazz tonight and I recommend anyone local there try and blag a ticket.

They were simply incredible.

Sam Herring is some front man.

5 minutes ago, Drums Please Fab said:

Bit of a damp squib this year by all accounts. 

from what I gather on reddit many people - especially Americans it seems - have completely underestimated the cost and logistical difficulty of attending this year.

Think some last minute buyers will get a bargain - I still think it's great value this year - sure you'll get 90 minute sets so a little truncated but I have paid 214 euros - last year I paid about £100 for LDR, £60 (six times) for Pulp, £55 (seven times) for The National. Just the four shows those three are playing covers the ticket price before anything else (granted it's a little thin for me).

I have Last Dinner Party, Chelsea Wolfe, Julie Byrne, Ethel Cain and hopefully they'll be a good few newer bands added (like Blondshell last year). If not, craft beer in Barcelona it is.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Ecclestone82 said:

Think some last minute buyers will get a bargain - I still think it's great value this year - sure you'll get 90 minute sets so a little truncated but I have paid 214 euros - last year I paid about £100 for LDR, £60 (six times) for Pulp, £55 (seven times) for The National. Just the four shows those three are playing covers the ticket price before anything else (granted it's a little thin for me).

I have Last Dinner Party, Chelsea Wolfe, Julie Byrne, Ethel Cain and hopefully they'll be a good few newer bands added (like Blondshell last year). If not, craft beer in Barcelona it is.

Oh it’s definitely good value. The continental festivals generally are to be fair. But like you say, pottering around the city and heading in to catch the odd band might the order of the day as opposed to more time onsite. The last few times I went there would be FOMO in our group as we got close to the festival and some of our gang would scramble for last minute tickets by any means and any price . I couldn’t give away free ones this year. There is no interest.

8 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

from what I gather on reddit many people - especially Americans it seems - have completely underestimated the cost and logistical difficulty of attending this year.

Yep, there have been some crazy posts. Someone was considering sleeping in the park and there have been loads pretty recently asking if anyone has a spare couch. Personally I don't get why you would travel across the world to sleep in a park, but that's just me.

4 minutes ago, Ecclestone82 said:

You may get a bargain ticket but will be paying a lot more in accommodation and travel costs unless you are a Barcelona resident already.

9 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

The hotels are chunky money these days to be fair. I’m lucky as a Spanish resident I can get to Barca for peanuts. But I do my conkers on the hotels.  I’m a boujie 39 year old now so can’t slum it in hostels etc anymore 😀

I totted it up last year and I could have gone on a nice holiday to Asia for what we spent at Primavera.

3 minutes ago, UsernameHere said:

Yep, there have been some crazy posts. Someone was considering sleeping in the park and there have been loads pretty recently asking if anyone has a spare couch. Personally I don't get why you would travel across the world to sleep in a park, but that's just me.

Jaypers. That’s extreme. 

I need 3 showers a day in that Barcelona heat. Cant fathom sleeping in a f**king park with no facilities!

1 minute ago, Drums Please Fab said:

Jaypers. That’s extreme. 

I need 3 showers a day in that Barcelona heat. Cant fathom sleeping in a f**king park with no facilities!

Also, chances are you'll be robbed

PS has cost me close to a thousand € this year (not considering food and other expenses during my stay), which is okay for a week long holiday but Its a lot more than I shelled out in earlier years.

From the uk you cant do it comfortably for much less than £1k

its around £600 at least before you’ve even landed or spent anything on food or drink in barcelona or the festival

i booked my accom and flights in november but was just waiting on a cheap entry ticket, it was obvious it wouldnt sell out and that spares would be reasonable close to the time. The final price for general admission today on dice of 341.70 euro is absurd. Surely not many will be paying that.

Its just short of £300 or £100 a day

Edited by Memory Man