woodsies

Crazyfool01

2 hours ago, Nick dp said:

Proud of myself predicting slowdive on Sunday before somebody followed with the 5pm slot, just before editors I belive

Does the Editors info have backing? Sunday is looking like a very busy day at the moment!

So are we assuming a Fri/Sat/Sun thing then for Woodsies?

I can’t believe I’ve never heard of the Murder Capital before. Been listening to their latest album and I love it. Being a Fontaines DC fan I thought I’d have found one through the other.

if people are right and we’re on for these Friday, I’ll probably become n there for most of the day! TMC/Maneskin/Warpaint

Just now, JMB01 said:

Seen the odd comment on various fb pages that Woodsies stage is now outside rather than in a tent !

That can’t be right can it ? Surely sound bleed issues as reasonably close to Silver Hayes etc .

Almost certain it’s just gonna be the exact same tent but renamed - think people are taking the name a bit too literally, as well as them having mentioned utilising the surrounding area a little more. 

6 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Almost certain it’s just gonna be the exact same tent but renamed - think people are taking the name a bit too literally, as well as them having mentioned utilising the surrounding area a little more. 

Thanks , thought it didn’t really sound right .

I don’t want my experience of Slowdive to be soured by hearing other stages . A tent is perfect for them ! 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, JMB01 said:

Seen the odd comment on various fb pages that Woodsies stage is now outside rather than in a tent !

That can’t be right can it ? Surely sound bleed issues as reasonably close to Silver Hayes etc .

The map shows the outline as the exact same tent shape as before. No reason to think it's outside.

So from the person who told me slowdive were playing a couple of weeks ago said they are on before editors. Before both bands were annouced on the Sunday. However the slowdive stuff has become true so I can't see their wrong about editors. But u never know

Folk thinking that C+TQ have it wrong on their website that they are playing Sunday? I'm holding out hope that it's some kind of double headline thing like Lizzo on Pyramid so Phoenix don't clash with Elton. They have European gigs on Fri and Sat... Travelling in from Luxembourg for the Sunday 

8 hours ago, Nick dp said:

So from the person who told me slowdive were playing a couple of weeks ago said they are on before editors. Before both bands were annouced on the Sunday. However the slowdive stuff has become true so I can't see their wrong about editors. But u never know

That's perfect, cheers!

On 5/12/2023 at 2:00 PM, p.pete said:

For Friday my heart says Young Fathers -> Saw Doctors -> Hot Chip but my head and body says something needs to be dropped 😄 

Only just saw this for some reason. That's quite a trek! And wait, how are you going to fit in Saw Drs into that? Aren't they headlining the Acoustic? Or does that finish earlier than the others?

21 hours ago, mungo57 said:

So are we assuming a Fri/Sat/Sun thing then for Woodsies?

I can’t believe I’ve never heard of the Murder Capital before. Been listening to their latest album and I love it. Being a Fontaines DC fan I thought I’d have found one through the other.

if people are right and we’re on for these Friday, I’ll probably become n there for most of the day! TMC/Maneskin/Warpaint

Woodsies looks to NOT be a Fri/Sat/Sun order on the poster - at least not below the top line!

21 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Only just saw this for some reason. That's quite a trek! And wait, how are you going to fit in Saw Drs into that? Aren't they headlining the Acoustic? Or does that finish earlier than the others?

Lots of issues with that plan 😄  - Young Fathers the priority, the horse I'm backing in terms of making sure I give proper time to enjoy the full set.  After that, looks like Acoustic headliners are on a bit earlier (proximity to family camping? / Pyramid traffic?) so I would miss the start of Saw Doctors, but not far from WH to Acoustic and reckon they'd be good fun and easy enough to enjoy without being there from the start.  Or skip Saw Doctors and go to see HC - that's definitely quite a trek.  Probably talking myself out of HC and I think I need a full lineup 🙂 

24 minutes ago, tarw said:

What’s wrong with the old one? Always enjoyed a pint there

Never tried it... Where is it?

To be honest I can count on one hand the amount of times ive been anywhere near the John Peel. 

The changes sound interesting though and will definitely be checking it out. 

On 5/12/2023 at 12:56 PM, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Nice to see Bru-C there. What a bonus!

great news.  Had hoped he would appear at some point.  Kind of assumed it would be dance area but this is better.  The darkness of the tent should add to the atmosphere