Predictions: 'Special guest' appearances 2023

sophiemarie

Can’t remember where we are with Sam Smith as a likely addition to the line up..  but they’ve got a collab coming out imminently with Madonna.. would be amazing to have her do a guest appearance, especially if she’s potentially headlining next year, might be in her interests to pop down to the farm. 

41 minutes ago, Pipine said:

Can’t remember where we are with Sam Smith as a likely addition to the line up..  but they’ve got a collab coming out imminently with Madonna.. would be amazing to have her do a guest appearance, especially if she’s potentially headlining next year, might be in her interests to pop down to the farm. 

A cute idea, but no chance in hell she would do this

4 minutes ago, Monty Pythagoras said:

I assume the Christmas bit isn’t one of them

That's the most wrong bit.

The Elton bit isn't one of them. I'm not interested in seeing him, not as fan, but appreciate that he's a very popular and talented singer.

Still think he should be in the "legends" slot.

• Like 1

I know this isn't the right thread perhaps, but I didn't know where else to ask, but what's the difference between a Secret Set, a TBA, and Special Guests on line-ups?

To me it all sounds more or less the same.

EDIT - A special guest who appears with a named artist already on the line-up is clear to me, I just mean on the main line-up if they're labelled as "Special Guests", but you don't know who it is.

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

Just now, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I know this isn't the right thread perhaps, but I didn't know where else to ask, but what's the difference between a Secret Set, a TBA, and Special Guests on line-ups?

To me it all sounds more or less the same.

For the most part, sod all difference.

At other festivals, sometimes a band is named on the lineup ahead of time with "Special Guests" appended, as a nod to signify that they could probably play a higher slot than they've taken, but Glastonbury has never really done that. At Glastonbury "Special Guests" don't tend to be named so it's no different from TBA, colloquially known as a Secret Set.

On 5/24/2023 at 11:07 AM, Super Johnny Fos said:

The Damned ate also playing that weekend and I wouldn't be surprised if they joined for a cover of "Down on the farm". 

Although the song is too appropriate, it's not a Damned song, its UK Subs. They could do New Rose though.

On 5/22/2023 at 5:36 PM, nikkic said:

I don’t think Elton will have a special guest. 

Hasn’t had one the majority of the tour. 

TBF when headlining the Pyramid the normal tour rules often go out the window. It’s typical to get something special. 

5 hours ago, Breeze said:

TBF when headlining the Pyramid the normal tour rules often go out the window. It’s typical to get something special. 

It's not really. Some do, some don't. Macca did, but out of the old guard U2, the Stones, Stevie, Springsteen, Neil Young, The Who, etc all didn’t.  

That said, I think for Elton it'll be Kiki Dee - or nothing at all.

On 5/25/2023 at 5:39 AM, Pipine said:

Sam needs to have a voice to be able to pop up on stage. They just cancelled some gigs.