Trolley Recommendations

HH46810

6 hours ago, HH46810 said:

Hi all,

I'm looking to buy a trolley to help with lugging things from the car. Was recommended this one: https://oypla.com/garden/garden-tools-equipment/heavy-duty-metal-gardening-trolley-green-trailer-cart but annoyingly is sold out. Anyone have any other recommendations? Not looking to spend loads but don't want something useless either.

Cheers!

That particular trolley is sold in multiple places. Surely not sold out everywhere ? B&Q do them I believe. 

You can get these all over, I’ve just seen one on Amazon. We’ve used one for years and it’s never let us down. Although we do now take spare tyres after getting a puncture at Leeds fest one year on the walk to camp with a trolley full of crates, wasn’t fun!

33 minutes ago, sprocketrocket said:

Get yourself a second hand bike trailer from eBay.  

Pushing big wheels is far easier then pulling small wheels. They're really manoeuvrable and fold down fairly flat. 

The wheels cut through mud easily (not that we'll have any this year)

Or don't, it's up to you. 

Absolutely. This is my work in progress. It's a fishing barrow. Upgraded the wheels to none pneumatic and building a Royal Box for Grand Daughter.

IMG20230506154219.jpg

12 hours ago, HH46810 said:

Hi all,

I'm looking to buy a trolley to help with lugging things from the car. Was recommended this one: https://oypla.com/garden/garden-tools-equipment/heavy-duty-metal-gardening-trolley-green-trailer-cart but annoyingly is sold out. Anyone have any other recommendations? Not looking to spend loads but don't want something useless either.

Cheers!

I had this one. was good for two festivals. We overloadded it a bit and it broke on a hill. I think it was mainly as we brought a cooler w 50odd cans in it though. 

2 hours ago, sprocketrocket said:

Get yourself a second hand bike trailer from eBay.  

Pushing big wheels is far easier then pulling small wheels. They're really manoeuvrable and fold down fairly flat. 

The wheels cut through mud easily (not that we'll have any this year)

Or don't, it's up to you. 

Agree

We used a bike trailer when the kids were little to transport them around but now I use it to transport my stuff to/from the car.

4 hours ago, thewomble said:

You can get these all over, I’ve just seen one on Amazon. We’ve used one for years and it’s never let us down. Although we do now take spare tyres after getting a puncture at Leeds fest one year on the walk to camp with a trolley full of crates, wasn’t fun!

Buy some solid rubber wheels, best upgrade you can give them

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Trolley-Garden-Wheelbarrow-Rubber-Yellow/dp/B075ZT2B7D/ref=sr_1_6?keywords=Garden+Trolley+Wheels&qid=1684144590&sr=8-6

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

Yes. This. And take some spare split pins and a small pare of pliers. The biggest failure of trolleys is the split pin failure and wheel falling off. Literally and metaphorically.

Personally I’d recommend sack trucks and some large plastic boxes you can stack on them and bungee cord/strap. used something similar to this + two large boxes 40x40cmx100cm for years. 

What ever you buy some storage boxes and straps/bungees are a good idea, keeps stuff dry and allow you you stack it.

something similar to this.

https://www.diy.com/departments/600lb-heavy-duty-sack-truck-industrial-hand-trolley-with-pneumatic-tyre-wheel/5056316702478_BQ.prd

Edited by Evilmonkeydan

4 hours ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

Sorry, gremlin double post. It is worth also checking what weight the truck is specced to? Some of the collapsed trucks last year on muddy lane were clearly 25 quid from the Aldi / Lidl middle aisle and were never going to manage a few hundred cans for 2 miles 

Edited by Jay Pee

We’re looking for a trolley this time too….we need to find a decent collapsible in order to get in a VW Polo down to the farm and then to store it once at home…does anyone have any suggestions as to what is best to look at? It’s just for the two of us to take a couple of crates of cider etc? 🥳

I had a four wheeled garden trolly that’s served me for 6 Glasto’s and just as many other camping festivals. It’s still ok, but ment doing two trips to the car. With both my wife’s and my stuff.

Upgraded to a fishing trolly, so will do it in one trip. Splashed out got the electric one, this year will be the easiest trip. Folds down flat, even though it’s bigger built, takes up less room in the car.

IMG_0561.jpeg

IMG_0560.jpeg

Cheers all for suggestions / ideas.

Tbh I think I was being a bit lazy but after a  quick google using the title of the original link I posted, I found this on Wayfair: https://www.wayfair.co.uk/VonHaus--95.5cm-H-x-52cm-W-x-110cm-D-250kg-Hand-Truck-Trolley-15213-L221-K~VONH1193.html?refid=GX636928871444-VONH1193&device=c&ptid=540774373158&targetid=pla-540774373158&network=g&ireid=226981142&gad=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjwsIejBhDOARIsANYqkD3vJgfyYZjOvBOZBDF7E8uTQk_ckBSUi4C3jr4cB_c4cFbcQYzRPfgaAlD6EALw_wcB

Almost half price and looks sufficiently sturdy and big to carry all the alcohol we need. Think the Wayfair sell ends tomorrow so the price might go up after that!

