Bearded Theory 2024

2 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

If the Magical Sounds replacement is a little titchy tent like that one was then Orbital won't be playing in there, it would need to be something Meadow sized.

Yeah I see Orbital screaming Meadow actually. I don't think the mass appeal is there to headline pallet and any earlier than a headline won't work. They are great but it's all about the lights.

Orbital are down as a main stage headliner on their website

Dance and electronic music holds a huge and vital role in alternative communities, and we’re embracing that through the galvanising appearance from main stage headliners, Orbital, as well as with our dedicated dance stage.

Also lists 6 acts as headliners (so assuming these are split between the two main stages?)

HEADLINE PERFORMANCES FROM: JANE’S ADDICTION (UK FESTIVAL EXCLUSIVE), AMYL AND THE SNIFFERS, FUTURE ISLANDS, SLEAFORD MODS, ORBITAL AND DINOSAUR JR. (UK EXCLUSIVE SHOW)!

So does that mean we've got no more 'headliners' left to be announced?

2 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Yeah I see Orbital screaming Meadow actually. I don't think the mass appeal is there to headline pallet and any earlier than a headline won't work. They are great but it's all about the lights.

I know that they like to play outdoor rather than indoor, but i'd expect them to be further up the poster if they were headlining the Pallet. They'd bring a bigger crowd than Interpol did this year if they did, that crowd was embarrassing. 

Edited by Johnnyseven

2 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Orbital are down as a main stage headliner on their website

Dance and electronic music holds a huge and vital role in alternative communities, and we’re embracing that through the galvanising appearance from main stage headliners, Orbital, as well as with our dedicated dance stage.

Also lists 6 acts as headliners (so assuming these are split between the two main stages?)

HEADLINE PERFORMANCES FROM: JANE’S ADDICTION (UK FESTIVAL EXCLUSIVE), AMYL AND THE SNIFFERS, FUTURE ISLANDS, SLEAFORD MODS, ORBITAL AND DINOSAUR JR. (UK EXCLUSIVE SHOW)!

So does that mean we've got no more 'headliners' left to be announced?

If that's the case then I am not sure what to do......yet to buy a ticket.

5 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

I know that they like to play outdoor rather than indoor, but i'd expect them to be further up the poster if they were headlining the Pallet. They'd bring a bigger crowd than Interpol did this year if they did, that crowd was embarrassing. 

Yep Interpol was dead. I stumbled through on way back to tent from Beans On Toast. Don't remember it though.

Last year's line up was brilliant for me personally, loads of acts I wanted to see, so I am feeling a bit underwhelmed this time around. That said I am still thoroughly looking forward to the festival and excited to see who else will be added.

10 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

Take a listen to their Your Living All Over Me and Bug albums.

Will do!

2 minutes ago, AmyShambles said:

Last year's line up was brilliant for me personally, loads of acts I wanted to see, so I am feeling a bit underwhelmed this time around. That said I am still thoroughly looking forward to the festival and excited to see who else will be added.

Think it's a solid, rather than stellar lineup but there's more than enough there for me, and a fair bit to come, bet there will still be unpleasant clash decisions to be made!

26 minutes ago, AmyShambles said:

It's horses for courses, last year for me was a bit meh but this year there's loads of my all time favourites on there. Jane's Addiction, Dinosaur Jr, Orbital, The Orb, 808 State and System 7 and it's not even the full line up yet!

47 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

It's horses for courses, last year for me was a bit meh but this year there's loads of my all time favourites on there. Jane's Addiction, Dinosaur Jr, Orbital, The Orb, 808 State and System 7 and it's not even the full line up yet!

Oh yeah, I totally agree. There's a good few on there who I am looking forward to seeing and hopefully a few more to come. Last year was more or less perfect for me so it was always unlikely to beat that!

Completely underwhelmed, although last years line up was the weakest one (for my tastes) of the seven I've attended and I had the best time. Saying that, there are only 4 that are of interest on the poster and I've seen all of those many times. My explorations this afternoon also drew a big fat blank. 

13 minutes ago, Charlie Rabbit said:

Bearded Theory newbie question 

… if not camping is it possible to park & Leave & park again the next day?  And if so, would one parking ticket work for the whole weekend or would I need to pay every day?

thanks!

Last year I stayed at a hotel about 10 miles from the site and drove in each day with no issues. It's about a 15 min walk from the furthest away parking to the festival arena. 

Parking price is covered for the whole weekend with the pass/sticker in the window.

56 minutes ago, bucko said:

I see beans is back so he could be curating a day at the woodlands again, he seems to get on well with the new owners.

I really enjoyed the Saturday afternoon in the woodlands this year.

Is the thing he does in Nottingham (arboretum?) anything to do with the new owners? Wonder if that's where the relationship is from

10 hours ago, philipsteak said:

Is the thing he does in Nottingham (arboretum?) anything to do with the new owners? Wonder if that's where the relationship is from

Yes it's DHP

They have had a good working relationship for a long time , same as Skinny Lister, Frank Turner and a lot of the Xtra Mile lot 

Edited by Paul ™

8 hours ago, philipsteak said:

Yeah his manager is Adam who is founder of This Is Now Agency.

He seems to like his regular slots, can see woodland happening again. I got chatting to Jay's mum (long story) and she says she will meet me for a  drink in woodland again next year so think he maybe on there for sure? Can't see him working on any other stage really either.