Men what are we wearing?

airwaves

I find football shirts at Glastonbury almost as irritating as oversized country flags in front of stages. Just feels out of place to me. 

Got some leggings and few fancy things I was planning to wear at boomtown last year. Bailed in the end as heat was so extreme (30C +). Ended up just wearing the same thing all weekend; a flowery short sleeved shirt and some shorts I originally I took for sleeping in. Found that one shirt kept its shape and colour when soaking wet (from taps) was like wearing a magic heat shield. 

Edited by I am Jon

1 hour ago, kalifire said:

- Underwear for each day plus a spare (blister proof socks) 

- Two pairs of shorts

- T-shirt for each day plus a spare

- Two hoodies 

- Completely unnecessary poncho

- Walking boots 

Um, this is my exact packing list. But with separate driving clothes left in the car, too. Are you spying on me? 👀

Football shirts are out for me, unless it’s a thoroughly leftfield team like Union Dt Gilloise, or Flamengo, or Inverurie Locos. Pick something interesting!

Standard southern blokes wearing Liverpool or Man United shirts (and calling other southern blokes ‘scousers’ or ‘mancs’ accordingly based on their glory hunting choice when a ten yr old kid) is a ridiculous sight, and tends to degenerate conversations accordingly. There’s no need for division, parochial arguments and all that, park it at the gates and get back to it in august. It’s summer! 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, I am Jon said:

I find football shirts at Glastonbury almost as irritating as oversized country flags in front of stages. Just feels out of place to me.

5 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

Football shirts are out for me, unless it’s a thoroughly leftfield team like Union Dt Gilloise, or Flamengo, or Inverurie Locos. Pick something interesting!

Yea totally ridiculous 

My list:

- Army Boots

- Trainers

- 7x socks for boots

- 7x short socks

- 6 x boxers (may not use if gets really hot 😉)

- 2 x short sleeved shirts

- 4 x T-Shirts

- 2 x Hoodie’s (one warm & one super light)

- Waterproof Poncho

- Outdoors type trousers

- Convertible trousers

- 2 x Shorts

- Big flowery sun hat

- Flowery flared leggings

- Contemplating fishnets to complete the army boot & shorts look 🤔

Can never have too many socks!

Edited by I am Jon

Gone a bit overkill with clothes but worst case I leave it in the car

6 outfits (Tues-Sun) + 2 tees I don't care about for the journey there and back

5 tops (black, white and grey), 5 funky shirts for layering, 1 'eclectic' football shirt (definitely not EFL or PL),

1 long sleeve, 1 light jacket, 1 thicker jumper, 1 waterproof (certified pessimist)

2 shorts, 1 light joggers

Socks and boxers

Beaten trainers, Walking Boots, flip flops

5 hats both baseball and bucket (might drop down to 3)

up to 3 sunglasses

Edited by Dejalves

In general, I don't like mixing sports and music festivals either with the whole rivalry possibility stuff etc, although I have noticed a few performers (esp DJs for some reason?) wearing them. Never heard of Football Fri or Sat, or whatever it is.

Having said that, I love a retro shirt.

Don't think my Mid-New Jersey shirt will give anyone in the bogs the heebie-jeebies. Got it when I was 14 doing a football exchange with their state under-16s. Love it to bits. Prob doesn't fit me now the middle-aged spread has arrived 😅

No description available.

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Yokel Again said:

Remember when we just used to take our oldest clothes 😆

(Yes, old mans shouts at cloud).

I mostly still do. Although all my clothes now are pretty new (or new to me at least) as I lost a load of weight and had to replace everything I owned

3 minutes ago, Justcalledtosay said:

That’s the one. In action below from when I took my nephew to the national football museum. That’s a great day out btw. Would recommend. Couldn’t help but get a pic with the only trophy we’ve won!

5DD58ED6-2834-459A-AC11-81A73EDA3A10.thumb.jpeg.c7a8919d9a97ef50e7e6d83ed21110c7.jpeg

Yep, that's it. Great shirt. Gotta admit though, I do not recognise this trophy? Like, a version of the Carabao Cup, the Coca Cola Cup!?

A hat made from tree bark that a friend gave me, it has a colourful band around it from a hat that my late father gave me.

Another up vote for Pretty Green, I'll take my PG fish print shirt.

Pair of old sketchers with memory foam sole, super comfortable for standing a long time in. It's not going to rain.

Spare pair of pants. As everyone knows, changing your pants is as good as having a shower. Stay fresh.

1 hour ago, Justcalledtosay said:

That’s the one. In action below from when I took my nephew to the national football museum. That’s a great day out btw. Would recommend. Couldn’t help but get a pic with the only trophy we’ve won!

5DD58ED6-2834-459A-AC11-81A73EDA3A10.thumb.jpeg.c7a8919d9a97ef50e7e6d83ed21110c7.jpeg

Lovely kit that. I'll be rocking my 94-95 Boro away kit this year. Feel like no matter what forum or social media I look on I can't escape you Humpty 😉

Think I might have to bring out the Cameroon 2002 shirt this year if football shirts irritate people.

Usually see a few Boro shirts at the festival, 5 of us from the area although I'm located down south now, the other 4 are travelling down Wednesday morning.

• Upvote 1

All for footy shirts at festivals with a few caveats:
- Not your own team's current kit, esp if you support a big club, something retro fine. 

- Absolutely no banter names or own names on the back

- A co-ordinated day for anything is bad craic