The Unofficial eFests Meet-up

Crazyfool01

2 minutes ago, Pear_Cider said:

Don't ever remember it being at the Park and I'm sure the meet up was at the Ridge and Furrow in 2014. It always used to be at the  Cider Bus but it got too busy and it was difficult to all meet up so it changed in about 2013 I think.

It started at the pyramid stage in 1989.

Then moved to jazz world stage for a number of years then cider bus for a bit then ridge and furrow.

5 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I’ll be there, as always, I’m intending to spread peace and happiness to all. 

Same mate, bit of the old all year round Glastonbury spirit.  Be kind, be cheerful and engage with stranger's as if they are friends.

15 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

Yes, turn up. It's all good, we are at Glastonbury and it has always been a lovely meet. Plenty of different folk turn up. It's all about meeting people. Just wear speedos 😃

Speedos? I don't think the world is ready to see me at Glastonbury in Speedos 🤭

34 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Tbf, I've thought about turning up to these meets before as a long time lurker going back over a decade, but always felt like it was only for guys with 20k plus messages or people who had met up previously or knew each other from the threads a long time. I nearly went to it back in 2014, but chickened out, lol. Altho I thought that one was in the Park? Or has it changed places?

This thread isn't helping me warm to the idea though...

Do lots of unknowns turn up each year? Or is it mostly long term friends etc?

to echo what others have said, you should 100% go to the meet up, I'm more a lurker than poster on here and I've only been to two meet-up's, took me a long time to get up the courage, and I'm so glad I did, I was great to rock up and chat to complete strangers like they were friends, It's a really friendly and welcoming atmosphere and all I can do is recommend it, it's also nice to have somewhere to be on the Wednesday 

23 minutes ago, gfa said:

i went for the first time last year (with slightly less posts to my name - half are probably from other boards mind you) and there's definitely lots of people who know each other but also there were some other first timers 🙂 theres a good number of people too, its not just people with 10k+ posts haha

you have nothing to be worried about - although i think i'd be most concerned about having a name badge that says 'megatronic meat wagon' haha

but seriously come along

Cheers! I don't know why it's so daunting meeting people in person after a couple thousand messages. I'm 99% sure I'll be there, gotta break my duck!

37 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

absolutely everyone welcome . ive had people with not many  posts and lurkers approach me at the meet , its for everyone just like the virtual meets we setup and continue to invite new people in ... the same will exist with the crazy fool meet 

Cheers for setting this up and taking all the flak! You've got broad shoulders, if not only for that hat you'll be wearing all weekend!

35 minutes ago, Pear_Cider said:

Don't ever remember it being at the Park and I'm sure the meet up was at the Ridge and Furrow in 2014. It always used to be at the  Cider Bus but it got too busy and it was difficult to all meet up so it changed in about 2013 I think.

This might have more to do with my memory/poor knowledge of where the Ridge and Furrow is... lol 

11 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

The forum meet-up started before the internet became available?

Now that is impressive.

i've been using the internet since 1985some of us are first movers not followers.

Edited by Neil

26 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

I’ve never been to one.

What do you say about people making things up?

'people like you did', what don't you understand there???????????

13 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

The forum meet-up started before the internet became available?

Now that is impressive.

first efests meet was '98, i got the year wrong, i've been using the internet since '85

7 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

This might have more to do with my memory/poor knowledge of where the Ridge and Furrow is... lol 

ridge and furrow is in the field behind the west holts field, the field with the cabaret tent in.

13 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Cheers for setting this up and taking all the flak!

oh, thats nothing, but he did choose to create it, he's been asked several times to not lay claim to the efestivals name. but did it again anyway.

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

I don’t understand most of the things you say to be fair.

you seem to like for many years  places you hate so much. i don't like to go where i dislike, which is why i'm out of glasto after this one, its not as good as it used to be. 😛
(some of us have been going long enough to know that). 

Edited by Neil

1 hour ago, gfa said:

although i think i'd be most concerned about having a name badge that says 'megatronic meat wagon' haha

but seriously come along

Name badge that says @MEGATRONICMEATWAGONwill be fine at the ridge and furrow. Maybe take it off before NYC Downlow… unless you’re feeling brave 😂

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Tbf, I've thought about turning up to these meets before as a long time lurker going back over a decade, but always felt like it was only for guys with 20k plus messages or people who had met up previously or knew each other from the threads a long time. I nearly went to it back in 2014, but chickened out, lol. Altho I thought that one was in the Park? Or has it changed places?

This thread isn't helping me warm to the idea though...

Do lots of unknowns turn up each year? Or is it mostly long term friends etc?

Please do feel free to come along. There may be sticker badges so you can see who you are with or near, but that doesn't mean you have to only speak to certain people. I've met new people there, and existing friends. The only stress I've known there is in my head (neuro diversity, crowds & not being able to read people), not aggro from people.

Ok, there is group banter from what people have posted here over weeks or years, but the other end of the spectrum is where a group of my friends met on this forum and arranged to camp together as they were all singles / not in groups, and the friendship flourished.

And if you don't want to go, that's obvs fine too 👍🏻.