I'm considering a trolley this year but taking a different approach. I've got a 85L monster of a backpack which I'm comfortable carrying as long as I'm moving. Where I struggled with my bag last year were in transition areas such as getting on and off buses and during long periods of queuing. Standing around in the slow moving wristband queue was a pain as well as the stop start nature of the Gate A queue, picking up my bag and putting it down again every 5 minutes got annoying.

This year I'll be on the coach again, I'll have moved house before Glasto so will need to get a train to and from my departure point with a couple of changes. What I'd need is something to take the strain for the difficult parts of the journey to the festival such as dashing between station platforms and the slow moving entry queues but also be light enough so it won't make too much difference when I'm carrying the bag if the ground isn't firm. Once through the gates I'll be carrying the whole thing as I'll be able to move at a comfortable pace.

This is what I'm thinking of, from Eurohike so it's the same make as my backpack and my bag has got fixing points to allow it to be tied to a trolley so I'm guessing the spacing will match, the extra 2kg in weight won't make much difference to my overall load. Will obviously be needing it for the return journey too so it won't be getting left behind. Anyone got any experience with one?

go_352478_a?w=638&h=638

3 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

I'm considering a trolley this year but taking a different approach. I've got a 85L monster of a backpack which I'm comfortable carrying as long as I'm moving. Where I struggled with my bag last year were in transition areas such as getting on and off buses and during long periods of queuing. Standing around in the slow moving wristband queue was a pain as well as the stop start nature of the Gate A queue, picking up my bag and putting it down again every 5 minutes got annoying.

This year I'll be on the coach again, I'll have moved house before Glasto so will need to get a train to and from my departure point with a couple of changes. What I'd need is something to take the strain for the difficult parts of the journey to the festival such as dashing between station platforms and the slow moving entry queues but also be light enough so it won't make too much difference when I'm carrying the bag if the ground isn't firm. Once through the gates I'll be carrying the whole thing as I'll be able to move at a comfortable pace.

This is what I'm thinking of, from Eurohike so it's the same make as my backpack and my bag has got fixing points to allow it to be tied to a trolley so I'm guessing the spacing will match, the extra 2kg in weight won't make much difference to my overall load. Will obviously be needing it for the return journey too so it won't be getting left behind. Anyone got any experience with one?

go_352478_a?w=638&h=638

Mate, i am not sure that would get you to the other side of the car park.  Sorry

On 5/15/2023 at 8:19 PM, Vulpes vulpes said:

I had a four wheeled garden trolly that’s served me for 6 Glasto’s and just as many other camping festivals. It’s still ok, but ment doing two trips to the car. With both my wife’s and my stuff.

Upgraded to a fishing trolly, so will do it in one trip. Splashed out got the electric one, this year will be the easiest trip. Folds down flat, even though it’s bigger built, takes up less room in the car.

IMG_0561.jpeg

IMG_0560.jpeg

Crikey, that is a monster.  Bar has been raised to the moon.  What did it cost?

I've used one of these bike buggy things every festival since 2013 and simply can't imagine doing without it now:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/HOMCOM-Collapsible-2-Seater-Stroller-Trailer/dp/B078W1W9J5

Seriously, these are the absolute best solution for lugging stuff from car to camp and back again and you'll not likely need to make two trips, they can take a hell of a load. You can collapse it down to stash it in your camp, too. They're petty robust, had one that snapped its front wheel off one year but that was heading back to the car to go home anyway so wasn't bothered.

5 minutes ago, Jay Pee said:

Mate, i am not sure that would get you to the other side of the car park.  Sorry

I'm mainly wanting to use it on flat solid ground before getting to the festival. I'm thinking of lightweight and portability. As soon as the ground conditions aren't suitable for wheels I'd be hoisting the whole thing on to my back and carrying it the old fashioned way. Just thinking it would be easier in the queue if I just need to pull something for 5 metres before stopping again instead of having to lift my bag up and down all the time.

Might have to go for something more substantial like this. Aluminium so light but still foldable so won't have issues squeezing it on a coach.

https://www.screwfix.com/p/folding-sack-truck-80kg/1209p

Folding Sack Truck 80kg

3 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I'm mainly wanting to use it on flat solid ground before getting to the festival. I'm thinking of lightweight and portability. As soon as the ground conditions aren't suitable for wheels I'd be hoisting the whole thing on to my back and carrying it the old fashioned way. Just thinking it would be easier in the queue if I just need to pull something for 5 metres before stopping again instead of having to lift my bag up and down all the time.

Might have to go for something more substantial like this. Aluminium so light but still foldable so won't have issues squeezing it on a coach.

https://www.screwfix.com/p/folding-sack-truck-80kg/1209p

Folding Sack Truck 80kg

Understand. It's the challenge of finding something to help you out that can fit on the coach. This one looks a bit more robust and i suppose the proof is in the festival test.

37 minutes ago, Vulpes vulpes said:

I bought mine new, but there on eBay for about £150. Search carp porter.

I am sorted already with a carp trolley but a bit lower spec than that. I'm deffo a fan of pushing my load instead of pulling it.