Clashfinder

The Other Steve

3 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

I don't understand how to use it, can you create an itinerary with it?

Yeah create a login and colour in, you can choose what colours represent, I do Must See, Want to See and if I’m passing by….

1 minute ago, morph100 said:

Yeah create a login and colour in, you can choose what colours represent, I do Must See, Want to See and if I’m passing by….

I've logged in but just can't figure out how to colour anything... is a phone thing? Do I need to get on my desktop perhaps?

1 hour ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

I've logged in but just can't figure out how to colour anything... is a phone thing? Do I need to get on my desktop perhaps?

I think you might have to sign up to an account to personalise. I tend to filter put all of the stages I'm unlikely to go to then highlight the stuff I'm interested in. You can use different colours for different priorities if you like. Then I print off each day double sided on a sheet of A4 and take one put with me each day. 

There are different views (itinerary, clashfinder etc) but tbh it can depend so much on what the weather is like and whether you can he bothered to run around so being able to see what else is on is handy. You might need to use a pc to get the best from it.

When you click on a box it should turn green etc. Then it'll save it when you  log back in it'll show it all.

Edited by midlifecrisis

Couldn't use it on my phone, it was naff.

Just filled it all up on my desktop though and omg, there's no way we're going to see everything I've ticked. Friday and Saturday is just full of clashes. Bloomin 'eck. Didn't have this last year! 🙈 Brutal

Edited by Bike_Like_A_Mum

One thing I would suggest to people that works a treat - The Desktop version of Clashfinder has various Export options. Can use that to put your selections as appointments in your regular Google/Apple/whatever Calendar which I find integrates well with the phone and allows for notifications etc.

• Upvote 1

Just filled it all up on my desktop though and omg, there's no way we're going to see everything I've ticked. Friday and Saturday is just full of clashes. Bloomin 'eck. Didn't have this last year! 🙈 Brutal

I've not tried using it properly yet, just having a look...

But it doesn't seem to be working quite right on mobile.  It won't select bands.  But does when selecting desktop mode on mobile.

Anyway, I'll use it on my proper computer when I get some time to go through it in detail.

Haha yes! The Clashfinder is where the festival shrinks into real time, in my experience. Suddenly the idea that you’ll be able to whimsically enjoy every act you were excited to see on the line up comes face to face with the brutal reality. 

1 hour ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

I find Clashfinder completely unusable. Tend to type out and print my schedule, and also used the old EE app. Might give the new Vodafone thing a try this year.

I'm too impatient for that!!! 🤣 trying to have a rough idea 

4 hours ago, incident said:

One thing I would suggest to people that works a treat - The Desktop version of Clashfinder has various Export options. Can use that to put your selections as appointments in your regular Google/Apple/whatever Calendar which I find integrates well with the phone and allows for notifications etc.

Out of upvotes today! ^^This is definitely the way forward though!

6 hours ago, incident said:

Aye good call

Liking the look of mine at first pass. I've got plenty of stuff I'd happily watch but very few absolute must sees, so it looks like I'm going to end up with 4 days full of options but hardly any upsetting clashes.  Going to be very different to last year and I'm 100% here for it.

I find clashfinder an essential part of the build-up.  Just found a donation option at the bottom of clashfinder and was very happy to do so.  It is an invaluable tool for many of us so I would encourage you to make a donation to recognise Halvin's hard work ... if you can.