Crew Bars 2023

stuie

Tow & Hitch (Arcadia) 

Stacking up the original rave legends this year we have special guest Phil Hartnoll from Orbital providing us with a DJ set playing Friday night 11:30pm.. 

Make sure you get down for this one as a rare chance to see one the UK top ranking electronic music pioneers throw down some beats in our intimate backstage venue.  

#halcyon
#Lush
#belfast
#acidhouse
#orbital
#techno

16 minutes ago, stuie said:

Tow & Hitch (Arcadia) 

Stacking up the original rave legends this year we have special guest Phil Hartnoll from Orbital providing us with a DJ set playing Friday night 11:30pm.. 

Make sure you get down for this one as a rare chance to see one the UK top ranking electronic music pioneers throw down some beats in our intimate backstage venue.  

#halcyon
#Lush
#belfast
#acidhouse
#orbital
#techno

Can performers from other areas access Tow & Hitch or is it only staff for that area?

28 minutes ago, Justiceforcedave said:

Can performers from other areas access Tow & Hitch or is it only staff for that area?

28 minutes ago, whoisjarv said:

awesome.

does everyone working in some capacity (including volunteers for different charities etc) get access to tow and hitch / all the crew bars?

Some crew bars are more exclusive than others and some will prioritise their own teams.  Generally speaking, if there's space in the Tow & Hitch then any crew will be allowed in. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stuie said:

Some crew bars are more exclusive than others and some will prioritise their own teams.  Generally speaking, if there's space in the Tow & Hitch then any crew will be allowed in. 

Can confirm, last year - Friday afternoon me and a few buddies got in OK, they only had Maceos bands, but later (after 11pm ish, it's a bit blurry) it was one in, one out and Arcadia bands only.

2 minutes ago, paulshane said:

Can confirm, last year - Friday afternoon me and a few buddies got in OK, they only had Maceos bands, but later (after 11pm ish, it's a bit blurry) it was one in, one out and Arcadia bands only.

So not even crew!

Wow

4 minutes ago, paulshane said:

My interpretation of this would be that they were public with some passed on Block9 bands, not crew? 

46 minutes ago, paulshane said:

yeah, one of their friends got them Maceos bands (presumably from Maceos)

I was able to do this in 2019. I had a T&C crew band and I asked in Maceos if I could have some wristbands for my friends and they gave me 8 or 10 or so.

Just now, pilton digger said:

FYI - the bin painters have been told that the crew bars will be very limited on giving out paper bands this year.  Expectation is they will be hard to get.

Don't tell me this I'm an Oxfamer and I was looking forward to seeing what they were about!

2 minutes ago, pilton digger said:

FYI - the bin painters have been told that the crew bars will be very limited on giving out paper bands this year.  Expectation is they will be hard to get.

1 minute ago, JoeyT said:

Don't tell me this I'm an Oxfamer and I was looking forward to seeing what they were about!

They say this every year! 

Like all blags... there is an art to it.

3 minutes ago, stuie said:

Does an Oxfam band suffice in terms of gaining entry each time or do you need a specific bar band after going in first time?

2 minutes ago, stuie said:

Are all crew bars separate independent businesses? If so I would be surprised if you'd get turned away when they're quiet with a crew wristband, after all they'd be there to make hay while the sun's shining. At busy times I imagine it would be different story though, they'd need to be loyal their crew.

1 minute ago, JoeyT said:

Does an Oxfam band suffice in terms of gaining entry each time or do you need a specific bar band after going in first time?

I think it depends on how busy. If it's quiet they'll probably let most wristbands in, if busy their crew wristbands get priority. 

2 hours ago, stuie said:

Tow & Hitch (Arcadia) 

#halcyon
#Lush
#belfast
#acidhouse
#orbital
#techno

Well, I'm not jealous at all 😅

35 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

EPO bands used to get you into most but not all, last year they reduced the amount drastically but our plastic worker bands (recycling crew) got us in Tow & Hitch, Maceos, Unfairground, W Holts but not Acoustic. Didnt try any others.