Secret Sets 2023

JayDiesel

1 hour ago, Lithoniel said:

Fred Again and Four Tet are on the line up.... Skrillex wont be far behind.

Well he has to fly back from Romania on Saturday morning to even get there in time? Dont know why ya'll think PHM in broad daylight is gonna be anything near what they did in April.

TBA acts in the park & Woodsies will be reletively big. Even if they are not to your personal taste.

George Ezra & Jack White were the 2 last year. Much bigger acts than Bombay Bicycle Club. More historically big anyway. I am not saying to expect ACDC, but I expect they'll be "names".

Grian from Fontaines to pop up somewhere.

Think The Amazons will do the Saturday 6pm @ Woodsies between Shame & Maneskin.

Potentially Confidence Man for the 7:30pm on Friday at Woodsies.

Surprised Yard Act aren’t on there but might be saved for next year.

Green Day??

5 minutes ago, JP1994 said:

Grian from Fontaines to pop up somewhere.

Think The Amazons will do the Saturday 6pm @ Woodsies between Shame & Maneskin.

Potentially Confidence Man for the 7:30pm on Friday at Woodsies.

Surprised Yard Act aren’t on there but might be saved for next year.

Green Day??

Confidence Man have said they are only DJing

43 minutes ago, goldfishboy said:

Blur in the Park would be perfect

1 hour ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Yeah love MJ's. Just looked at the current Transgressive bands, apart from the big ones like foals and the ones that would be really unlikely to play like Alvvays there are a lot of acts I haven't heard. I would be well up for the waeve though. That Album is great. 

2 hours ago, downtherabbithole said:

Blur makes the most sense at the moment. Maybe the park secret set that clashes with Lizzo and Maneskin. 

Graham playing in Dublin with the Waeve on Friday, Blur playing Dublin on the Saturday so would seem impossible

Edited by Levitz
  • Upvote 1

I am into The Amazons. Seen them couple times and they would slot nicely in after Shame. Expecting huge acts in these gaps is unrealistic thinking with crowd control being a concern now more than ever. I would expect the likes of Amazons / Nothing But Thieves / BBC size in them unless on the main/other stage.

19 minutes ago, Slix_Trix said:

I am into The Amazons. Seen them couple times and they would slot nicely in after Shame. Expecting huge acts in these gaps is unrealistic thinking with crowd control being a concern now more than ever. I would expect the likes of Amazons / Nothing But Thieves / BBC size in them unless on the main/other stage.

In the last 2 festivals the TBA on those stages have been bigger.

George Ezra - JPT 2022

Jack White - Park 2022

Foals - Park 2019

Previous in 2017 it was the Killers in JPT..  I cant remember the Park one on the Friday (if someone can remind me) ... it was Elbow

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

15 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Very big act. Could have headlined at 1 point, but they wouldnt shock me as a Woodsies TBA.

Last years rumours were chaos.

Some chap I met at Williams Green was adamant they were playing BBC introducing stage on the Saturday I think it was. Got there nice and early and it was Idles.

Wasn’t complaining as I missed them the day before from peaking too early 😂 

28 minutes ago, Pr0paneNightm4re said:

Does anyone actually like The Amazons? Pretty sure even if their set was billed it’d have mediocre attendance 

Agreed. Not notorious enough to be a TBA on a main stage for me

Foos pyramid, pulp one of the woodsies ones, something unremarkable but that people have actually heard of for the other woodsies and park

Edited by Memory Man

19 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

George Ezra - JPT 2022

Jack White - Park 2022

Foals - Park 2019

Previous in 2017 it was the Killers in JPT..  I cant remember the Park one on the Friday (if someone can remind me) ... it was Elbow

Vampire Weekend were also a TBA in 2019 - opened The Park one day. 

18 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

George Ezra - JPT 2022

Jack White - Park 2022

Foals - Park 2019

Oh I know they have had much bigger...but I was under the impression that those days are in the past now as big draws need big stages and there was unsafe incidents in recent times. That being said, I agree that Amazons are probably too small for the slot. Based on their tweet, they will appear but probably more likely the BBC Introducing stage

1 minute ago, Slix_Trix said:

Oh I know they have had much bigger...but I was under the impression that those days are in the past now as big draws need big stages and there was unsafe incidents in recent times. That being said, I agree that Amazons are probably too small for the slot. Based on their tweet, they will appear but probably more likely the BBC Introducing stage

I think the consensus after last year’s crowd issues, is that the really big draws can only be on Pyramid, Other or Woodsies (access to which can be closed off if needed).  

So that rules out a really big act on The Park (unless the secret is kept well enough to really restrict the crowd).  But Woodsies would be doable. 

2 minutes ago, Slix_Trix said:

Having someone as a secret set IMO needs to be big enough to draw a crowd to fill the area. No point having a secret set for the JPT / Park and it not being a draw. They could have just put that act on the line up.

I am not expecting Adele to show up on the Park / JPT - but I am expecting it to be someone of note

Some of these are correct. Some of these are me stirring the pot further. See you in the fields.

Pyramid: Foo Fighters

Friday Woodsies: Pulp

Saturday Woodsies: Amazons

Park: Bloc Party

Greenpeace: Fatboy Slim

Rabbit Hole: Fatboy Slim

Temple Fri: Peggy Gou

Temple Saturday: OMG TBA 

Temple Saturday: Overmono

Platform 23 Saturday Takeover: Hospitality